Well Done Darren

Eley1508

21 hours ago, Rampage said:

Let's get promotion with Wassall and Harry. Then give Wassall a monster pay rise and Head of Academy job.Make up a reason to keep Harry at the Club and get a top class manager like Brendon Rogers on mega money.

Sounds like a plan. What could possibly go wrong?

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, bigbadbob said:

Sounds like a plan. What could possibly go wrong?

In a world where most things have already gone wrong at some point, something new could go wrong example - We get promoted this season when we were not supposed to do so. :ermm:

I've got to go back to the substitution criticism being unfounded. Those who think he was wrong to only make 1 sub name two more that could have made a positive impact to the game in terms of improving our defensive capabilities or attacking wise, by that I mean there inclusion wouldn't have unsettled a back four under pressure or would have provided a calming influence or improved ball retention further up the field?

Love wassalls obvious passion for the club , at the minute it feels like we are all in this together , a manager who is learning the job quickly , harry on hand for advice , a good team spirit and fans who yet again were simply immense, its looking good , could it be this year ? keep up the good work  COYR

I wouldn't say Clement was soulless, what about his little hop skip and jump down the touchline at Stadium:MK?

At the time i was annoyed we'd sacked him, i'd bought into the 'our Ferguson' 'here for a long time' and to last only 30 games a few points off top knocked the stuffing out of me.

Maybe that, plus performances and results is why I'm only just warming to Wassall...but as a silent reader I've found the stick he's received as very unfair at times... yes he's made mistakes but to get hammered when we lose, yet receive little to no praise when we win is frankly laughable.

You cant ever imagine Derby fans wanting Derby to lose games...but it certainly feels like that at the minute because the 'experts' need themselves proving right. 

Wassall and the team are improving, some backing and praise wouldnt go amiss!

the timing of the Forest game was perfect. During that game, the fans were against Forest, and not against their own players, that has created more of a feelgood factor in the iPro than the rest of the season. Something had to give.

On 17/04/2016 at 20:15, davenportram said:

I've got to go back to the substitution criticism being unfounded. Those who think he was wrong to only make 1 sub name two more that could have made a positive impact to the game in terms of improving our defensive capabilities or attacking wise, by that I mean there inclusion wouldn't have unsettled a back four under pressure or would have provided a calming influence or improved ball retention further up the field?

Just seen this and went back to look at who was available. You have to say that's a crazy-looking bench:

Buxton Bent Hughes Camara Blackman Weimann Mitchell

GK, one defender, one midfelder on the early path back from long-term injury who'd already played 90 minutes during the week, and FOUR strikers.

You're right that in those circumstances we cannot bring extra midfield legs on because the coach somehow forgot to put any on the team coach. It's a bench that smacks of "players above formations", keeping senior pros happy at the expense of team balance. I think it's irresponsible that, if one of the midfielders got injured at the start of the game, Hughes would have had to play another full 90 or we change formation to what hasn't worked in the past.

As Olsson couldn't play I'd have recalled Warnock (with Hanson on the bench), but not doing that I'd have had either Guy or Koblenz on the bench to better cover all our positions. Koblenz might get the nod as he's proven himself many times over in both midfield and defence for the U21s, so could have covered either area. In the first game this season we lost two midfielders in the first half. What if that had happened here? Bryson's not been back long and we don't want him to have to play through an injury because we have no options. (Only!) Having three extra strikers away from home is enough.

It's great we've won three in a row, but if 11 players are playing 95 minutes every game then we risk injury and fatigue and we want neither to strike when we're into the playoffs.

But, as this is a "Well done Darren" threasd, I'll end by saying well done Darren for all his good work at the Academy that has seen us go up as Champions. That's got a nice ring to it. I hope he brings the same result to the first team and at the match I'll support him to the hilt, but away from it I want to point out where he can improve (eg substitutions and defensive setup at corners).

