Well Done Darren

Eley1508

1 hour ago, davenportram said:

why is he being criticised about making only 1 sub? The team was playing well. Under pressure but coping. Why unsettle the unit by bringing someone else on? Was there a midfielder or attacker on the bench that would have changed the match? Is ten minutes extra enough to effect fitness of players long term

Because winning positions should be an opportunity for him to improve players fitness and confidence. Apart from the time he had actually tried to do that against Rotherham which of course was the wrong decision again.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Mafiabob said:

Sublime to the ridiculous how we look at things on here.....

Weve had threads about Ince and others for not celebrating enough, we now get fans criticising Wassall for over celebrating....

Words fail me.... Is there some standard procedure as to how one celebrates? 

Why can't we just enjoy a winning run that's virtually sealed the play offs, instead of dissecting every minute detail of who did what and why and when?

Ive been a critic of Wassall.... But not of the way he likes to celebrate. Really think it's just another stick to batter him with. See said exchange I had in Twitter yesterday with someone who hardly sees a positive in anything. Pretty quiet after second tweet I sent which pointed out the contradiction in the first one.

image.png

image.png

That was more an aside to a point which I made anout the team looking hungry and putting on a solid performance full of togetherness. 

I don't want to see him celebrate like that after every game, it appears idiotic, but that's just my opinion. In comparison, Clement's fist pumps with the crowd after the Ipswich game were quite fitting in a game which was so intense and crucial to the season as that stage.  If he had of been doing it all the time I would think the same as I do about Wassall. 

14 hours ago, archied said:

I'm not one to hide , truly believe wass is totally the wrong choice at this time to take us where we want to be and keep us there ,,, much is being made of how we are playing a totally different way to Clements time as if wass has built a side to do this when in fact that side has been put together long ago and spent the best part of two seasons playing the brand of football being credited to wass ,,, Derby at this point are showing signs of playing something like they did for two seasons before clement came and smothered the flair out of us ,,, whilst that is great for Derby it is a long long long way from showing that wass has what it takes to be manager ,, sorry that's my view 

I believe Mel threw his toy's out the pram and actually gave up on promotion this season, so Wassall was drafted in to get rid of the "troublemakers" so to speak, it seems we had a few as well which is why they've been kicked out on loan, since then we've slowly started to find some form and the team spirit as returned. making the playoffs should have been a bare minimum after the money we spent and fair play to DW he's got us there after all the troubles, I don't think he's the right man long term but he deserves some applause for taking over an unhappy squad and getting them playing again. 

5 minutes ago, toddy said:

Credit where credit is due, well done Wassall 4 out of 5 is good going, now have to do it again at Bristol.

COYR

Bristol are a strange team and capable of getting a result against most teams in the league. Beat Sheff Wed 4-1 but lost 4-0 to Hull and managed to put 6 past Bolton. 

52 minutes ago, ossieram said:

Bristol are a strange team and capable of getting a result against most teams in the league. Beat Sheff Wed 4-1 but lost 4-0 to Hull and managed to put 6 past Bolton. 

If we want win the play offs then we will have to play away in the semi to a team far superior team than Bristol City-

A win surely?

Yes Bristol City are a strange side, their manager has said their probably safe , so lets hope their players are starting to think of their summer hols , COYR . On the topic of City , a fit Odemwingie might be a good signing for us , whichever league we are in

I really don't know how anyone can dislike a manager for being full of passion and enthusiasm for his team.........personally I found Clements dour attitude depressing as did the team,clearly.

Perhaps some people on would be better off watching communist funeral processions on a loop just get that added misery in their day as doing well under wassell just doesn't seem to be doing the trick

There are people who continually give the impression that they've made their minds up and nothing that happens in the future will change those opinions.

I'm reminded very much of the pub landlord who when asked if they sold Trappist beer, replied "If I've told one person today, I've told a hundred - there's no call for it around here".

