Well Done Darren

Eley1508

1 hour ago, Nuwtfly said:

Of all the games DW has been in charge, we've only really played decently in the last three. Two of those against sides that are fighting relegation (one of which looked like they had completely given up), and the other one against a team that is bang out of form and arguably unsettled by their manager potentially leaving.

Fair enough, we have improved over the last three games, but I still don't think he's the man to take this club forward. To stabilise us, sure, but if he gets given the job full time I'll be hugely disappointed.

*puts hard-hat on*

Of the 30 league games DW wasn't in charge this season, we played well twice (Wolves at home, Hull away).

Therefore, if playing well in a game is the measure of success, the ratio of CS:WS (Clement Success:Wassall Success) is

2/30 : 3/12

In other words, Wassall is approximately 3.75 times more successful than Clement.

What more do you want?

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, YouRams said:

That's putting an unfair twist on things, the performances speak for themselves.

No it isn't. Your previous post relied heavily on supposition and evidence that was circumstantial at best, because you have given credit solely to Redknapp without having any idea just how much he - and for that matter Wassall - has contributed to them.

All you did was look at something within the structure of the club which had changed, and attributed the upturn in both performances and results to Redknapp.

What happeded at Cardiff? Perhaps Harry's influence doesn't extend to other countries?

13 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

Klopp fist-pumps par excellence and everybody loves him.

Wassell fist-pumps and he's branded a w****r. Make your minds up.

Depends how open his fist is at the time, silly.

I'm not one to hide , truly believe wass is totally the wrong choice at this time to take us where we want to be and keep us there ,,, much is being made of how we are playing a totally different way to Clements time as if wass has built a side to do this when in fact that side has been put together long ago and spent the best part of two seasons playing the brand of football being credited to wass ,,, Derby at this point are showing signs of playing something like they did for two seasons before clement came and smothered the flair out of us ,,, whilst that is great for Derby it is a long long long way from showing that wass has what it takes to be manager ,, sorry that's my view 

12 minutes ago, eddie said:

Of the 30 league games DW wasn't in charge this season, we played well twice (Wolves at home, Hull away).

Therefore, if playing well in a game is the measure of success, the ratio of CS:WS (Clement Success:Wassall Success) is

2/30 : 3/12

In other words, Wassall is approximately 3.75 times more successful than Clement.

What more do you want?

What more do I want?

hmm...a decent manager, a couple new players and Forest to get relegated should just about do it.  

21 minutes ago, YouRams said:

That's putting an unfair twist on things, the performances speak for themselves.

And who's to say that Wassall hasn't realised that he made mistakes and changed things around and that the improvement isn't down to him? You can't lay the blame at one mans door and then leave him out of it when praise is due.

2 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

What more do I want?

hmm...a decent manager, a couple new players and Forest to get relegated should just about do it.  

I think that you just might have a decent manager (or at least a decent managerial/coaching partnership), and the recovery of both Bryson and Hughes in time for the playoffs is just like having a couple of new players, so as Meat Loaf said, two out of three ain't bad.

4 minutes ago, eddie said:

No it isn't. Your previous post relied heavily on supposition and evidence that was circumstantial at best, because you have given credit solely to Redknapp without having any idea just how much he - and for that matter Wassall - has contributed to them.

All you did was look at something within the structure of the club which had changed, and attributed the upturn in both performances and results to Redknapp.

What happeded at Cardiff? Perhaps Harry's influence doesn't extend to other countries?

Well as you've decided to pick the bits you want to hear from my comment and are clearly a Wassall fanboy there's not much point me trying to make you think any differently. As for the sarcastic comment he was in Australia with Jordan 29th March we lost to Cardiff 2nd April so yeah he'd of done well to make a difference overseas that week of training.

Just now, eddie said:

I think that you just might have a decent manager (or at least a decent managerial/coaching partnership), and the recovery of both Bryson and Hughes in time for the playoffs is just like having a couple of new players, so as Meat Loaf said, two out of three ain't bad.

I'm yet to be convinced Eddie. If we smash Brighton, Sheff Weds and Ipswich over the next few weeks then I'll come back on here and let you know if I've changed my mind, but beating Hull, Bolton and Charlton, under current circumstances, isn't evidence that DW is a decent manager. Not for me anyway. 

4 minutes ago, ossieram said:

And who's to say that Wassall hasn't realised that he made mistakes and changed things around and that the improvement isn't down to him? You can't lay the blame at one mans door and then leave him out of it when praise is due.

