OUR NEXT MANAGER

plymouthram

On 5/15/2016 at 03:36, Derbados7 said:

I think we might have an issue with regards to manager. I have a feeling that Mels idea was Wassall getting us to the play offs (which he has) then putting in a good couple of performances, and narrowly missing out on promotion or even going up. Then he would appoint Wassall after and nobody could really moan about it, he's done what has been asked really. But after yesterday's performance I think Mel knows that there could be a pretty bad reaction to Wassall being given the job long term, meaning that we're now quite late in going out and talking to other managers about the job and having them in place early on in the summer. 

I wouldn't be surprised if that was the plan, but at the same time, I have to believe that Sam Rush (who's been eerily silent recently, no?) would be working on a Plan B, which we now desperately need. 

I expect we'll have a new manager before the playoff final, unless we're miraculously in it. Then it'll be another week (and we'll have some better choices!)

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, Papahet said:

Amazed nobody is suggesting Chris Hughton if Brighton miss out.

Doing wonders at Brighton without breaking the bank. Has Improved players like Kayal and Stephens whom are now both now considered top midfielders in the division. Managed to convinced Wilson to join over several over clubs (ourselves included), spots a good player from overseas (Knockeart, Bong, Hemed..)

I think that most would be very happy if we appointed Hughton - I certainly would. I just can't see why he'd leave Brighton to come to us, or why Brighton might sack him.

3 hours ago, Wolfie said:

Absolutely, Definitely, Unequivocably, Positively NOT.

What exactly has he ever achieved which would make him right for us?.

If you're after someone just to bully and instill ice cold fear into the hearts of the players, I'll get Mrs Wolfie in.

Mrs.Top 6 isn't to be messed with.

34 minutes ago, top 6 finish said:

Oh no not another Burton reject,we've tried that before,I'm still shakin.

Is anyone that voluntarily chooses to leave a club a reject then? Cristiano Ronaldo, Manchester United reject?

2 hours ago, CumbrianRam said:

Would you say that Keane got the best out of his players when he was at Sunderland and Ipswich? I'm sure those players were frightened of him, but they still underperformed.

If Ince jnr gives him some gob... he can go and smash his door in, Ince junior can hide under the stairs and Ince Snr and Keane can go at it Brigitte Jones style in the street.. would be quite funny.

1451512571-bridget-jones-fight-scene.gif

Is it vaigly possible that Chris Huyton might now be tempted to change clubs,many people on here were talking that a "name" was in the pipeline but it wouldnt be confirmed till after the last game,well he has had is it 2/3 seasons with Brighton,maybe he will think now is time for a change.

19 minutes ago, Malagaram said:

Is it vaigly possible that Chris Huyton might now be tempted to change clubs,many people on here were talking that a "name" was in the pipeline but it wouldnt be confirmed till after the last game,well he has had is it 2/3 seasons with Brighton,maybe he will think now is time for a change.

This year has been his only full season at Brighton. He has a lot of things in place for them to be a PL side, they just need to slightly improve their team. It would probably require less work than he would have to do here because he wouldn't have to undo the expensive mistakes that have been made.

I rate him though and would be more than happy if he was our new Head Coach.

I suspect a lot of managers - who are tied to contracts ending  - this will be end of May...

I expect the club to move for an experienced manager shortly  - once tonight (and the inevitable happens) is over.

I hope we can learn and appoint and experienced guy - someone who can coach the players, have humility, respect a great club and play the right way.

12 hours ago, North_Stand_Ram said:

Decent amount of followers, don't know if he's reliable 

I'd rather put Paul Jewell back in charge.

Sherwood is a clueless media-made clown who can consider himself damn lucky to have managed 2 of the biggest clubs in English football. He should stick to media work where his brand of nonsensical, cliched enthusiasm might be more appreciated.

Archived