Richard Keogh - always got a mistake in him

mumblemumble

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens
27 minutes ago, swiftur said:

wisdom was derby's best player yesterday.head and shoulders above anyone else.

I guess that demonstrates how opinions differ, i thought he was a bit 'meh', looked to me to react slowly for their first goal, made that great challenge when it looked like they would score but even that was created from his sloppy header. If Keogh had made that header and then the following challenge all people would talk about was the sloppy header.

2 minutes ago, curtains said:

2 mistakes for the goal by Keogh 

probably less than everyone else, just came at a bad time, and were pretty minor mistakes. Wolves should have scored 5, getting hung up on one of the ones they scored and which specific person f****** up is ridiculous.

We were literally teeing them up for some of their chances. 

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

probably less than everyone else, just came at a bad time, and were pretty minor mistakes. Wolves should have scored 5, getting hung up on one of the ones they scored and which specific person f****** up is ridiculous.

We were literally teeing them up for some of their chances. 

You agree he made 2 mistakes for the 1st Wolves goal then 

17 minutes ago, curtains said:

What about Carson, why is he not collecting crosses 3 yards from his line?

Are you just looking to move the blame from Rowett for yesterday? 

It was you that wanted Rowett so badly.

Just now, G STAR RAM said:

What about Carson, why is he not collecting crosses 3 yards from his line?

Are you just looking to move the blame from Rowett for yesterday? 

It was you that wanted Rowett so badly.

I think Rowett was wrong to make Keogh captain .

I was very disappointed yesterday and I just hope Gary can turn this team around .

It is only 2 games in and Gary Rowett will need time but I had hoped he would have moved Keogh on and that's no secret with me. 

What you want me to say Derby played well and the defense and midfield and attack worked very well. 

Maybe im being harsh on a Keogh but goals and mistakes change game and up to that goal Derby were more than holding their own 

Sith Happens
40 minutes ago, curtains said:

Don't you agree wisdom is slow to react and inexplicably slows up rather than dealing with the threat or at least attempting to prior to the actual shot?

1 minute ago, Paul71 said:

Don't you agree wisdom is slow to react and inexplicably slows up rather than dealing with the threat or at least attempting to prior to the actual shot?

I agree with that also.  

Goals change games because Derby started the game well . 

I still will keep the faith. 

Sith Happens
1 minute ago, curtains said:

I agree with that also.  

Goals change games because Derby started the game well . 

I still will keep the faith. 

That's just it. Its a team game, its like Wembley, people blame Keogh, it was really a combination of Buxton and Forsythe not dealing with the threat and of course Keogh's poor clearance.

I however feel our attacking players were equally as responsible if not moreso in that game for not having a bigger threat against 10 men.

Likewise yesterday our midfield and forward line were far more culpable for our defeat than any of our defenders.

Keogh was probably one of our only reasonable performers yesterday. He made his tackles, won his headers, Davies was much worse than Keogh, yet he doesn't get criticised? Keogh is the best centre half we've had at Derby since the last time we got promoted, IMO. He's got a nice balance of being good in the air, and being able to bring the ball out of defence. 

Seems like some people won't be happy until they've witch hunted him out of the club, it's happened ever since Wembley (not his fault, btw.) I think some of our fans would be in for a shock if Keogh did leave and we were left with some of the cloggers we've been linked with. Maybe then people will appreciate the top servant Keogh has been for us. Anyone blaming Keogh for yesterday's result has no clue about how football is played. Same goes for anyone blaming a particular player, we were s**** as a team. 

Just now, Paul71 said:

That's just it. Its a team game, its like Wembley, people blame Keogh, it was really a combination of Buxton and Forsythe not dealing with the threat and of course Keogh's poor clearance.

I however feel our attacking players were equally as responsible if not moreso in that game for not having a bigger threat against 10 men.

Likewise yesterday our midfield and forward line were far more culpable for our defeat than any of our defenders.

All about opinions mate and I agree with you about Wembley it was just as much Buxton as Keogh.  

I am not judging Keogh on one game.  

I like him as a person and I like is wholehearted effort but I just don't think he is good enough as a CB .  I may be wrong. 

3 hours ago, curtains said:

He had time to get out of the way but he swung his foot at it. 

Where do you sit 

How many times have you played CB?

In that position, facing away from the goal, you have no idea exactly where the posts are. If you blame Keogh for attempting to clear the ball in that situation, you're showing your lack of footballing knowledge unfortunately...

Had he not swiped at it and it had nestled in the bottom corner (as for all he knew it could have done), you'd equally be berating him for not defending properly!

Drop the agenda, Keogh was one of the few players showing true commitment yesterday and had a solid, if unspectacular game at the back. Our issues lay in our inability to play creatively further up the pitch, which in turn put more pressure on our defence, again not Keogh's fault. 

When countless pundits praise Keogh and you're clinging to a couple of errors he's made in 5 years with us, you're disagreeing with people that know far more about football than you. Accept that you're scapegoating, albeit the wrong section of the team, let alone player :lol:

Sith Happens
2 minutes ago, Mistaram said:

Bessie He was not only one of our better players he was our only player and Huddlestone the worst 

I was disappointed with tom yesterday, started well but later on just looked far to casual.

On yesterdays performance, and I know you shouldn't judge on one game, thorne is the better player.

Think its harsh to pin much blame on Keogh for the two goals. 

Football is a team game. Attack as a team, defend as a team.

There were many instances in both goals where they could have been snuffed out at an earlier stage.

The move for the first starts with Derby putting no pressure on the ball, and Wolves then have plenty of time to pass the ball around in our half. Forsyth then gets caught way out of position as he misses an interception, and the cross isn't stopped by Davies. Keogh doesn't deal well enough with it, granted, but I'd be expecting a keeper of Carson's experience to be putting his name on that. Wisdom doesn't do enough to block the shot. Keogh is then unlucky as he tries to make a goal line clearance, but fluffs it.

Keogh doesn't even have anything to do with the second. Forsyth fouls his man after a poor pass from Huddlestone, who then misses the interception, and it's Davies' man who Keogh tries to close down as the former is left in no man's land, leaving Keogh's man free for a simple tap in.

Archived