OUR NEXT MANAGER

plymouthram

Well Brendan Rodgers is off to Celtic so that is him gone, Tim sherwood would just be another yes man under Morris and would also be a continuation of Morris making decisions based on friendships.

Sherwood is clearly close with Redknapp, so it would be no shock.

Tim Sherwood was supposedly spotted with the Derby players at Cheltenham races whenever that was held.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't be surprised if it's Sherwood. On paper he fits the bill. He tried to bring through youth and if I recall attempted attacking football. Villa stayed up last season and got to the Cup Final. I think he's a prat and egotist and we would be renamed "Tim Sherwood's Derby County" in the media. But as an appointment it could go either way. And if appointed we have to support him.

I would like O'Neill, but I don't think he plays Mel's "Derby way". And is he going to be bothered with day-to-day club management? That said, it's claimed he's not really a training ground manager. He may come with Wassall as his assistant? As it certainly wouldn't be Roy Keane or John Robertson.

Season has officially ended for us and as far as I'm concerned we need to know who will be in charge as soon as possible, whether that be Wassall or anyone else, so we can look ahead to next season. 

I have a feeling Wassall will be given the job and, honestly, I'd be a bit underwhelmed with that, however I'd still support Wassall and, more importantly, the team.

If it was going to be Pearson, then with him not tied to any club he would have been appointed straight away. So I'm writing him out of the equation. With Mel stating that Darren had the job until the end of the season suggests to me that the person he as possibly lined up for the job is currently employed. So it would have to be someone who had some unfinished work to do with their current team. So that could be Warburton (still with a cup final), O'neil (euro,s with Ireland) or even the long shot Chris Coleman. My money is still on Mark Warburton, when is the Scottish cup final?

6 hours ago, plymouthram said:

If it was going to be Pearson, then with him not tied to any club he would have been appointed straight away. So I'm writing him out of the equation. With Mel stating that Darren had the job until the end of the season suggests to me that the person he as possibly lined up for the job is currently employed. So it would have to be someone who had some unfinished work to do with their current team. So that could be Warburton (still with a cup final), O'neil (euro,s with Ireland) or even the long shot Chris Coleman. My money is still on Mark Warburton, when is the Scottish cup final?

These are the things we don't know. He might still be paid and there could be clause in contract that he can't start before season has ended.

Not that I'd want him, but contract situations can be far more complicated than it seems.

Let's give Wassall the job.....that way we won't have to wait until May to be disappointed, we can write the season off before we start

We've tried the family club legend and failed.

We've tried the former England manager and failed.

We've tried the rookie, future of the game continental head coach and failed.

We've tried the seasoned club man who knows all the players and failed.

Why don't we just not have a manager next season and see how we get on?

4 minutes ago, Ahjames08 said:

Has to be Pearson, or bring back Clement he has learnt a lesson and is well connected. 

Sherwood not a bad choice, Moyes would get us up as Martinez will try and play too much football. 

That is up there with your comments on Saturday's match chat :unsure:

13 minutes ago, Ahjames08 said:

Has to be Pearson, or bring back Clement he has learnt a lesson and is well connected. 

Sherwood not a bad choice, Moyes would get us up as Martinez will try and play too much football. 

Jesus wept 

My choices would be:

1. Warburton the perfect fit but i don't think he would make the move now he has got rangers up.

2. Pearson he did it with Leicester and his foundation set them up for the title this season. 

3. Garry monk did well with Swansea in the prem got some good players in and was harshly fired. 

4. Stimac another slightly inexperienced manager with a poor managerial record and let's face it legends are not always a great choice as managers (see exhibit A down the road) 

5. Martinez is a last resort really hasn't done enough where he has been probably wouldn't fancy dropping a division

6. Wildcard* di matteo the guy has won a champions league title and his schalke team want that bad very unlikely though. 

Sherwood, mclaren, clement should not be considered.

Thoughts? 

1 minute ago, kingsy1884 said:

My choices would be:

1. Warburton the perfect fit but i don't think he would make the move now he has got rangers up.

2. Pearson he did it with Leicester and his foundation set them up for the title this season. 

3. Garry monk did well with Swansea in the prem got some good players in and was harshly fired. 

4. Stimac another slightly inexperienced manager with a poor managerial record and let's face it legends are not always a great choice as managers. 

5. Martinez is a last resort really hasn't done enough where he has been probably wouldn't fancy dropping a division

6. Wildcard* di matteo the guy has won a champions league title and his schalke team want that bad very unlikely though. 

Sherwood, mclaren, clement should not be considered.

Thoughts? 

(1) Warburton left Brentford because he didn't want to be their "Head Coach" he wanted to be their "Manager" so would he come here under them conditions?.

(2) Peasrson could definitely do a job for us.

(3) Doesn't excite me.

(4) No, agree with your reasoning.

(5) No ta.

(6) Unlikely.

I agree with you on your last point.

Archived