Brexit implications for DCFC

Stive Pesley

11 hours ago, davenportram said:

they would come under the normal immigration rules that would be set up post exit. Come to think of it the Government could change the rules to suit themselves post exit and make certain professions exempt from regulation.

Like banking?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hi all

I could be wrong, but I believe that like all these changes, if they happen it would only apply to new people.  Over the years the immigration legislation has changed, and got tougher in some ways, but that doesn't mean that someone who came here say 5 or 10 years ago under a previous set of laws would be expelled now just because they wouldn't hypothetically qualify under the new laws.  Therefore, if I'm right the recruiting policy of many employers, football included, would have to change in future if Brexit occurred, but for those already here I believe that the conditions that applied at the time they came here would be honoured.

If I'm wrong then I'd be happy to stand corrected.

I'm not going to express a Brexit opinion here one way or the other, but as a taxpayer it does seem odd to me that my taxes are currently supporting 1.5 million jobless people whilst at the same time we seem to be importing labour throughout the economy, apparently without regard to whether or not we have people already here, especially UK citizens, who would be suitable for those positions.  Maybe it's simplistic, but how about training or retraining at least some of those 1.5 million before looking elsewhere?  I wouldn't want anyone to starve or be homeless, but I don't believe that it's a good use of our tax money to pay so many folks to do nowt, sometimes for a long time.

If restricting the flow of incoming labour to some extent means that more of these 1.5 million can get jobs or be trained or retrained, I don't see how that could be a bad thing personally.  Most other developed countries have policies on the inflow of labour in order to manage their labour markets to some degree - Australia and the USA for example.

In other news, COYR!

LR2

I'm fairly confident we will not see a deportation of players if an EU exit were to occur.

Just like trade (People are a trade) - free trade deals will be put in place with the EU. I don't think Trade will change one bit if we were to exit the EU. We will not suffer financially in doing trade with or from the EU - I'm fairly confident on that.

Likewise - I'm fairly sure the only change may be EU people will need a work permit to work in the UK but I believe 100% that this will be on the virtue of either A) A Minimum salary is being paid to that employee or B) He will become a professional in the UK and he has a job to come to.

I'm not worried at all about it and I don't think it will effect football one bit either.

On a side note - I bet Keogh and Christie have British passports so we won't need to worry about them.

Keep Jonny Foreigner out, find English non league players who are working down the pit or on the factory floor during the week like in years gone by. Oh sorry just realised we don't have any pits or factories left. Keep Jonny Foreigner in. Government out.

11 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

Keep Jonny Foreigner out, find English non league players who are working down the pit or on the factory floor during the week like in years gone by. Oh sorry just realised we don't have any pits or factories left. Keep Jonny Foreigner in. Government out.

Are there not any cheap Chinese imports we could bring in who could price our players out of the market?

3 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

Are there not any cheap Chinese imports we could bring in who could price our players out of the market?

Before you know it they will over supply us with players, take over all the clubs, then pull out forcing the closure of the premier league. Then again, as you were, all a non story.

Archived