Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

muzzamurray

4 hours ago, rynny said:

1 goal and 7 games difference between them since Martin signed permanently for us.

a quick check on wiki shows me this.

Rhodes averages a goal every 1.9 games.

Martin averages a goal every 3.1 games

Therefore i think thats substantial evidence in favour of Rhodes being more prolific ;)

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, McLovin said:

Rhodes and McCormack are better players than Martin. Whether Martin got picked ahead of them is irrelevant because Gordan Strachan has his favourites. Most of the Scottish fans and Scottish journalists want him out and are baffled by his decisions.

Rhodes is not a better player than Martin! Not a chance ! 

50 minutes ago, Rampager said:

I'm sorry but anyone that says Chris Martin is a better striker than Jordan Rhodes are deluded! They're both very different players but Jordan Rhodes has bagged 25+ a season for years now he guarantees goals & that's all that matters. I like Chris Martin but to say he's better than Rhodes I think some people are wearing rose tinted glasses, for the record Ross McCormack was left out of the squad I wouldn't say that makes Martin a better player would you? 

Agreed, Martin is a good player but he isn't half overrated sometimes. I doubt Martin would have got as many goals and assists McCormack and Rhodes did in "weaker" teams. 

11 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Rhodes is not a better player than Martin! Not a chance ! 

Put Martin in those Huddersfield and Blackburn teams he would struggle to get 10 goals imo. Martin looks better than he actually is because the system suits him down to the ground here. I'm sorry but if you think Martin is a better player than Rhodes then you're wearing your Rams tinted glasses. Ask the other 23 clubs in the league who they would prefer and I 100% guarantee they'd rather have Rhodes. A lot of my other non Rams friends think Martin is a bit of a donkey  judging him on whenever they have seen him play which tells you other fans don't rate him as highly. That's not to say Martin is a bad player because he is a very good championship striker. 

No chance Rhodes is a better player than Martin. Better goalscorer for sure, but nowhere near as good an all round player. 1 poster suggesting goals are all that matters is ridiculous. Derpends on the teams style of play and personnel. Derbys team over the last 3 years playing a 4-3-3 would not have been better off with Rhodes in over Martin. Martin was key to our success in the way we played.

There are a lot of short memories on this forum in regards to Chris Martin. Blokes a legend. Been immense the last 3 years

10 minutes ago, Ramdale said:

No chance Rhodes is a better player than Martin. Better goalscorer for sure, but nowhere near as good an all round player. 1 poster suggesting goals are all that matters is ridiculous. Derpends on the teams style of play and personnel. Derbys team over the last 3 years playing a 4-3-3 would not have been better off with Rhodes in over Martin. Martin was key to our success in the way we played.

There are a lot of short memories on this forum in regards to Chris Martin. Blokes a legend. Been immense the last 3 years

What success is that??? Constantly failing to gain promotion ??? Goals win games and Rhodes scores more than most in our division, sign him up play someone up top with him (maybe Martin) and get promoted ?

27 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Put Martin in those Huddersfield and Blackburn teams he would struggle to get 10 goals imo. Martin looks better than he actually is because the system suits him down to the ground here. I'm sorry but if you think Martin is a better player than Rhodes then you're wearing your Rams tinted glasses. Ask the other 23 clubs in the league who they would prefer and I 100% guarantee they'd rather have Rhodes. A lot of my other non Rams friends think Martin is a bit of a donkey  judging him on whenever they have seen him play which tells you other fans don't rate him as highly. That's not to say Martin is a bad player because he is a very good championship striker. 

I don't think it's a fact of him looking better than he actually is.  You have to play to each individuals strengths and that's what we have done for the past 2/3 years . I don't think Martin is the best striker in the league , but have you actually watched Rhodes play a game and not just gone of his goal scoring stats , because apart from his goals he brings very little to a team . He did nothing when he went to boro and struggled . Again I'm not saying martins the best in the league or he is irreplaceable because he is . But Rhodes is massively over rated . 

Just now, RiddingsRam said:

I don't think it's a fact of him looking better than he actually is.  You have to play to each individuals strengths and that's what we have done for the past 2/3 years . I don't think Martin is the best striker in the league , but have you actually watched Rhodes play a game and not just gone of his goal scoring stats , because apart from his goals he brings very little to a team . He did nothing when he went to boro and struggled . Again I'm not saying martins the best in the league or he is irreplaceable because he is . But Rhodes is massively over rated . 

In what way is Rhodes is overrated? Boro fans seem to think that Rhodes has struggled because Karanka's style and due to off the field reasons e.g family members dying, not because he isn't a good player. Grief hits everyone in different ways. Dawkins was in form before his mother died and that ultimately led to his departure.

3 minutes ago, McLovin said:

What rubbish! Most natural goal scorer the championship has seen in recent years, in what way is he overrated?

He is striker you have to build a team around, that is why he did so well with Blackburn and Huddersfield. We won't do that with him if he came to Derby.

1 minute ago, McLovin said:

In what way is Rhodes is overrated? Boro fans seem to think that Rhodes has struggled because Karanka's style and due to off the field reasons e.g family members dying, not because he isn't a good player. Grief hits everyone in different ways. Dawkins was in form before his mother died and that ultimately led to his departure.

Woah ! You've got a bit heavy there when we were simply comparing 2 players abilities.  That's something I didn't know but irespective of that . I still stand by my orginal point . The reason I believe he's over rated is that large fee he went to Blackburn for after a good season at Huddersfield and that fee automatically puts it in people's minds that " christ Rhodes went for £8 million he must be amazing ". I remember Lee Novak out shining him at Huddersfield. 

1 minute ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

He is striker you have to build a team around, that is why he did so well with Blackburn and Huddersfield. We won't do that with him if he came to Derby.

Not suggesting that we should buy him, that was someone else but to discredit Rhodes' qualities is not right

Archived