19 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

But, as this is a "Well done Darren" thread, I'll end by saying well done Darren for all his good work at the Academy that has seen us go up as Champions. That's got a nice ring to it. I hope he brings the same result to the first team and at the match I'll support him to the hilt,

Yes, well done Darren, with a bit of help from Rory, in getting the U21s into Division 1. Some nice fixtures coming up. :thumbsup:

21 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Yes, well done Darren, with a bit of help from Rory, in getting the U21s into Division 1. Some nice fixtures coming up. :thumbsup:

I remember seeing people asking if Darren has actually done all that much for our youth?, 7 years and he's blooded one of the best academies in England, top flight u21s with most of them being developed by Darren in those seven years, and he's done such a good job that we've got several u18 players playing regularly for our title winning u21s! Let alone Hughes, Hanson and Hendrick being developed into first team regulars

mel Morris overview of the 'Derby way' is attractive football, which we've started to play and a commitment to youth, which Darren has shown he's bloody good at that part.

whith a bit of an experienced helping hand (like redknapp) to help guide him to start off with he may have a chance to do well at Derby. If not, he's certainly left us with one hell of a development squad

2 hours ago, Lord_Ram said:

I remember seeing people asking if Darren has actually done all that much for our youth?, 7 years and he's blooded one of the best academies in England, top flight u21s with most of them being developed by Darren in those seven years, and he's done such a good job that we've got several u18 players playing regularly for our title winning u21s! Let alone Hughes, Hanson and Hendrick being developed into first team regulars

mel Morris overview of the 'Derby way' is attractive football, which we've started to play and a commitment to youth, which Darren has shown he's bloody good at that part.

whith a bit of an experienced helping hand (like redknapp) to help guide him to start off with he may have a chance to do well at Derby. If not, he's certainly left us with one hell of a development squad

I'd give this several 'likes' if I could. Have a 'like' and a smiley face instead :) 

4 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Just seen this and went back to look at who was available. You have to say that's a crazy-looking bench:

Buxton Bent Hughes Camara Blackman Weimann Mitchell

GK, one defender, one midfelder on the early path back from long-term injury who'd already played 90 minutes during the week, and FOUR strikers.

You're right that in those circumstances we cannot bring extra midfield legs on because the coach somehow forgot to put any on the team coach. It's a bench that smacks of "players above formations", keeping senior pros happy at the expense of team balance. I think it's irresponsible that, if one of the midfielders got injured at the start of the game, Hughes would have had to play another full 90 or we change formation to what hasn't worked in the past.

As Olsson couldn't play I'd have recalled Warnock (with Hanson on the bench), but not doing that I'd have had either Guy or Koblenz on the bench to better cover all our positions. Koblenz might get the nod as he's proven himself many times over in both midfield and defence for the U21s, so could have covered either area. In the first game this season we lost two midfielders in the first half. What if that had happened here? Bryson's not been back long and we don't want him to have to play through an injury because we have no options. (Only!) Having three extra strikers away from home is enough.

It's great we've won three in a row, but if 11 players are playing 95 minutes every game then we risk injury and fatigue and we want neither to strike when we're into the playoffs.

But, as this is a "Well done Darren" threasd, I'll end by saying well done Darren for all his good work at the Academy that has seen us go up as Champions. That's got a nice ring to it. I hope he brings the same result to the first team and at the match I'll support him to the hilt, but away from it I want to point out where he can improve (eg substitutions and defensive setup at corners).

forgot to put any midfielders on the coach? Johnson and hendrick injured.

and would any of the U21 players you mention be suitable subs against a team fighting relegation and putting us under pressure on the final stages of the match?

15 minutes ago, davenportram said:

forgot to put any midfielders on the coach? Johnson and hendrick injured.

and would any of the U21 players you mention be suitable subs against a team fighting relegation and putting us under pressure on the final stages of the match?

I got the impression that @Carl Sagan 's praise was of the "through gritted teeth" category too.

With two experienced first team midfielders unavailable I think he chose to stick with other experienced players, knowing that Martin and/or Ince can both drop much deeper if needed. 

However, I would agree that if our defensive midfielder was injured we would have been in big trouble. Nothing much changed there over two seasons then!

Archived