6 hours ago, Shuff264 said:

He's been doing better as of late.

I was right royally pissed off after the Cardiff game but credit where its due hes done better lately and the defence is looking strong.

Needs to get over his fear of substitutes though. One sub yesterday, no good for players fitness both in the team and on the bench.

5 hours ago, davenportram said:

why is he being criticised about making only 1 sub? The team was playing well. Under pressure but coping. Why unsettle the unit by bringing someone else on? Was there a midfielder or attacker on the bench that would have changed the match? Is ten minutes extra enough to effect fitness of players long term

5 hours ago, Shuff264 said:

Well 10 minutes is better than nothing?

What good is a player going to do when you need him to come on and make a difference when he hasnt played a minute of football in the past two months?

Maybe its an over-critique for the Charlton game because it was tight, but the Bolton game wasnt and he waited until 87 minutes for a sub. Great for Hughes who needed to be eased back in, but giving Weimann two minutes? Spent more time getting his kit on than playing.

Shuf is right over this. I think because he got it so wrong against Rotherham, Wass is scared of making substitutions. These modern players are athletes of the highest order and if you don't treat it as a 14-a-side game, you end up playing 11 vs 14. In my mind the Derby Way involves a high-pressing, high-intensity game and that's not going to work as well as it should if some of your players are having to do that for 90 minutes while their opponents do it for 65/70.

We hope we're going to make it to Wembley this year and we all know that's a pitch and occasion that saps the strength of players. If we get to the playoff final it has to be 14-a-side and Wassall needs to get used to doing that now.

I agreed with sacking Clement, I just wasn't sure Wassall was the right appintment and I'm still not sure. Sure, we've played well against Bolton, Hull and Brentford. But then again we've been absolutely rubbish against Cardiff, Wolves and QPR.

Tellingly the upturn in performances has come with bringing in 'Arry and even then, how much of that was just down to the oopposition being just wrose than we are. If 'Arry was going to stick around behind the scenes next season, guiding Wassall (but not in charge of the money) then I'd have more faith, but he isn't, he's going to slink back off to Sandbanks.

I've not seen much to suggest that Wassall would make a good manager for us in the long term. But he's brought Bryson back into the team and played Ince on the left where he's good I hear you say - yeah, well anyone of us could have done that and I'm willing to bet none of us would make good managers.

17 hours ago, HantsRam said:

1. Timing of substitutes exemplary. Removing Butterfield just after he's been booked for a full blooded challenge and looked to be tiring. 

3. Making sure that the senior pros gave extra encouragement to Jamie Hanson. In the first half he made a successful challenge to stop his winger and both keogh and Thorne applauded him. Now whilst this may have been circumstances I think it likely that wassall had a word with the senior pros to make sure that they looked after Jamie. 

1. Butterfield is always the one to make way, no difference yesterday. Only change was that he'd been booked when he neever normally gets bookd.

3. Thorne and Keogh do it to everyone and have been doing it since they arrived at the club. Coincidence.

3 hours ago, toddy said:

If we want win the play offs then we will have to play away in the semi to a team far superior team than Bristol City-

A win surely?

They are decent team though. They just arent consistant enough, Thats the only reason they are down the bottom end of the table. They do tend to be easy picking when they travel but at home Bristol City are as good as anyone in the league.

I can see them turning is over, and i dont see tuesday as being an easier game than the semi final away leg by any stretch.

27 minutes ago, jagerbob said:

They are decent team though. They just arent consistant enough, Thats the only reason they are down the bottom end of the table. They do tend to be easy picking when they travel but at home Bristol City are as good as anyone in the league.

I can see them turning is over, and i dont see tuesday as being an easier game than the semi final away leg by any stretch.

What a silly statement.

10 hours ago, davenportram said:

purely down to Bryson and noone else? So what about those games he played that didn't go well? Is the bad results down to others and good results down to Bryson?

Not at all dr but it's a big reason our form has improved in my opinion 

Archived