Derby County v Sheffield Wednesday

eddie

2 hours ago, Rampant said:

If you watch it back it's a bad tackle by Bryson and coupled with a similar one in the second half it was fortunate that the ref only gave a free kick at the time and not a yellow. Watching on tv though it looked like a good challenge at first tbf.

I was at the game, and unfortunately I don't (yet) have the power to rewind time.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PistoldPete2
4 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Don't think so ... seem to remember him winning a header from a long ball as well.

He did touch it at least twice. 

25 minutes ago, Anon said:

How he managed to book 5 Derby players in a very good tempered game is beyond me. I could tell we were in for a bad day when he could barely wait to get his cards out of his pocket to book Hughes after our first meaningful challenge of the game when he'd already let two Wednesday players off with cautions for worse. He is complete and utter Berkshire hunt.

well Martins was for deliberately having a nasty niggle at the CH after he'd passed the ball.

Bryson for going through a player from behind

Butterfield late tackle from behind

Keogh for chopping a man down who was almost away on goal

I disagreed with the Hughes one.

12 minutes ago, mozza said:

Hammerite in saying that was Bent's only touch in the match ?

no. Won a header through his moving rather than being a static wardrobe.

also in position to head in Russell's cross until martin flicked it to Blackmann

Got home, couple of hours till we went out for tea - thought, i'll have another beer and watch the match back.

Err - did you record the match? - Err- I think so, err, no I didn't. meant too......

FFS.

4 hours ago, Beagle said:

From a fellow referee's point of view his positioning was pretty much spot on from the way you are taught to do it.The penalty I only saw from the North Stand so as yet cannot comment apart from I quickly glanced at the linesman who gave a slight shake off the head.

The game ewas a typical championship game but challenges in the championship that are allowed are frowned on in the Prem see how many lower teams fans moan about Prem refs in the cup games and so forth.

I felt some of his decisions were  a little strange but you only get one view unlike on tv it was probadl not his best game but I have seen far worse.

Blimey Beagle you must be one hell of a ref - you're sitting in the North stand and you see the lino give a slight shake of the head when he was down near the South Stand.  Well done fella.

For what it's worth I thought that Mason lost control of the match and the players in the second half, never mind missing the penalty.  Nothing to do with the challenges and the fact it was the championship but everything to do with the way he managed the game.  Once he started dishing out yellows having previously let bad tackles go he couldn't stop himself.  No way was that a 9 card game, Premiership or Championship

17 minutes ago, davenportram said:

well Martins was for deliberately having a nasty niggle at the CH after he'd passed the ball.

Bryson for going through a player from behind

Butterfield late tackle from behind

Keogh for chopping a man down who was almost away on goal

I disagreed with the Hughes one.

I didn't think the ref was great, but agree he had little choice with the bookings. I don't think he had any choice on the Hughes one either, it was a rugby tackle, cynical but neccessary to stop a dangerous situation. He did let Mcgeady off with one before that though.

Nice to hear @Beagle on here..... Can see what you mean exactly.... How and where refs stand being one myself for a decade. 

Referees make mistakes..... So do players and managers. Just an easy cop out to blame a referee for a teams or managers failings.... TV is to blame for a lot if this with leading questions. Also some of the media are quite happy to question a referees integrity too which I dislike the most

53 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Nice to hear @Beagle on here..... Can see what you mean exactly.... How and where refs stand being one myself for a decade. 

Referees make mistakes..... So do players and managers. Just an easy cop out to blame a referee for a teams or managers failings.... TV is to blame for a lot if this with leading questions. Also some of the media are quite happy to question a referees integrity too which I dislike the most

Never question their integrity I say. Focus entirely on their parentage.

1 hour ago, mozza said:

Hammerite in saying that was Bent's only touch in the match ?

Hammerite always produces a good finish.Rest of the time it is like watching paint dry.

Sheffield Wednesday Fans are brilliant at supporting their team. Well done

All of the Derby bookings were justified. Forestieri was the only unlucky one.

In a game dominated by the defences a few got frustrated.

I'm just glad Derby meant it enough today. The selections and substitutions demonstrated that the aim is to keep the momentum and I applaud that.

My biggest concern is that I have a family party on 14th May!

Overall,I think a pretty good performance from the Rams, a point against a ready and good Wednesday team is a fine takeaway and our unbeaten run continues which will continue to build our confidence heading into the playoffs.

Nice goal by Bent,and I thought Russell was awesome today.Not too good from Martin,but he will do better next time I am sure.Olsson played well I thought also.

Hughes makes it look so easy, what a player.

Ref was not to darn good today for sure.

Very important to maintain momentum and confidence heading into the playoffs and I think that was achieved today.

On to Brighton.

COYR.

7 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

All of the Derby bookings were justified. Forestieri was the only unlucky one.

In a game dominated by the defences a few got frustrated.

I'm just glad Derby meant it enough today. The selections and substitutions demonstrated that the aim is to keep the momentum and I applaud that.

My biggest concern is that I have a family party on 14th May!

foresteiri got booked for diving, maybe he didn't in that instance but his arms and legs were flailing about all match. Cheating git.

It's not always that I think the ref is wrong with decisions, it's the inconsistency in those decisions that get the blood boiling. When a ref wafts cards about that much he's usually inconsistent because he can't punish every single mistimed tackle, just some of them, and that creates tension. Mason was poor because he was inconsistent and didn't get into the championship way of playing. I can't believe anyone would defend his performance in that game. 

Archived