If you read my comment back I said Harry could of improved Wassall or the players directly only people behind the scenes know. All opinions but mine is the past three games we've been better than any previous games under Wassall, and this time period is when Harry has been around full time. So to give all the credit to Wassall is also unfair do you not think?

2 minutes ago, YouRams said:

Well as you've decided to pick the bits you want to hear from my comment and are clearly a Wassall fanboy there's not much point me trying to make you think any differently. As for the sarcastic comment he was in Australia with Jordan 29th March we lost to Cardiff 2nd April so yeah he'd of done well to make a difference overseas that week of training.

I don't know if you are aware, but I can't actually hear the comments you post, even if you do actually mouth the words as you type them. Messageboards don't work that way.

7 minutes ago, eddie said:

I don't know if you are aware, but I can't actually hear the comments you post, even if you do actually mouth the words as you type them. Messageboards don't work that way.

Your that really annoying grammar police friend everyone has aren't you :lol:

6 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

I'm yet to be convinced Eddie. If we smash Brighton, Sheff Weds and Ipswich over the next few weeks then I'll come back on here and let you know if I've changed my mind, but beating Hull, Bolton and Charlton, under current circumstances, isn't evidence that DW is a decent manager. Not for me anyway. 

I'm not trying to convince you one way or another - all I'm suggesting is that Darren Wassall has turned performances and results around and lifted the players from the depths of despair to a level where they actually look to be enjoying their job again. I'm not actually advocating that he is given the head coach role permanently - just that Mel Morris, in removing Paul Clement and giving Wassall the job until the end of the season, hasn't exactly been premature in his actions despite what people were saying two months ago.

As you say, good performances in the last 3 games is not evidence that Wassall is a decent manager - conversely, winning 7 out of his first 12 in charge isn't evidence that he isn't.

5 minutes ago, eddie said:

I'm not trying to convince you one way or another - all I'm suggesting is that Darren Wassall has turned performances and results around and lifted the players from the depths of despair to a level where they actually look to be enjoying their job again. I'm not actually advocating that he is given the head coach role permanently - just that Mel Morris, in removing Paul Clement and giving Wassall the job until the end of the season, hasn't exactly been premature in his actions despite what people were saying two months ago.

As you say, good performances in the last 3 games is not evidence that Wassall is a decent manager - conversely, winning 7 out of his first 12 in charge isn't evidence that he isn't.

Can't argue with any of that. 

I thought MM was right to remove PC, for what it's worth. But I can't help but wonder where we might be in the league now, had we brought in a permanent manager 12 games ago. 

I noted a couple of small things today that I took as signs that DW is learning fast and becoming an effective manager.

1. Timing of substitutes exemplary. Removing Butterfield just after he's been booked for a full blooded challenge and looked to be tiring. 

2. He swapped Ince and Russell at half time and I think that was to give Hanson more cover down the left against a tricky pacey winger.

3. Making sure that the senior pros gave extra encouragement to Jamie Hanson. In the first half he made a successful challenge to stop his winger and both keogh and Thorne applauded him. Now whilst this may have been circumstances I think it likely that wassall had a word with the senior pros to make sure that they looked after Jamie. 

4. Not sitting back and playing passively from the start expecting the press. Instead getting going early to try and make things happen. 

Credit for all of those. Worth pointing out that Charlton have had a decent run of results and our away form has not been great so today was a decent win.

Well done Darren. 

2 minutes ago, YouRams said:

Your that really annoying grammar police friend everyone has aren't you :lol:

Yep. However, you are not the first person who has called me a 'fanboy' in the last few weeks (unless you called it me twice) just for taking a contrary position. It's a bit of a silly epithet, like 'wristslasher' or 'happy clapper'. I just don't like labels, that's all.

Except 'half-fan', but only because I came up with that one.

;)

3 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

I noted a couple of small things today that I took as signs that DW is learning fast and becoming an effective manager.

1. Timing of substitutes exemplary. Removing Butterfield just after he's been booked for a full blooded challenge and looked to be tiring. 

2. He swapped Ince and Russell at half time and I think that was to give Hanson more cover down the left against a tricky pacey winger.

3. Making sure that the senior pros gave extra encouragement to Jamie Hanson. In the first half he made a successful challenge to stop his winger and both keogh and Thorne applauded him. Now whilst this may have been circumstances I think it likely that wassall had a word with the senior pros to make sure that they looked after Jamie. 

4. Not sitting back and playing passively from the start expecting the press. Instead getting going early to try and make things happen. 

Credit for all of those. Worth pointing out that Charlton have had a decent run of results and our away form has not been great so today was a decent win.

Well done Darren. 

Very good post, HantsRam.

Archived