Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

muzzamurray

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, thekingofbuxton said:

According to the Internet lots of clubs have been looking at Alfie Mawson (cb at Barnsley). Nixon says Wolves and Sunderland are interested at around 3m. If we are still in the market for a new cb this lad would be a good shout. He didn't put a foot wrong when we played them at Oakwell and even scored (although Carson should have probably done a bit better)

On his way to Swansea for 5 million...

10 hours ago, thekingofbuxton said:

According to the Internet lots of clubs have been looking at Alfie Mawson (cb at Barnsley). Nixon says Wolves and Sunderland are interested at around 3m. If we are still in the market for a new cb this lad would be a good shout. He didn't put a foot wrong when we played them at Oakwell and even scored (although Carson should have probably done a bit better)

On his way to Swansea for 5 million...

We shouldn't stop looking for lower league gems in my opinion, 7 of the team that played so well at hull last season we're all clough bargain buys or kids brought through the ranks. Just because a player costs a lot of money doesn't especially mean they are better than lower league players who haven't been given a chance. 

16 minutes ago, hughesy 1984 said:

Yea clough is one but there's loads if we are willing to take a gamble, instead of waiting for 2 years and paying top dollar for the same player. 

Clough has championship experience, and he did very well. He was a real threat going forward whilst playing for a very poor bolton side.

43 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

I think he's still regularly getting games for Watford so doubt he'd be available unfortunately. Just checked and he's started both league games and their cup game this season.

Just signed another midfielder, Roberto Pereyra. And Jedinek started for Palace so who knows.

I don't understand people wanting wisdom back at Derby, unless be go 3 at the back. although he's good defensively he is incapable of going over the half way line and looks useless going forward. He's just  a short CB  imo and we obviously need an attacking full back, due to our lack of goals this season. 

2 hours ago, hughesy 1984 said:

wba have also stated they will accept in the region of £4m for Callum mcmanaman. I thought this looked cheap considering the prices going around this window 

I bet they would, brilliant money for someone who at best sits on a bench and maybe get his two mins a month on a pitch and has never actually produced anything worth seeing on a pitch and is only famous for a two footed stamp to cause serious injury - you may have noticed please not for me.

Archived