Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

muzzamurray

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top striker but Im sure they would want their 9m back

I believe you grt guaranteed goals with Rhodes. However he is very similar to Martin but probably with more pace and arguably sharper finishing. 

If the opportunity was their i would consider Rhodes an upgrade on Martin and therefore an improvement

8 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Us and Sheff Weds both in for Marley Watkins from Barnsley, he is in the last year of his contract, cant say I know too much about him

I'd be much more interested in Hourihane from Barnsley. 

1 hour ago, thekingofbuxton said:

Top striker but Im sure they would want their 9m back

I believe you grt guaranteed goals with Rhodes. However he is very similar to Martin but probably with more pace and arguably sharper finishing. 

If the opportunity was their i would consider Rhodes an upgrade on Martin and therefore an improvement

9m for a much bigger chance at making 160m, sold! 

4 minutes ago, kingsy1884 said:

Rhodes and Wells are players who i think we would be capable of getting there are not many more though. 

We could do with another winger like ibe as well i think. 

Oh and a backup rb like de laet or yedlin.

Lol at "backup"

Just now, KBB said:

Ok mate.

do you seriously think either of the players mentioned would drop down a league to be backup right back?

That's better.

Yeah backup probably isn't right but we could do with another RB though to compete or improve on christie.

12 minutes ago, kingsy1884 said:

That's better.

Yeah backup probably isn't right but we could do with another RB though to compete or improve on christie.

That chap that was here few years back, built like a truck, our best right back since mr laursen in my opinion.... sat in the stands for his club nowadays cant even get a loan.... 3m bid anyone? :ph34r:

I think one of our main targets should be a defensive midfielder who can start instead of Thorne when he has little injuries or alongside him in defensive midfield in difficult away games. Hanson does that role at the moment but I like the fact we could have him on the bench and effectively have a substitute right-back, left-back, centre-back or defensive midfielder all in one player. Yesterday we looked ok defensively but bereft of creativity going forward and signing a player like this would allow for Hughes to play in a more advanced role whilst adding some much-needed "bite" to our midfield. Marlon Pack from Bristol City maybe. Aron Gunnarsson is somebody we've been linked with and would fit well in this role.

As many others have said, I'd also be looking at McManaman, who seems like the sort of player Pearson could get a lot out of, considering how weak some of our wingers looked yesterday. We'd probably need to sell before we can buy though, otherwise we risk becoming bloated in the winger department.

Archived