Well Done Darren

Eley1508

He's taken a lot of flack for a team which was low on confidence, struggling to perform and struggling to score, when he joined. He's now steadied the ship and got us playing some good football. It was always going to take time for him to implement his style and I think although we cannot get ahead of ourselves whilst we slate him when we are doing poorly we should congratulate him when playing well.. Massive 3 points today and good turnout as well. COYR

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Saul Pimpson said:

Derby County manager win percentages (all-time, min 10 games)

1. Ted Magner 81.82%
2. DARREN WASSALL 58.33%
3. Steve McClaren 54.26
---
4. Brian Clough 46.71%
9. Paul Clement 42.42% (same squad, for comparison)

Not really the same squad tho, I'm sure Clement would've loved a fully fit Bryson throughout his tenure.

12 minutes ago, Saul Pimpson said:

1. Ted Magner 81.82%
2. DARREN WASSALL 58.33%
3. Steve McClaren 54.26
---
4. Brian Clough 46.71%

7 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Not really the same squad tho, I'm sure Clement would've loved a fully fit Bryson throughout his tenure.

These have inspired me to add some features to the survey stats that I produce. You will have to wait for the next set of reults to see what they are.

Wassall may not have excited me when appointed nor would he be my preferred choice in the summer.

But well done Darren, barring a disaster on securing us a play off spot. 

Football is teamwork, not just on the pitch but off it. If Redknapp joining the coaching team has helped, great. Does not mean Daz Waz should be excluded from any praise, he's still part of the coaching team.

Credit where its due the last three games have been excellent

we've been perfoming better, im again optimistic about our chances of promotion so well done. Its a change from the doom & gloom and the mental substitutions and team selections. We look a lot more threatening 

2 pages on this thread, the corresponding one after the Rotherham/Cardiff games was probably up to 20 pages by now...speaks volumes. 

We are far from being perfect but we have shown signs of improvement which is what I believe DW brought in to do.

It's a shame that people who love to be so vocal during the bad times are completely silent now things are looking up.

4 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

2 pages on this thread, the corresponding one after the Rotherham/Cardiff games was probably up to 20 pages by now...speaks volumes. 

We are far from being perfect but we have shown signs of improvement which is what I believe DW brought in to do.

It's a shame that people who love to be so vocal during the bad times are completely silent now things are looking up.

Never silence me through bad or good..... And will be first and happy to admit I'm wrong.... 

6 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

We only post when we're losing, post when we're looooosing, we only post when we're loooooooooosing

Even if he doesn't get it full time (which imo he shouldn't) he's done an awful lot right while he's been here.

Reinvigorated Martin and Ince and to a certain extent Russell, given Hanson a foot in the door for next season, made us a lot better going forwards and not too much to the detriment of the defence.

Deserves a lot of credit but I doubt he'll get any.

4 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Think I'd compare this to Rotherham, without being clinical the performance was more solid. They threatened about 3 times whereas we could have been home more comfortable. Substitutions were well timed, Butterfield had not long been booked and Hughes posed another threat level.

So we are definitely steadily improving at the right time.

1 hour ago, Saul Pimpson said:

1. Ted Magner 81.82%
2. DARREN WASSALL 58.33%
3. Steve McClaren 54.26
---
4. Brian Clough 46.71%

Even during the war years it was fashionable to have a coach who's worked on the continent.

Archived