Well Done Darren

Eley1508

4 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Never silence me through bad or good..... And will be first and happy to admit I'm wrong.... 

You're not really a poster who has appeared on my radar as being overly negative.

There is no right or wrong, everyone has their own opinion on Wassall and, let's be honest, it's probably still first impressions because 10 games is not a long time to change someone's mind.

I just can't understand how some posters cannot wait to air their negative views but disappear when anything positive happens, just seems like they revel in us doing badly or want Wassall to fail to prove themselves right.

All I ever want is to watch us play well and hopefully suceed, if that we do achieve that and it makes some of my opinions look stupid I would still be over the moon!

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

19 pts from the last 10 games and 13 from the last 6. These rank us 4th behind the current top 3 sides in the form tables and I'm expecting that's where we'll end up in the table that matters. When Clement was sacked it could have gone either way and if Clement had been able to play Bryson things may indeed have been different, but it does feel as if something's beginning to click.

We are where we are despite hardly playing well all season. Many of us have thought the solution was obvious, and Wassall appears only to have done the obvious that everyone (including Mel) wanted, but at least he's done it. And he should have credit for that. If I were Mel, at this stage I'd leave what happens at the end of the season to the end of the season.

But well done, Darren Wassall, indeed. I hope he gets us playing well consistently and gets us up. And after the abuse he received early on (which was understandable) I'm glad he's proved strong enough to keep his head ablve the water and start to swim.

39 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

Credit where its due the last three games have been excellent

we've been perfoming better, im again optimistic about our chances of promotion so well done. Its a change from the doom & gloom and the mental substitutions and team selections. We look a lot more threatening 

64 shots in 3 games.

12 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

You're not really a poster who has appeared on my radar as being overly negative.

There is no right or wrong, everyone has their own opinion on Wassall and, let's be honest, it's probably still first impressions because 10 games is not a long time to change someone's mind.

I just can't understand how some posters cannot wait to air their negative views but disappear when anything positive happens, just seems like they revel in us doing badly or want Wassall to fail to prove themselves right.

All I ever want is to watch us play well and hopefully suceed, if that we do achieve that and it makes some of my opinions look stupid I would still be over the moon!

I'm more critical of Mel if anyone.... 

I do agree with you though, people tend to shout from rooftops when proved right, but quite happily crawl under a shell when proved wrong.

Im totally opposite to that.... Sometimes humility is the best way.

He's done ok on the whole to be fair, the 2 home games gave us a breathing space and the win today gives him a pretty good record so far. the fact we're playing a faster style of football is a breath of fresh air, 20+ shots a game again which would have been a no chance during the first half of the season. 

I still think we're better off going for a manager though, and I still think Pearson is the man for us, but seems highly unlikely Mel will go for someone like him.

Of all the games DW has been in charge, we've only really played decently in the last three. Two of those against sides that are fighting relegation (one of which looked like they had completely given up), and the other one against a team that is bang out of form and arguably unsettled by their manager potentially leaving.

Fair enough, we have improved over the last three games, but I still don't think he's the man to take this club forward. To stabilise us, sure, but if he gets given the job full time I'll be hugely disappointed.

*puts hard-hat on*

I couldn't give a flying fug how he comes across in interviews, his fashion sense or whether or not he fist pumps to the crowd after every win. What I do care about are the results and the way the team play the game and not necessarily in that order. DW has shown that he can get the players to perform and has completely changed the way they approach the game and the style of football they play and we finally look like a team that want to entertain and win and it looks like the desire and the enjoyment is back. Keep that going until the season finishes and he is more than welcome to take the job on full time for me.

We looked as side ways and negative under Wassall up until Hull as we did under Clement and probably more unsettled at the back. Harry comes in full time after the international break and we look a completely different team, forward thinking and full of confidence. Whether that's Harry improving Wassall or him directly improving the players only the people behind the scenes know. But for me most of the credit lies with Harry! 

We have produced a mini miracle, turning out some Maclarenesque performances and weathering defensive storms. The team wants to win and is getting better. Redknapp looks a masterstroke at some level. I was against taking on Wassall. Now I just hope that we get promotion and we can look at the Managerial situation then. In any case, keep Harry at the Club.

1 hour ago, DCFCArmy said:

He's done ok on the whole to be fair, the 2 home games gave us a breathing space and the win today gives him a pretty good record so far. the fact we're playing a faster style of football is a breath of fresh air, 20+ shots a game again which would have been a no chance during the first half of the season. 

I still think we're better off going for a manager though, and I still think Pearson is the man for us, but seems highly unlikely Mel will go for someone like him.

We achieved that last time we played Charlton at home. 

22 minutes ago, YouRams said:

We looked as side ways and negative under Wassall up until Hull as we did under Clement and probably more unsettled at the back. Harry comes in full time after the international break and we look a completely different team, forward thinking and full of confidence. Whether that's Harry improving Wassall or him directly improving the players only the people behind the scenes know. But for me most of the credit lies with Harry! 

And would you have handed the blame to Harry if we had lost those games or would it have been Wassalls fault?

Archived