Derby County v Sheffield Wednesday

eddie

Excellent game to watch. We have a proper football team. Glad that it was not the Play Offs as we may have fallen at the first hurdle! Sheffield Wednesday are a dark horse that could beat anyone over the two legs of a semi. Take your chances and win the tie. The Rams will have to play at their very best and take their chances to get promoted.

Tight at the top. Brighton will want to beat us by three goals to get a GD advantage over Boro in case they draw against Boro. If Brighton win both games, they are promoted. It is the same for Boro and Burnley.

I am somewhat inclined to play a weakened team against Brighton if 5th place is safe after the Sheff Wed v Cardiff game. If that game is a draw or if cardiff win then we will be 5th at least. Hull will have played two more times by the time that we play Brighton, so if we can no longer get 4th then there is no point in risking players against Brighton in a vital game for them. My money is on Burnley and Brighton to go up automatically, leaving us with Boro and Hull to beat.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

God help us if we end up with him or Moss in the playoffs, and if we should get to the final and one of those pair are given the gig we can expect carnage as both will be looking to make it about themselves. 

We played well, should have scored 2 or 3 more and we should have had at least 1 penalty if not 2. with Thorne back in for the playoffs and Hughes getting more game time we're looking good and have a chance. 

32 minutes ago, North_Stand_Ram said:

Brilliantly entertaining game. Ref a joke. 

Butterfield had a shocker, what's up with him recently? 

Craig Bryson must have had a false beard on then, because I thought that Butterfield was ok.

25 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Enjoyed the game today, I thought we looked dangerous and should have won the game overall, really good to see Bent score as he may prove vital. If we do make it to the money league what will we think about the refs as mr Mason had the respect of no one and I suspect no one watching that game had any idea which decision was about to be given at any point.

The one that got me was when the oaf intercepted a Sheffield Wednesday clearance, Bryson won the resultant 50:50 cleanly and he then invented an infringement to save his own incompetent embarrassment.

Enjoyed the game and enjoyed the atmosphere..... Apart from Man Yoo..... Wendies fans do know how to make a racket..... It was great from both sets to be honest and perfectly complimented a good easy on the eye match. It lulled once or twice the play did, but I thought it was game very easy on the eye.

A 100% Will Hughes would be amazing in the play offs..... He's not far off now. 

Think if Thorne was in today we would have won that game no question.

Hard to pick MOM but I think Olsson today shades it. 

Martin will have better days I'm sure..... Ince as well.

Russell came alive 2nd half

Enjoyed it..... Owls over the blunts anyday fan wise.

1 hour ago, 1of4 said:

The ref did nothing for my blood pressure, if he`s  the standard of prem refs we will get next year if we win the play offs we won`t finish a game with a full side.

Nothing wrong with Martin`s performance today. Why does he need to lose two stone?

Martin was poor today. Why does he need to lose two stones? Well let me see. Could it be that he is too thin? No that can't be it. Perhaps he looks overweight? Ah that's it. See. It's not too difficult to work out 

Just curious what the Sky commentary thought about the refereeing decisions today? 

I was confused at times what he'd actually given as he wasn't clear, not to mention a good few times I didn't understand why he'd blown his whistle. 

I was quite relaxed about this game before hand, prepared to accept the result whatever but the Ref made me desperate for us to win because he clearly didn't want us to 

4 minutes ago, Strange yearnings said:

Martin was poor today. Why does he need to lose two stones? Well let me see. Could it be that he is too thin? No that can't be it. Perhaps he looks overweight? Ah that's it. See. It's not too difficult to work out 

So when he was phenomenal agaisnt Hull and very good against Bolton he was 2 stone lighter was he? Has he balloned in two weeks? Don't think so.  Or could it be that he had a bad(ish) game because he was well marked and not given much service? He's always been big, he's always gone down easily. Really don't understand why some weeks that is OK and we love him and some weeks its an excuse to criticise.

I thought Martin did well apart from leaving his shooting boots at home. Some nice touches, and kept the ball well under pressure. 

Thought everyone played well to be honest but Russell was fantastic. 

Watching the game back, I really can't see how the ref hasn't given a penalty for that tackle on Christie, he gets to the ball first and were in for a goal scoring opportunity, defender gets nowhere near the ball and takes him out. Shocking refereeing all day!

1 hour ago, eddie said:

The one that got me was when the oaf intercepted a Sheffield Wednesday clearance, Bryson won the resultant 50:50 cleanly and he then invented an infringement to save his own incompetent embarrassment.

If you watch it back it's a bad tackle by Bryson and coupled with a similar one in the second half it was fortunate that the ref only gave a free kick at the time and not a yellow. Watching on tv though it looked like a good challenge at first tbf.

I thought it was a good game, Wednesday are no mugs, still thought we did enough to win on chances created. Not sure what Blackman was doing, if he passed to Bent the game would have been ours . A lot of. Standouts today, Russell, Olson ( who just grows), Bryson actually they all played well as did Wednesday but we would have won with the chances we had. The playoffs will be very interesting, difficult to call

coyr 

1 hour ago, YouRams said:

Watching the game back, I really can't see how the ref hasn't given a penalty for that tackle on Christie, he gets to the ball first and were in for a goal scoring opportunity, defender gets nowhere near the ball and takes him out. Shocking refereeing all day!

How he managed to book 5 Derby players in a very good tempered game is beyond me. I could tell we were in for a bad day when he could barely wait to get his cards out of his pocket to book Hughes after our first meaningful challenge of the game when he'd already let two Wednesday players off with cautions for worse. He is complete and utter Berkshire hunt.

Archived