Derby County v Sheffield Wednesday

eddie

Thorne is missing through illness.

Did anyone go to Bristol City on Tuesday? I said to a mate "is George Thorne limping?" He said he was probably just shattered because he was everywhere tonight.

I do hope his "illness" isn't a long one. That's the last thing we need.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, nottingram said:

Great to see Will starting but a bit odd that Hanson hasn't been brought in for the holding role. None of them three today are really what we need there.

Hughes will play the holding role, and will be fantastic in it.

5 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Thorne is missing through illness.

Did anyone go to Bristol City on Tuesday? I said to a mate "is George Thorne limping?" He said he was probably just shattered because he was everywhere tonight.

I do hope his "illness" isn't a long one. That's the last thing we need.

The only thing I noticed was him taking a drink at literally every opportunity. Not particularly unusual but just noticeable 

Not sure about balance with this team going to be interesting 

A very good morning to you all, looks like it's time again for my bi-annual visit to dcfc fans. Unfortunately our recent disappointing form means we're very unlikely to overtake you any more, but I'm rather enjoying this whole idea of looking like we might actually get back to the premier league some time this century. Relieved to get Carlos locked up to a contract extension, he's got us playing some brilliant stuff. Our track  record's been pretty rubbish against you lot of late but I reckon this could be pretty exciting, two very dynamic midfields going up against each other. Quite pleased you're missing Bradley Johnson, he bossed it at Hillsborough. Hoping either Hooper wakes up and starts scoring  goals again or Forestieri rescues us again for at least a point. 

Anyway, may the best team win and good luck for the rest of the season (though I may have to review that statement if we meet in the play offs ;))

13 minutes ago, nottingram said:

I worry slightly about his instinct to get forward, I know he's played there before but imo it's harsh on Hanson for him to miss out.

Not really harsh on Hanson, Highes is the best player at the club, Butterfield has arguably been our most consistent midfielder and Bryson brings that energy everyone loves. Unfortunately for Hanson the midfield position he wants to play is where we have all lot of very good options. 

I thought we were miles the better side, created the better chances and played really well. Just took something special for them to get a goal.

We should have buried some of them chances we had martin missed one blackman dithering. 

I also thought the Ref was a bit of a joke three penalty calls one of which was a stone wall pen all turned down. If hughes challenge early on was a yellow then about 4-5 of their players should have also had bookings for similar or worse offences. 

Still think deadly darren has a part to play always likely to knick one. Blackman desperately needs a goal or something 

1 minute ago, G-Ram said:

I thought we were miles the better side, created the better chances and played really well. Just took something special for them to get a goal.

We should have buried some of them chances we had martin missed one blackman dithering. 

I also thought the Ref was a bit of a joke three penalty calls one of which was a stone wall pen all turned down. If hughes challenge early on was a yellow then about 4-5 of their players should have also had bookings for similar or worse offences. 

Still think deadly darren has a part to play always likely to knick one. Blackman desperately needs a goal or something 

Agree with this. Had enough clear cut chances to score 4 or 5. Nothing to fear with Wednesday, we would beat them 7 or 8 times out of 10 if we played how we did. Quite happy with today.

It also means we're almost certainly 5th at worst. Can see us getting at least 1 point from the final two games which would be enough to keep us above Weds if they win their last two.

Good enjoyable game and go's to show how tough the play offs will be this season.  Credit to Sheffield Wed they came and had a real go.

Positives: good to see bent get a goal and hughes manage 75 mins. Real character shown after going behind.

Negatives: we need to convert our chancesI.e bryson Martin n blackman.

Blackman is awful. 

Hanson was dire too misplaced pass after pass. 

On to Brighton and another stern test.

Archived