Gary Rowett/Rams Manager Odds

robglosta

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, eddie said:

Oddschecker no longer has a 'specials' page on Derby's next manager.

Read into that what you will.

It's the same straight after every game Eddie.

I'm on Wassall at 9/1 - effectively that's odds of 9/1 on Derby getting promoted in my book. To bet on DerbyDerby to get promoted was only 5/2 before today.

Its hard to see them going straight back up, their in such a mess at the moment a safe mid-table finish would be good for them, sort the mess out and maybe go for promotion the season after, might take them 3 or 4 years though with the mess they've got themselves in. 

7 minutes ago, DCFCArmy said:

Its hard to see them going straight back up, their in such a mess at the moment a safe mid-table finish would be good for them, sort the mess out and maybe go for promotion the season after, might take them 3 or 4 years though with the mess they've got themselves in. 

They could easily do a leeds or a wigan. I dont think many clubs will want to take their players they could easily be stuck with big wages sitting around happy to be paid or loaning out a few and paying 50% of wages. 

With the mess they're in any of the other relegated clubs or the clubs that miss out this year via the playoffs would be a more attractive proposition. The're rotten not to dissimilar to when we went down, had to get rid of the useless big wages and steady the ship

its if they can get the right man to steady the ship because its s fineline between bouncing back and going down as wigan have shown

1 hour ago, Saul Pimpson said:

It's the same straight after every game Eddie.

I'm on Wassall at 9/1 - effectively that's odds of 9/1 on Derby getting promoted in my book. To bet on DerbyDerby to get promoted was only 5/2 before today.

The gump one is there though - with MON now odds on favourte.

I got 40-1 on Chris Coleman this afternoon, had a cheeky fiver on it as a very outside bet. Unlikely I know but he's out of contract at the end of the Euro Champs and I would have thought he'd be looking elsewhere (what more can he do with Wales other than qualify them for the World Cup - leave on a high). Not saying I particularly rate him but thought "what the Hell" it's only a fiver.

2 hours ago, loweman2 said:

Bet victor still showing with rowett as favourite, was say is slipping down the odds !!

https://www.betvictor.mobi/sports/3/meetings?btagid=#/sports/3/meetings/126456098/events/683987400

Can't find anything there, and oddschecker has removed links to betting on the new manager. Do the bookies know something? Or is it simply end of day housekeeping?

5712b59c27dc0_OddscheckernoDerbymanager.

1 minute ago, Carl Sagan said:

Can't find anything there, and oddschecker has removed links to betting on the new manager. Do the bookies know something? Or is it simply end of day housekeeping?

5712b59c27dc0_OddscheckernoDerbymanager.

It's disappeared from Skybet as well.

Hmm...We're definitely reading too much into this...but...

Back up on Oddschecker, though they only have the feed from Sky & not Betvictor. Scary that Bruce is joint third favourite with Wassall. In other betting news, if people aren't confident we'll finish top 6, SkyBet is offering 150 to 1, so you should put an insurance bet on!

[Edit: Turns out it's not possible to delete an image from a post in Firefox, hence you get two versions. I was trying to get rid of the bottom one as I missed off Rowett]

5712eb7040eb1_20160417OddscheckerDerbyma

20160417 Oddschecker Derby manager.JPG

• 4 weeks later...

Even though I am a big fan of Rowett, I have been told by somebody that it will not happen unless Wassall left the club.

When Rowett took his coaching badges, Wassall was his mentor (or whatever the FA call it)

This means it is unlikely for Mel to undermine the current coach and 'friend' to employ his understudy of yesteryear.

After being told this, I doubt that Rowett will be appointed unless Wassall left the club entirely.

But then typing this it wouldnt be hard for Wassall to find another job, I wouldnt be surprised to see him appointed as Forest manager in the unlikely event he leaves us...

Archived