Derby County v Sheffield Wednesday

eddie

40 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Rasiak, Idiakez and Smith were free. I'd say they were all better signings, considering the impact they had and where we were when they came in. We were absolutely broke back then.

Obviously all opinions and that. Russell was superb against Sheff Wed, but he has been abysmal in other games this season and there is no getting away from the fact he lacks a football brain.

Bryson (29), Russell (26) and Martin (27). If they're going to make it to the PL, they really ought to now.

don't make people hit you over the head with the Leicester squad list.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Srg said:

Ages... Being a premier league player...

Most of Leicester's first-team have been playing top-flight football for a while. The only exceptions are Morgan, Schmeichel, King and Vardy from memory.

Fuchs, Okazaki and Inler weren't Premier League players before this season, but they played at the top level elsewhere.

Players like Mahrez, Drinkwater, Schlupp, Amartey, Kante, Drinkwater and Gray are all younger than Bryson, Russell and Martin. My point was, our three aren't exactly young anymore, so if they're going to become top-flight players, they may need to get a move on.

12 hours ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Cue @eddie butchering you for being a half fan.:D

I reserve my ire for those who live locally, can afford to go but choose not to because they don't think that we are good enough. There were a few popped up expressing those sentiments fairly recently, and it was brought to a head after a number of lacklustre results especially away from home.

4 hours ago, Kernow said:

Eddie probably had a crate of Belgian beer delivered and waiting for him after the Sheff Wed game. I expect the thread will be up once he has awoken from his alcohol induced coma!

Working on it at the moment. I should have it ready in a few hours (dead shepherd pie will take precedent at 8:30 pm though).

1 hour ago, eddie said:

I reserve my ire for those who live locally, can afford to go but choose not to because they don't think that we are good enough. There were a few popped up expressing those sentiments fairly recently, and it was brought to a head after a number of lacklustre results especially away from home.

Fair enough, I consider them fair weather fans - a lot of them seemed to arrive at the time of the 2013-14 run (although I'm not saying that all of those who arrived at the time are like that, @Chris Mills I would never say anything to hurt you:p). For the record, this is my 10th year as a season ticket holder, my first season ticket was the Billy Davies promotion season. Please don't blow me out of the water and say this is your 1000th season.;)

57 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Fair enough, I consider them fair weather fans - a lot of them seemed to arrive at the time of the 2013-14 run (although I'm not saying that all of those who arrived at the time are like that, @Chris Mills I would never say anything to hurt you:p). For the record, this is my 10th year as a season ticket holder, my first season ticket was the Billy Davies promotion season. Please don't blow me out of the water and say this is your 1000th season.;)

My first season ticket was 1966 (kids corner) - £2. That's 5 weeks paper round.

I haven't had one every year - I didn't go when the Amigos were at the club and when I got close to the England team I concentrated on bowling to the exclusion of everything else (also, the Memsahib, No 1 son and my daughter all bowled at a representative level).

2 hours ago, eddie said:

Working on it at the moment. I should have it ready in a few hours (dead shepherd pie will take precedent at 8:30 pm though).

Edit:

Something's come up. It'll have to wait until tomorrow.

14 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Most of Leicester's first-team have been playing top-flight football for a while. The only exceptions are Morgan, Schmeichel, King and Vardy from memory.

Fuchs, Okazaki and Inler weren't Premier League players before this season, but they played at the top level elsewhere.

Players like Mahrez, Drinkwater, Schlupp, Amartey, Kante, Drinkwater and Gray are all younger than Bryson, Russell and Martin. My point was, our three aren't exactly young anymore, so if they're going to become top-flight players, they may need to get a move on.

26 and 27 isn't young? :blink: They are about half way through their career and entering their prime.

1 hour ago, rynny said:

26 and 27 isn't young? :blink: They are about half way through their career and entering their prime.

Bryson's 29, but yeah Russell and Martin are young enough. 

Drinkwater is 26.

Also Mahrez needs to be added to the list of players who didn't play any top flight football until Leicester got promoted.

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

Bryson's 29, but yeah Russell and Martin are young enough. 

Drinkwater is 26.

Also Mahrez needs to be added to the list of players who didn't play any top flight football until Leicester got promoted.

Yeah I was on about Russell and Martin. To say they are getting on is just, pfft. How old was Vardy when he first played a premier league game??

Just now, rynny said:

Yeah I was on about Russell and Martin. To say they are getting on is just, pfft. How old was Vardy when he first played a premier league game??

27 about to turn 28 or 28. 

22 hours ago, eddie said:

My first season ticket was 1966 (kids corner) - £2. That's 5 weeks paper round.

I haven't had one every year - I didn't go when the Amigos were at the club and when I got close to the England team I concentrated on bowling to the exclusion of everything else (also, the Memsahib, No 1 son and my daughter all bowled at a representative level).

Maybe if you'd spent some time in nets working on the batting, you might have made it?

Anyway get the BHA thread up, speed seperates the great thread starters from the good ones!

Hull winning 2 - 0 against Brentford

If they beat Bolton (away) on saturday which they most likely will, they will be out of our reach for getting 4th place. So it is almost certainly Hull City at home then away in the Play Offs, barring a Goal Difference and no further points disaster up against Sheff Wed. Be warned, Hull are in it to win it. COYR

5 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Hull winning 2 - 0 against Brentford

If they beat Bolton (away) on saturday which they most likely will, they will be out of our reach for getting 4th place. So it is almost certainly Hull City at home then away in the Play Offs, barring a Goal Difference and no further points disaster up against Sheff Wed. Be warned, Hull are in it to win it. COYR

Thanks for the warning. Eyes and ears peeled from now on. Be ever vigilant.

Archived