OUR NEXT MANAGER

plymouthram

Nigel Pearson doesn't like the media. Does anybody? Brian Clough loved and hated them in equal measure and had his fair share of controversial moments, didn't make him a poor manager. 

In my mind, Pearson does what is best for his team. If he thinks a player needs a boot up the arse in the form of telling the media he's had a poor game, or by giving the player an earful, that's what he'll do. What he won't do, is accept criticism of his playing staff from anybody except himself or his coaches. Given the fact that we seem to lose confidence easily, I suspect this is the best way to get a bit of fire in the players' bellies. An "us against the world" mentality.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

I seem to recall that even in the halcyon days of Schteeve, Leicester always seemed to tear us a new one.  If he can replicate that, then bring it on!

I think we can all remember that 4-1 in January '14. They battered us back into the real world. In fact they were head and shoulders above the rest of the league that year.

5 minutes ago, AutoWindscreens said:

I think we can all remember that 4-1 in January '14. They battered us back into the real world. In fact they were head and shoulders above the rest of the league that year.

They were superb, ruthless, and above all if you don't remember the game through Derby-tinted glasses, entertaining. 

It was hard not to be impressed, we didn't look as if we weren't trying, we were simply swept away. 

That should be the Derby way. Entertaining, ruthless, unplayable. 

1 minute ago, top 6 finish said:

Not only are people expecting NP,they are predicting his tactics,and virtually breaking open the champagne bottles. I am thinking lots of wristslashing next season. I think we have been here before.

I like this....is this wrist-slashing over wrist-slashing... that hasn't happened yet?. Close season is a long few months ain't it!!

3 minutes ago, top 6 finish said:

Not only are people expecting NP,they are predicting his tactics,and virtually breaking open the champagne bottles. I am thinking lots of wristslashing next season. I think we have been here before.

Scary ain't it?

1 minute ago, Howard Canitbé said:

They were superb, ruthless, and above all if you don't remember the game through Derby-tinted glasses, entertaining. 

It was hard not to be impressed, we didn't look as if we weren't trying, we were simply swept away. 

That should be the Derby way. Entertaining, ruthless, unplayable. 

And lots of pace in attacking positions.

Omens ,omens , omens ,,,call me mad but I can't help feeling the parallels , a certain controversial does really well at an East Midlands club ,gets sacked then proceeds to achieve far far more at a rival East Midlands club?.. 

Hart to hart moment , Mel passionate about owner ,, Pearson passionate manager and when they met it was moydor 

we have been saying they could never work together? Who's to say that I could nt be the opposite and they turn into a match made in heaven ,, both passionate as fick both strong willed single minded focused people ,, imagine they did get on the same page ? They and derby county WOULD be a force to be reckoned with,,,,, got to say I'm really really excited at the prospect of Pearson joining forces with Mel ,, as excited as the day Mel took over ,,,,,,,,,, the heavens are aligning people ,,,,,,please please please let it come to pass

Am I the only one whoes a bit "meh"

Pearson is alright but hardly either a)a cut above what might be expected or b) a guarantee of promotion - some seem to think he's some sort of superhuman for getting Leicester up after several years of trying.

Don't get me wrong he's not a bad choice and I'll support him but I'm hardly off to fap about it either. Plus, I just don't like the guy.

53 minutes ago, top 6 finish said:

And your choice as manager would be............?

3 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Pearson is alright but hardly either a)a cut above what might be expected or b) a guarantee of promotion - some seem to think he's some sort of superhuman for getting Leicester up after several years of trying.

Don't get me wrong he's not a bad choice and I'll support him but I'm hardly off to fap about it either. Plus, I just don't like the guy.

He may not the best manager in the business, but he's in the top one (of the potential candidates)

5 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Expectation is going to be through the roof now as well. Rowett would have been my first choice, but probably because I don't see promotion as the be all and end all.

2 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Best of a 'ok' bunch maybe more my thinking. Weirdly his star has risen over the last year whilst being out of work due to Leicester success having sacked him.

But he has experience at this level, can get a team promoted, has lots to prove, won't take any nonsense, has got a defenders background but can manage free-scoring teams too...if he occasionally gets irritated with annoying journalists/fans can't say I care that much... so well worth a punt I'd say.

5 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I'm kinda with you. Although, who'd of thought that Ranieri wouldve got the best out of Leicester so that they'd win the league by a clear 10 points?

none of us really know what's a good fit for club and manager. 

Might work, might not.

i think he's getting quite a lot of kudos for what his team, essentially went on to do without him.

We can only wait and see

11 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

So who would you want instead? Please don't say Wassall. Pearson is the best out of the realistic potential candidates available. I for one would be very glad if we got him.

Archived