Well Done Darren

Eley1508

Perilously close to becoming manager of the month; what a disaster that would be for those who wrote him off early. 

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PistoldPete2
5 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Perilously close to becoming manager of the month; what a disaster that would be for those who wrote him off early. 

Well i was pretty convinced he was clueless. No disaster if he turns out not to be is it?

Now isn't the time to blast people for not getting behind Wassall, or to lick yourself clean for backing him from the start, Internet points mean FA.

No, now is the time to get fully behind him, put preconceptions behind you and roar on the Rams to promotion!

13 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

When we consider whether "Wassall" knows how to pick a decent subs bench or use effective tactics at corners can I just say that our first team coaching set up consists of Wassall, Lyons, Short, Phillips, Zuberbuhler & Redknapp. Are they all getting it wrong?

Clearly not "zubi".

He always gets his man on the bench ☺

Ps on DW. 

He's just achieved 4 in a row.

In the last 2 away games we have put in a huge number of attempts on goal 36 or something close. 

And prior to that we had 8 goals in 2 games at home.

Those are seriously impressive stats in my opinion.

I cannot fathom why we were so poor previously. But to a large extent that's irrelevant to the here and now. Applause and respect have been earned and Casa Hants is very appreciative. 

Congratulations to Darren Wassall and the team in qualifying for the playoffs. Not so long ago, it looked desperately unlikely.

And, while I am no fan of Wassall for the permanent role, it has to be said he stepped into another's role with a disjointed and dispirited team and a season which could easily (and very nearly did) go into free fall.

We all owe Darren Wassall a debt of gratitude right now, regardless of what happens from now. As they say, where there's life....

33 minutes ago, valleyram said:

He's just let the good players play , ain't a hard job if u do that 

You're right that to let good players play does not sound intuitively difficult 

However to find the right mix of good players to let play well takes some skill.

And to coach good players to know when to play their natural game well and when to contribute something that may not be their natural game but is for the greater good takes more skill.

Or perhaps empathy, awareness and knowledge of what you're dealing with. 

Nothing is difficult if you know everything. Do you? 

Didn't even make the play-offs last season, this season we've confirmed them with 3 games to spare. I know Wassall isn't entirely responsible given that Clement was in charge until February(?), but credit where it's due. Got us over the line when many thought he might not. 

We'd better not get to Wembley mind, it's right in the middle of my third year exams!

1 hour ago, Howard Canitbé said:

Didn't even make the play-offs last season, this season we've confirmed them with 3 games to spare. I know Wassall isn't entirely responsible given that Clement was in charge until February(?), but credit where it's due. Got us over the line when many thought he might not. 

We'd better not get to Wembley mind, it's right in the middle of my third year exams!

To be fair this season 73 will be the very most a team needs to guarantee play-offs. Last season 78 got us 8th place.

Oh and my final third year exam is 24th May... 4 days before the play-off final :D

On 19/04/2016 at 06:09, davenportram said:

forgot to put any midfielders on the coach? Johnson and hendrick injured.

and would any of the U21 players you mention be suitable subs against a team fighting relegation and putting us under pressure on the final stages of the match?

As I've said elsewhere, the initial prognosis (may have changed) from within the club was that both Hendrick and Johnson were out for the season. It's a terrible prospect, but imagine we're approaching the playoff final and Bryson and Hughes both have some sort of relapse. Do you want to bring on an U21 player who's never been involved with the squad because you were worried about the pressure of an earlier game?

If we don't have any other fit midfield options then it's plain bonkers not to put an U21 midfielder on the bench. Everybody's got to learn sometime. Hanson learnt away at Ipswich last year, and (kind of) scored the winner. At least Wassall seems to have come round to my way of thinking and had Elsnick on the bench last night.

1 hour ago, Carl Sagan said:

As I've said elsewhere, the initial prognosis (may have changed) from within the club was that both Hendrick and Johnson were out for the season. It's a terrible prospect, but imagine we're approaching the playoff final and Bryson and Hughes both have some sort of relapse. Do you want to bring on an U21 player who's never been involved with the squad because you were worried about the pressure of an earlier game?

If we don't have any other fit midfield options then it's plain bonkers not to put an U21 midfielder on the bench. Everybody's got to learn sometime. Hanson learnt away at Ipswich last year, and (kind of) scored the winner. At least Wassall seems to have come round to my way of thinking and had Elsnick on the bench last night.

The U21s were probably still in celebration mode, give them a break.

Hang about..... YOUR way of thinking?

@David, can you run an IP Address check? I reckon @Bris Vegas is using @Carl Sagan's logon details.

20 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

If we don't have any other fit midfield options then it's plain bonkers not to put an U21 midfielder on the bench. Everybody's got to learn sometime. Hanson learnt away at Norwich last year, and (kind of) scored the equaliser. At least Wassall seems to have come round to my way of thinking and had Elsnick on the bench last night.

FTFY, didn't want an army of 6 finger'd/toe'd* angry farmers mob after you

*allegedly

Archived