Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

muzzamurray

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

If we want a defensive midfielder, Roma are offering William Vainqueur around because they can't guarantee him a start. Good pedigree. In the current market the fee would be so much smaller than an average midfielder from the Championship!

http://www.soccerbox.com/blog/william-vainqueur-a-talented-as-roma-midfielder/

Sort of John eustace figure? Made his ligue 1 in 2006 according to that article so assume he's no youth. 

3 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Sort of John eustace figure? Made his ligue 1 in 2006 according to that article so assume he's no youth. 

Broke through young so he's only 27. Despite a career playing for very top clubs in France, Belgium, Russia and Italy he has an American missus so I presume he's English-speaking. He's the most Thorne-like player that came to mind given George is out for a while yet and it's his ability to link defence with attack that really makes us tick.

12 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Broke through young so he's only 27. Despite a career playing for very top clubs in France, Belgium, Russia and Italy he has an American missus so I presume he's English-speaking. He's the most Thorne-like player that came to mind given George is out for a while yet and it's his ability to link defence with attack that really makes us tick.

Worth a look then. 

Jay Rodriguez being offered out for loan by Southampton according to ssn. Worth a look perhaps if vydra wells etc come to naught. Was a good player before all the injuries. 

3 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Worth a look then. 

Jay Rodriguez being offered out for loan by Southampton according to ssn. Worth a look perhaps if vydra wells etc come to naught. Was a good player before all the injuries. 

JR is off to WBA I think. 

5 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

JR is off to WBA I think. 

Oh booo. 

They must have moved sharply. The loan possibility was only being touted earlier today as a consequence of Southampton breaking their transfer record bringing in another striker.

Ah well - if berahino is really off to Stoke then wba will certainly have a need. 

According to the Internet lots of clubs have been looking at Alfie Mawson (cb at Barnsley). Nixon says Wolves and Sunderland are interested at around 3m. If we are still in the market for a new cb this lad would be a good shout. He didn't put a foot wrong when we played them at Oakwell and even scored (although Carson should have probably done a bit better)

1 hour ago, Tomsmurph said:

I saw Jay Rodriguez was likely to go to West Brom on loan and I really thought we should've gone for him, hopefully not too late. Also thinking Danny Ings might be available on a loan? He's proven in the championship in a front two.

Not a chance on either of them. I think some fans will always be disappointed with the club if they believe we should be first in line for those types of players.

Don't believe this warrants its own thread - however.

http://allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=20221

Two Championship clubs have joined Arsenal, Tottenham Hotspur and Stoke City in the race for the signature of the highly-rated Blackpool winger Bright Osayi-Samuel,allnigeriasoccer.com can exclusively report. 

Derby County and Brighton & Hove Albion have registered their interest to acquire the teenager from The Tangerines but face a major stumbling block. 

Blackpool higher-ups have informed Osayi-Samuel that he is in the plans of manager Gary Bowyer this term and it is all but confirmed that he will remain at FY1 6JJ.

The Nigerian-born winger has been utilized in all the four matches contested by Blackpool in League Two so far this season. 

Osayi-Samuel has one year left on his contract at Bloomfield Road.

Archived