OUR NEXT MANAGER

plymouthram

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, Ahjames08 said:

Has to be Pearson, or bring back Clement......

With all due respect,  but in what world do you really think Clement could be considered as an option. Neither Mel or Clement would agree to this given what happened between them this season. :no:

6 minutes ago, Dcfc10 said:

Sorry wassell good result last nite but u f... the first leg up. Back to the u21s and get pearson in. the season as bin a shambles. Don't let last nites result fool anybody.

I'm scared it's gonna fool Mel...

As I keep saying, it all starts at the very top.

The first pre-requisite for our new manager is someone who will stuff our 'owner' back in his non-executive box and be seen by the players to be doing so.

If he has this strength and capability, he will also be able to deal with 'the something wrong in the dressing room' at which we can only guess.

But as Mel will not appoint such a person, we are in the classic Catch 22 situation.

As I keep saying, it all starts at the very top.

It won't be Pearson. Morris won't be able to resist interfering and Pearson wouldn't accept it. Mind you, neither would Bruce, O'Neil, Warburton, Redknapp, Moyes and even Rowett.

Thus leaving Flores, Monk, Rodgers, Wassall, Lambert, Ince, etc. None of which are good enough or strong enough for the Championship.

I wouldn't be so hung up on someone already being lined up either. Maybe Morris was simply willing to wait to see what is on offer come June. Especially how things are now with managers seemingly brought in to get to the next step before harshly being removed from their position.

Current odds on Skybet , looks like they think GR is way ahead of the pack.

DCFC Manager First League Game 2016/17 Season

Gary Rowett 6/5 Darren Wassall 11/4 Tim Sherwood 4/1 Mark Warburton 6/1

Brendan Rodgers 6/1 Steve Bruce 12/1 Harry Redknapp 14/1 Paul Lambert 16/1

Garry Monk 16/1 David Moyes 18/1 Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink 20/1 Nigel Pearson 20/1

Paul Ince 20/1 Quique Sanchez Flores 22/1 Igor Stimac 25/1 Steve McClaren 33/1

Glenn Hoddle 40/1 Sean Dyche 40/1 Gary Neville 40/1

Just now, Bwash_Ram said:

Current odds on Skybet , looks like they think GR is way ahead of the pack.

Manager First League Game 2016/17 Season

Gary Rowett 6/5 Darren Wassall 11/4 Tim Sherwood 4/1 Mark Warburton 6/1

Brendan Rodgers 6/1 Steve Bruce 12/1 Harry Redknapp 14/1 Paul Lambert 16/1

Garry Monk 16/1 David Moyes 18/1 Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink 20/1 Nigel Pearson 20/1

Paul Ince 20/1 Quique Sanchez Flores 22/1 Igor Stimac 25/1 Steve McClaren 33/1

Glenn Hoddle 40/1 Sean Dyche 40/1 Gary Neville 40/1

Rowett's actually dropping. He was 1/1 for a month or so.

25 minutes ago, RichardsonRam88 said:

I would love to see Brendan Rodgers. Think he would really take us to the next level. If Rafa is thinking about staying at Newcastle, then why not have a big name here. Tim Sherwood would be shocking IMO

Not a chance Rodgers could take us to the next level. He convinced himself he was the next Bill Shankly, so if he came to Derby he'd probably adopt a green jumper.

One good season at Liverpool carried by the current best player in the world.

He's not all that.

Just now, Super Johnny Russell said:

Not a chance Rodgers could take us to the next level. He convinced himself he was the next Bill Shankly, so if he came to Derby he'd probably adopt a green jumper.

One good season at Liverpool carried by the current best player in the world.

He's not all that.

Saved Watford from relegation; had a poor 6 months at Reading; got Swansea promoted in his first season there, finished 11th in their first season in the prem; finished 7th in his first season at Liverpool, then 2nd (with Suarez, as you've mentioned) scoring 101 goals, then 6th and sacked.

I'd say he's done more than have one good season. Plus we're not Liverpool.

Archived