Well Done Darren

Eley1508

I'll absolutely give him credit for the recent run as we have played well, as I've aired my views when I think he's made naive errors. 

The team yesterday were hungry and pressed in packs which is down to DW/HR motivating them, it was great to see.

I still do not have any confidence in his permanent appointment, particularly across the whole of a season.  The end of game 'rallying' he does really grates on me too, totally contrived.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

My recollection was that Sam Rush stated that it was Wassalls idea to get a mentor in but Wassall didn't know anything about it so that was still a very ambiguous area

Sam rush said on RD that after meeting with DW it was decided to get someone in because DW had asked for some help.

maybe DW didn't know anything about HR spcefically, but had asked for help.

no grey area really. (by the way I've not read a quote from DW, or heard DW say in an interview that he had no idea about it .)

41 minutes ago, robglosta said:

I'll absolutely give him credit for the recent run as we have played well, as I've aired my views when I think he's made naive errors. 

The team yesterday were hungry and pressed in packs which is down to DW/HR motivating them, it was great to see.

I still do not have any confidence in his permanent appointment, particularly across the whole of a season.  The end of game 'rallying' he does really grates on me too, totally contrived.

not aimed solely at you, but I don't get the lack of confidence in him long term. He's had a quarter of a season so far, at the pressurised end of the season arresting a dip in results to keep us in the play off chase. If he handles this pressure, and keeps us in the play offs he will have earned some confidence from me.

42 minutes ago, robglosta said:

M8 it's down to Bryson being 100% fit and his attitude and effort has had rubbed off on the rest of his team mates 

1 minute ago, valleyram said:

M8 it's down to Bryson being 100% fit and his attitude and effort has had rubbed off on the rest of his team mates 

purely down to Bryson and noone else? So what about those games he played that didn't go well? Is the bad results down to others and good results down to Bryson?

1 hour ago, HantsRam said:

Why can't "the Derby wsy" encapsulate a management academy idea to ensure continuity - in similar mould to having a playing style that's adopted down the teams?

Bloody hell I am still struggling to work out what the Derby Way is, and we are already apparently up to the Derby Wsy. Fair play to Wass as Macca would never even identified a Derby Wby.  I think you have got a bit ahead of yourself though Hants. Mel is waiting for Hodgson to entertain, but ultimately let us down, come season end. He's a natural next appointment and fit. It's the Derby Woy.

1 hour ago, Harrowram said:

If Wassall thought it necessary to appoint an experienced individual to the coaching staff why not just find an experienced manager such as Pearson?

Because the last manager that was bought in wanted to do it his way rather than the "Derby way" and Pearson has no guarantee that he's a) going to be a success, b) he's got a track record of being a bit mad - ostriches and attacking Hull players spring to mind as reasons why he could be a disaster just as much as a success.

I'm not 100% convinced with Wassall just yet, but the signs of attacking play with a high pressing game are positive for me.  If that is what Wassall is aiming for and can maintain it, I'm all for it.

He's been doing better as of late.

I was right royally pissed off after the Cardiff game but credit where its due hes done better lately and the defence is looking strong.

Needs to get over his fear of substitutes though. One sub yesterday, no good for players fitness both in the team and on the bench.

1 hour ago, robglosta said:

You wouldn't want Klopp here then?

If you like the bloke fans love the celebrations, dislike him and it's cringey. 

Almost put my foot through the TV watching Savage act the clown with his scarf, others labelled him a legend. He was a something end but no way a legend. Ding a ling a ling.

1 hour ago, robglosta said:

I'm not sure that it's contrived.

When Wassall came in to chat to us at the Breakfast Club, he was enthusiastic to the point of being manic - in the same way he was ultra-enthusiastic about the Academy when the upgrade plans were announced.

It seems to be his way - heart on his sleeve, so to speak.

14 minutes ago, eddie said:

When Wassall came in to chat to us at the Breakfast Club, he was enthusiastic to the point of being manic - in the same way he was ultra-enthusiastic about the Academy when the upgrade plans were announced.

