Brexit implications for DCFC

Stive Pesley

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, StivePesley said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35919247

So leaving the EU would remove the employment rights of all EU nationals to work in the UK without a work visa

Current rules say that non-EU players have to have played in 75% of their countries internationals to qualify for a work visa

As it stands - the remnants of Nigel's "no foreigners" policy and our pretty poor (non-existent?) foreign scouting network leave us in good shape should this happen

From the first team squad we'd lose Marcus Olsson, Andi Weimann and Ivan Calero I think. Keogh, Christie and Hendrick would qualify as international regulars

Don't forget, even if we vote to leave (doubt it myself) nothing is going to happen immediately. They say it took Greenland 3 years to finalise all the terms of their exit from the EEC and the only thing they really had to negotiate was fishing stocks. So, our current squad will probably be long gone before anything came into force. 

5 hours ago, TroyDyer said:

I'm sure the BBC will push more of this stuff in the next few weeks. Whatever it takes to frighten people into staying aboard the sinking ship. 

No coincidence Karen Brady will be campaigning against leaving.

Just now, LesterRam said:

I personally think the world would end if we left the EU, apparently we clubbed people to death and dragged them to our cave before we joined.

That's a little confusing because I'd heard if we stay in, Angela Merkel will personally sit on the queen's face until she suffocates, and will then take up residence in Buck House as our new queen. 

9 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

That's a little confusing because I'd heard if we stay in, Angela Merkel will personally sit on the queen's face until she suffocates, and will then take up residence in Buck House as our new queen. 

Your making this up now :whistle::lol:

It is funny, we have no Brazilian's, Argentinians or any other non EU footballers currently playing in the Premier League, anyway it would cost too much to bring them to the UK if we leave because apparently air travel will be 500% more expensive.

4 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Don't forget, even if we vote to leave (doubt it myself) nothing is going to happen immediately. They say it took Greenland 3 years to finalise all the terms of their exit from the EEC and the only thing they really had to negotiate was fishing stocks. So, our current squad will probably be long gone before anything came into force. 

The only person that would affect at Derby would be Conor Sammon.

44 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Death by HUNilingus. Old Liz deserves better than that. Vote Leave.

2 minutes ago, Rammeister said:

I think the foreign manager aspect is potentially as interesting as the players.

Paul Clement and Nigel will be laughing.

they would come under the normal immigration rules that would be set up post exit. Come to think of it the Government could change the rules to suit themselves post exit and make certain professions exempt from regulation.

13 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Death by HUNilingus. Old Liz deserves better than that. Vote Leave.

Perhaps Phillip could take his wife's place? After all, he's probably had a lifetime with a German woman sat on his face.

Guess that's the knighthood gone.

In or out, life will continue, ways of working will be found and probably transitional arrangements making EU nationals work relatively easily in Britain will be in place for a few years to start with. The world will it end if we vote out, same as its not actually bad living in Britain as part of the EU now. Plenty are dieing to live somewhere as good as this. Commercial pressure and lobbying but top clubs will have pro footballers exempted anyway "for the good of the game"

The UK would totally deny work Visa's to football players from the EU that have been playing here before the outcome of a Brexit...

Implications? Nothing for anyone here pre referendum. Prior? Filling in an extra form or two and having it approved. Exactly like players from outside the EU now. 

10 hours ago, GboroRam said:

One German family replacing another.

Archived