Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

muzzamurray

17 minutes ago, Posh Ram said:

I think one of our main targets should be a defensive midfielder who can start instead of Thorne when he has little injuries or alongside him in defensive midfield in difficult away games. Hanson does that role at the moment but I like the fact we could have him on the bench and effectively have a substitute right-back, left-back, centre-back or defensive midfielder all in one player. Yesterday we looked ok defensively but bereft of creativity going forward and signing a player like this would allow for Hughes to play in a more advanced role whilst adding some much-needed "bite" to our midfield. Marlon Pack from Bristol City maybe. Aron Gunnarsson is somebody we've been linked with and would fit well in this role.

As many others have said, I'd also be looking at McManaman, who seems like the sort of player Pearson could get a lot out of, considering how weak some of our wingers looked yesterday. We'd probably need to sell before we can buy though, otherwise we risk becoming bloated in the winger department.

Missed the boat mate for the best dmc we could have got.... should have got jedinak. As for wingers if np plays our usual formation.... we have ince weimann camara russell.... need sell one for mcmanaman to come in but arguable if better than first choice 2 if fit in my opinion which will be weimann and ince

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, satty atwal said:

Missed the boat mate for the best dmc we could have got.... should have got jedinak. As for wingers if np plays our usual formation.... we have ince weimann camara russell.... need sell one for mcmanaman to come in but arguable if better than first choice 2 if fit in my opinion which will be weimann and ince

Jedinak would have been great, but to be honest I only see us needing a rotation DM, somebody who can start maybe 20 games, because Thorne needs rotating when possible. So Pack or Gunnarsson could conceivably full that role.

I'd be looking to shift Blackman or, if Blackman can't be sold, Russell. I'm happy to sell Hendrick too.

I reckon it'll be a a couple of players that will go out and will then start a cascading effect, allowing space in the squad to bring in 2 or 3.

If I was a betting man, Hendrick and Martin would be the players heading out. (Pure guesswork on my part)

41 minutes ago, Simsy said:

If Rhodes is available we should snap him up.

Ok I may surprise a few but if we could sell Martin for 7m I think we could get Rhodes for 1 or 2m extra which would be fantastic business.

are you one of those that thinks Martin is lazy? You're in for a shock if you think Rhodes is any harder-working!

Probably wont go for another striker now we have wilson. i would but who knows if pearson will. sometimes being a derby supporter makes us feel like ostriches with our head in the sand. i mean its ok for nigel hes flexible. but i would like to see nakhi wells or moses simon also a winger maybe c.mac also sell bird hes league 2 at best get youth player left back cover after olsson. an that icelandic cm whe keep getting linked with an maybe yedlin but consider outgoings to .WIth that i think jobs a gooden.

1 hour ago, Mostyn6 said:

are you one of those that thinks Martin is lazy? You're in for a shock if you think Rhodes is any harder-working!

Yes.

I don't think Rhodes has much more of a higher work rate but I think its more then Martin.

I would say Rhodes is more prolific then Martin and an all round better player. So my original suggestion wasn't for work rate but for quality.

4 minutes ago, Simsy said:

Yes.

I don't think Rhodes has much more of a higher work rate but I think its more then Martin.

I would say Rhodes is more prolific then Martin and an all round better player. So my original suggestion wasn't for work rate but for quality.

Rhodes a better all round footballer than Martin? Do you watch football, Jordan Rhodes is a Scottish Darren bent. Your playing with ten men with him in the pitch. No striker we could get has a better all round play than Martin 

37 minutes ago, Simsy said:

Yes.

1 goal and 7 games difference between them since Martin signed permanently for us.

46 minutes ago, Simsy said:

Yes.

Well wouldn't you just know it - Strachan continues to be blinded by our Chris, picking him for his next squad but failing to be convinced by Rhodes!

These professional football manager know sod all, don't they?

4 hours ago, Lord_Ram said:

Rhodes a better all round footballer than Martin? Do you watch football, Jordan Rhodes is a Scottish Darren bent. Your playing with ten men with him in the pitch. No striker we could get has a better all round play than Martin 

Well that would make sense as I think Bent is a better striker. Yes i watch football constantly, infact it pretty much takes over my life!

My mate is a Blackburn fan and watches Derby (so seen a lot of both strikers) and thinks Martin isn't a patch on Rhodes.

I had a similar debate on hear with Martin V Britt yet you go on any other forum out the 3 strikers who is the best I would be extremely confident Martin would come third. 

Yes Martin has been great for us and scored plenty of goals but i certainly think if he was at a team like Blackburn he wouldn't get even close to the tally Rhodes managed there. Take off ya rose tinted glasses.

4 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

Well wouldn't you just know it - Strachan continues to be blinded by our Chris, picking him for his next squad but failing to be convinced by Rhodes!

These professional football manager know sod all, don't they?

You have a short memory. Not so long ago Rhodes was picked yet Martin wasn't. Ok this time Rhodes has had 0 game time and Martin is selected to play against novice footballers.

I'm sorry but anyone that says Chris Martin is a better striker than Jordan Rhodes are deluded! They're both very different players but Jordan Rhodes has bagged 25+ a season for years now he guarantees goals & that's all that matters. I like Chris Martin but to say he's better than Rhodes I think some people are wearing rose tinted glasses, for the record Ross McCormack was left out of the squad I wouldn't say that makes Martin a better player would you? 

Archived