It's all contrived. He is usually very dour and downbeat, that's why the academy setup is so useless. He used to post on here under the name of notts_ram. However, meeting you Eddie sent him temporarily manic.

For me, the Rotherham debacle was up with some of the worst incidents in the 65+ years I have been watching the Rams.

To have come back from such a devastating result with 4 wins in the following 5 games is no mean achievement, be it down to DW, HR, the players or indeed the supporters.

I still remain to be convinced about DW - that Rotherham game raised too many questions for me - but we are certainly getting back to the football we like to see. New incoming managers often say judge me after 12 games, and on that basis for a "rookie " manager he ain't doing too bad.

He's a lot better than Clement. 

I genuinely think he, and 'Arry, have put some life into our season again! 

I'm excited for the play-offs, because we have the potential to win them. Like we did when we made them two years ago. Last season, we'd have effectively been a walkover for the other team had Reading not put us out of our misery! 

42 minutes ago, Shuff264 said:

He's been doing better as of late.

I was right royally pissed off after the Cardiff game but credit where its due hes done better lately and the defence is looking strong.

Needs to get over his fear of substitutes though. One sub yesterday, no good for players fitness both in the team and on the bench.

why is he being criticised about making only 1 sub? The team was playing well. Under pressure but coping. Why unsettle the unit by bringing someone else on? Was there a midfielder or attacker on the bench that would have changed the match? Is ten minutes extra enough to effect fitness of players long term

49 minutes ago, eddie said:

Fair point, I just think it looks a bit uncontrolled to do it all the time. Yesterday was a useful win, but it wasn't the sort of victory that you need to run over to the fans like a lunatic for - a simple applause would have sufficed. 

28 minutes ago, davenportram said:

why is he being criticised about making only 1 sub? The team was playing well. Under pressure but coping. Why unsettle the unit by bringing someone else on? Was there a midfielder or attacker on the bench that would have changed the match? Is ten minutes extra enough to effect fitness of players long term

Well 10 minutes is better than nothing?

What good is a player going to do when you need him to come on and make a difference when he hasnt played a minute of football in the past two months?

Maybe its an over-critique for the Charlton game because it was tight, but the Bolton game wasnt and he waited until 87 minutes for a sub. Great for Hughes who needed to be eased back in, but giving Weimann two minutes? Spent more time getting his kit on than playing.

12 minutes ago, robglosta said:

Fair point, I just think it looks a bit uncontrolled to do it all the time. Yesterday was a useful win, but it wasn't the sort of victory that you need to run over to the fans like a lunatic for - a simple applause would have sufficed. 

Sublime to the ridiculous how we look at things on here.....

Weve had threads about Ince and others for not celebrating enough, we now get fans criticising Wassall for over celebrating....

Words fail me.... Is there some standard procedure as to how one celebrates? 

Why can't we just enjoy a winning run that's virtually sealed the play offs, instead of dissecting every minute detail of who did what and why and when?

Ive been a critic of Wassall.... But not of the way he likes to celebrate. Really think it's just another stick to batter him with. See said exchange I had in Twitter yesterday with someone who hardly sees a positive in anything. Pretty quiet after second tweet I sent which pointed out the contradiction in the first one.

image.png

image.png

I find it incredibly odd that you can dislike someone that you've never spoken to, based on a handful of interviews. It just shows that some people's assumptions won't ever go away and Wassall is always going to be a hate figure in some people's eyes. 

Fortunately, for Wassall, it's realistically only Mel who he has to impress to get the job on a full time basis.

Results and performances appear to be going in the right direction,irrespective of my opinion of Wassal becoming the next manager or not ,he is an integral part of the present set up and deserves credit. How much influence Rednapp has had i am unsure however his presence at the club in what ever capacity presumably has played a part,be that with the players or Darren.

The play offs now look a formality,and we are starting to look at our best all season.Every chance ,certainly as good as any of pinching Promotion through the play offs.

Lets just get behind the entire club 100% for the remaining games irrespective of who is doing what and see what happens.

Archived