Richard Keogh - always got a mistake in him

mumblemumble

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At one point second half he broke forward and was almost dictating play like a playmaker ? When we need it he drags the team up the field, he gets the tempo going.

Defensively he's been pretty amazing so far this season. He looks far more comfortable with Wisdom next to him, he trusts him to do his job. I did notice he was having to cover for Davies quite a bit Tuesday night, early days yet but Davies looking a bit shaky for me.

What gets me the most is that people have it in their heads so much now that they dispise him they won't even give credit when it's due, it's just pure discontent for him.

Before the game Tuesday night I was saying in the pub that I hadn't been impressed with Wisdom at all so far but I thought he played really well Tuesday night, made 3 or 4 very good tackles within the first few minutes of the game.

There has to be some middle ground

9 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

What gets me the most is that people have it in their heads so much now that they dispise him they won't even give credit when it's due, it's just pure discontent for him.

Before the game Tuesday night I was saying in the pub that I hadn't been impressed with Wisdom at all so far but I thought he played really well Tuesday night, made 3 or 4 very good tackles within the first few minutes of the game.

There has to be some middle ground

I don't know anyone who despises him, that is a bit strong. I like the Keogh under Paul Clement because he was disciplined in his positioning and a better defender for it. I like the Keogh under Rowett for the same reason, it is the Keogh inbetween those two managers that I thought was often a liability simply because he was indisciplined in his positioning which led to him diving in to tackles that he should never have had to. Perfectly happy with this version, hope he keeps it up.

5 minutes ago, bcnram said:

I don't know anyone who despises him, that is a bit strong. I like the Keogh under Paul Clement because he was disciplined in his positioning and a better defender for it. I like the Keogh under Rowett for the same reason, it is the Keogh inbetween those two managers that I thought was often a liability simply because he was indisciplined in his positioning which led to him diving in to tackles that he should never have had to. Perfectly happy with this version, hope he keeps it up.

I know of a couple that despise him and won't listen to a positive word about him, one hasn't been to a game for 2 years and still slates him.

7 minutes ago, ossieram said:

I know of a couple that despise him and won't listen to a positive word about him, one hasn't been to a game for 2 years and still slates him.

Is he one of those which has a pop at people for defending Martin or Bryson because it's "living in 13/14" but still won't let go of the playoff final mistake?

1 minute ago, cheron85 said:

Is he one of those which has a pop at people for defending Martin or Bryson because it's "living in 13/14" but still won't let go of the playoff final mistake?

He doesn't dish out a great deal of praise to be honest and probably won't bother going to a game unless we are at Wembley again or in the prem. I just laugh at him when he starts ranting.

1 minute ago, ossieram said:

He doesn't dish out a great deal of praise to be honest and probably won't bother going to a game unless we are at Wembley again or in the prem. I just laugh at him when he starts ranting.

Does he listen to the radio though?

I'm sure the quality of his opinions are top notch if he listens to them on the radio - I mean "xxx pases the ball to yyy" is as much detail as you need right?

21 minutes ago, ossieram said:

Well that is a bit daft, I never give any value at all to those sort of opinions.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived