Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

muzzamurray

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, kingsy1884 said:

Vydra, Gunnarsson, Mcmanaman is probably enough at this stage of the season. Even those 3 are likely to set us back £18-£20mil.

I think injuries are more of a problem that has been aluded too. The team is looking pretty thin.

I wouldn't necessarily say we're looking 'thin'. It all depends how Pearson wants to play really. If he wants to use a CDM then yes we're looking thin, and he may have avoided a system with that just because Thorne is out.

We still have a squad that's far too big. We're likely to have Vydra in by the looks of it, and I'd be surprised if he's the only one. In that case I'd be even more surprised to not see some leave. I'd like the three additions you've listed, all would improve us. In which case I'd like to see Bent go. We'd have Martin, Wilson and Vydra. Weimann to come back, that's more than enough. If we sign a midfielder then one of Johnson, Hendrick, Butterfield or Bryson HAS to go. Absolutely no need for all of them plus another. It's just wasted wages. And if we get a winger, Blackman or Russell should go. I like Russell but he's been poor for a while now, I wouldn't be too gutted to see him go anymore.

16 minutes ago, hughesy 1984 said:

I don't understand people wanting wisdom back at Derby, unless be go 3 at the back. although he's good defensively he is incapable of going over the half way line and looks useless going forward. He's just  a short CB  imo and we obviously need an attacking full back, due to our lack of goals this season. 

Maybe because our current RB was responsible for all 3 chances Burton had yesterday

3 minutes ago, Kernow said:

I wouldn't necessarily say we're looking 'thin'. It all depends how Pearson wants to play really. If he wants to use a CDM then yes we're looking thin, and he may have avoided a system with that just because Thorne is out.

We still have a squad that's far too big. We're likely to have Vydra in by the looks of it, and I'd be surprised if he's the only one. In that case I'd be even more surprised to not see some leave. I'd like the three additions you've listed, all would improve us. In which case I'd like to see Bent go. We'd have Martin, Wilson and Vydra. Weimann to come back, that's more than enough. If we sign a midfielder then one of Johnson, Hendrick, Butterfield or Bryson HAS to go. Absolutely no need for all of them plus another. It's just wasted wages. And if we get a winger, Blackman or Russell should go. I like Russell but he's been poor for a while now, I wouldn't be too gutted to see him go anymore.

Its one thing having a big squad and another having strength in depth I agree that a fair few players probably need to be moved on.

I dont exactly think we are blessed with Wingers though ala the Pearson format. Apart from Camara and Ince we just have strikers playing on the wing.

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

I bet they would, brilliant money for someone who at best sits on a bench and maybe get his two mins a month on a pitch and has never actually produced anything worth seeing on a pitch and is only famous for a two footed stamp to cause serious injury - you may have noticed please not for me.

He was really good when he played for Wigan in the championship and is much better than what we currently have. N I personally like players with a bit of a nasty streak n I wish more of our players had one. Mcmanaman also always looks like he's giving his all unlike the overrated show pony we have on the wing. £4m or straight swop for ince is a good deal imo 

7 minutes ago, hughesy 1984 said:

He was really good when he played for Wigan in the championship and is much better than what we currently have. N I personally like players with a bit of a nasty streak n I wish more of our players had one. Mcmanaman also always looks like he's giving his all unlike the overrated show pony we have on the wing. £4m or straight swop for ince is a good deal imo 

I know what you are saying about the show pony and I would have sold him +£5 million but who knows nowadays 

3 hours ago, sage said:

Maybe because our current RB was responsible for all 3 chances Burton had yesterday

Apart from the goal, which came from the left...

Cyrus was one of our better players last night. That's not saying much, but our defence as a whole was fairly solid apart from the goal, when a midfielder lost his runner...

7 minutes ago, r4derby said:

Apart from the goal, which came from the left...

Cyrus was one of our better players last night. That's not saying much, but our defence as a whole was fairly solid apart from the goal, when a midfielder lost his runner...

Christie has to take the largest proportion of blame for the goal. Hughes and Keogh are positioned to cut out the cross. Hughes should be a bit nearer to him but the cross was so good he wouldn't have reached it. Christie could see the all and the players in front of him. Their player ran 6 yards to head a ball 2 yards from Christie's start position.  

He put one cross into the box and the rest of the time just ran into players. He lost the ball for the early Dyer chance and again reduced defending to a spectator sport for the sitter they missed on 88 minutes.  

21 minutes ago, sage said:

Christie has to take the largest proportion of blame for the goal. Hughes and Keogh are positioned to cut out the cross. Hughes should be a bit nearer to him but the cross was so good he wouldn't have reached it. Christie could see the all and the players in front of him. Their player ran 6 yards to head a ball 2 yards from Christie's start position.  

He put one cross into the box and the rest of the time just ran into players. He lost the ball for the early Dyer chance and again reduced defending to a spectator sport for the sitter they missed on 88 minutes.  

Nonsense, he was 5 yards further away from the goal than Hughes when the ball came over and then ran past a static Hughes and headed it in. Open your eyes, Christie was watching the guy just at the corner of the screen not marking Hughes player who was 8 yards away

Adomah only has 1 year left on his contract at Boro and has rejected a new deal. A close friend of his posted on instagram that they're "trying to sell him on the sly," and Villa are linked with him. People have said for a while now that we're lacking a proper winger, he's a good option if the price is reasonable.

1 hour ago, sage said:

But it's also worth noting that Cyrus made a good tackle on Dyer early on, before being outmuscled by OGrady. He also helped stop a Harness (I think) effort in second half from another left wing cross. He did some good things, more than Ollsson anyway.

48 minutes ago, r4derby said:

But it's also worth noting that Cyrus made a good tackle on Dyer early on, before being outmuscled by OGrady. He also helped stop a Harness (I think) effort in second half from another left wing cross. He did some good things, more than Ollsson anyway.

Are you his Mum? Yes he made a good tackle but the  lost it  trying to be fancy in his own area and for the Harness header, he did nothing, no challemge, teh lad just misheaded it because it only just missed Keogh

He isn't a good defender, He can be good going forwards but only when he crosses it early and doesn't think he is Messi

9 minutes ago, sage said:

Are you his Mum? Yes he made a good tackle but the  lost it  trying to be fancy in his own area and for the Harness header, he did nothing, no challemge, teh lad just misheaded it because it only just missed Keogh

He isn't a good defender, He can be good going forwards but only when he crosses it early and doesn't think he is Messi

Well, Martin O'Neil obviously sees something in him.....

9 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Well, Martin O'Neil obviously sees something in him.....

Yes he sees Eire's 2nd best right back, just ahead of Matt Doherty of Wolves

Pearson tried to sign Yedlin. Not as back up i presume. 

1 hour ago, sage said:

I actually think he's got slight 'headless chicken' syndrome when he's attacking, only pulls off some things due to his sheer physicality (speed and strength)

He isn't a great RB, yet. But he's a lot better than people give him credit for, and nowhere near as bad a performer as many make out.

With regards to me being his mum, I would assume I would remember him coming out of my vagina, being male...and not having a vagina (I'll just double check) can't imagine it would be pleasant. 

2 hours ago, r4derby said:

I actually think he's got slight 'headless chicken' syndrome when he's attacking, only pulls off some things due to his sheer physicality (speed and strength)

He isn't a great RB, yet. But he's a lot better than people give him credit for, and nowhere near as bad a performer as many make out.

With regards to me being his mum, I would assume I would remember him coming out of my vagina, being male...and not having a vagina (I'll just double check) can't imagine it would be pleasant. 

I was rather hoping you were, then you could tell him to cross it earlier or he gets no more sweets. 

Archived