Glory Glory Leicester City

Day

8 hours ago, CornwallRam said:

Surely everybody with a soul must be rooting for Leicester? 

Even I now have reconciled in my tiny mind that there will not be a Gerrard type slip in every one of their remaining league games and that the title is theirs 

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

Even I now have reconciled in my tiny mind that there will not be a Gerrard type slip in every one of their remaining league games and that the title is theirs 

The gerrard slip was met with laughter though, I genially think most naturals would be gutted for Leicester, whereas everyone wanted Liverpool to fail, the fact they are the circus club with their silly conspiracy's and the fact their just plain bloody irritating it was poetic and just hilarious to watch them fail at the death... there's nothing worse than a bad loser, and a scouse winner.  

52 minutes ago, DCFCArmy said:

The gerrard slip was met with laughter though, I genially think most naturals would be gutted for Leicester, whereas everyone wanted Liverpool to fail, the fact they are the circus club with their silly conspiracy's and the fact their just plain bloody irritating it was poetic and just hilarious to watch them fail at the death... there's nothing worse than a bad loser, and a scouse winner.  

Wasn't Gerrard's fault though. When you're a scouser it's always someone else's fault

12 hours ago, jono said:

I hope they make a movie ... But not now .. We need to wait and tell the tale in 30 or 40 years time so granddad a can tell their kids .. I know because I was there. 

The movie should be the Jamie Vardy story.

Thats real Billy's boots stuff, if Hollywood can write a script for a failure like Eddie Edwards, then the Vardy rags to riches story is even more remarkable and worthy of recognition. Leicester fan or not, I just want him to excel at the Euro's, it would give hope and ambition to so many kids.

I appear not to have a soul or maybe its just sheer downright bitterness but I dont want Leicester to win the league, infact I want anything but that. I have grown up in Leicester all my life and my other halfs family are all mega Leicester fans. Before this year I barely ever saw a Leicester fan now all I see are these half fans dressed in blue who I never even knew supported Leicester and they seem to think that us and Forest are actually their rivals. It tears me apart as I love an underdog but I dont really enjoy fairytales especially ones involving foxes.

You may think I have a heart of ice, and you would be right. Maybe somewhere deep down inside I just think 'I wish it was us'. Pathetic and childish I know.

Time to cry myself to sleep.

I want Leicester to win it.

Some of the most violent games I've ever been to have been at Leicester (plus one at Derby when they played Burton in the FA Cup). I've been involved in fights at Filbert Street, on the streets back to the station, actually on the station itself and even once at a holiday camp in Ingoldmells!  Fighting Lessta lads was a sort of annual event back in the day but I never felt any real hatred toward them.

I dislike Tottenham more who are the only team who can catch them now.

The story is almost surreal, bottom of the league, certs to go down then suddenly discover title winning form just to stay up. Start the next season as they finished and continue it for the whole season....if it was a fictional story you'd think it was far fetched.

For Leicester to win it over Man United, Chelsea, Man City, Arsenal and Liverpool can only be good for the game and encourage players to stay with their team instead of just following the money.

Go on you jammy feckers. Enjoy every moment of it and keep the dream alive for the rest of us. 

8 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

I want Leicester to win it.

Some of the most violent games I've ever been to have been at Leicester (plus one at Derby when they played Burton in the FA Cup). I've been involved in fights at Filbert Street, on the streets back to the station, actually on the station itself and even once at a holiday camp in Ingoldmells!  Fighting Lessta lads was a sort of annual event back in the day but I never felt any real hatred toward them.

I dislike Tottenham more who are the only team who can catch them now.

The story is almost surreal, bottom of the league, certs to go down then suddenly discover title winning form just to stay up. Start the next season as they finished and continue it for the whole season....if it was a fictional story you'd think it was far fetched.

For Leicester to win it over Man United, Chelsea, Man City, Arsenal and Liverpool can only be good for the game and encourage players to stay with their team instead of just following the money.

Go on you jammy feckers. Enjoy every moment of it and keep the dream alive for the rest of us. 

That's the key for me.

I, along with many on here have thought in the past - why do we want to be promoted, just for an endless survival struggle and maybe, just maybe reach the dizzy heights of mid-table obscurity.

If Leicester win the thing (and I hope they do), it just gives mere mortal fans of "lesser" clubs that glimmer of hope - however unlikely, that it could one day be them.

Also it doesn't hurt to remove some of the air of invincibility from the top clubs amongst their fans, the media and some match officials.

So come on you badgers!! or whatever they're called.

9 hours ago, kingsy1884 said:

Before this year I barely ever saw a Leicester fan now all I see are these half fans dressed in blue who I never even knew supported Leicester

If it makes you feel better, at best they'd not be following football and at worst wearing Man Utd or Chelsea shirts instead.

11 hours ago, kingsy1884 said:

and they seem to think that us and Forest are actually their rivals

yeah but Forest do have a dislike for them, their matches are a bit more heated, wereas with us we generally don't give a damn about them as a rival, even when they kept humping us 4-0 it never really got to us, whereas the 5-2 at the dumpster sent me into depression for a couple of days. 

Seriously what a deluded bunch of cry babies you lot are, we don't care about Leicester, they had no fans before this season. We got forest in the Brian clough cup, that's our big game.

Leicester and Derby are virtually the same size kinda clubs, say Leicester have a bigger fan base though. The ten years we weren't in the premier league, we still had had 22,000 - 24,000 average every season including league one. Away support, your away support in terms of numbers is a joke. Leicester about 35 miles away down the road and you could barely take a thousand. 

Plus the fact we nearly always beat you, remember the last time we met and you had this amazing young team who were gonna hammer us on the telly ? Oh yeah, you lost 4-1 !! 

Just think the nearest you'll  get to playing us be in a pre season friendly , next year we'll be at Real Madrid and you'll be playing burton Albion , please let that sink in lads.

You know what, I'm wishing Leicester well and hoping they win the title, mainly for Ranieri mind, I've always liked him but I forgot about people like you, instead of enjoying a remarkable achievement with pride, you go on another clubs forum giving it Billy Big Bo11ocks.

You've let your club down mate but hey, if it makes you feel good...

15 minutes ago, Steve Walsh 2 Derby 1 said:

Seriously what a deluded bunch of cry babies you lot are, we don't care about Leicester, they had no fans before this season. We got forest in the Brian clough cup, that's our big game.

Leicester and Derby are virtually the same size kinda clubs, say Leicester have a bigger fan base though. The ten years we weren't in the premier league, we still had had 22,000 - 24,000 average every season including league one. Away support, your away support in terms of numbers is a joke. Leicester about 35 miles away down the road and you could barely take a thousand. 

Plus the fact we nearly always beat you, remember the last time we met and you had this amazing young team who were gonna hammer us on the telly ? Oh yeah, you lost 4-1 !! 

Just think the nearest you'll  get to playing us be in a pre season friendly , next year we'll be at Real Madrid and you'll be playing burton Albion , please let that sink in lads.

The fact that most of us on here are actually delighted for Leicester and are urging them on to win the Premier League title shows there is very little hatred on our side for Leicester.

If it was Forest, I don't think the feeling would be quite the same. Likewise, if it was Derby on the verge of top-flight glory, I'm not sure Leicester fans would be quite as willing to edge us on.

Of course there is a 'rivalry' of some sort between Derby and Leicester, but that's merely location. I'd say it's the same for Derby and Stoke, as they're only another ten minutes away in a different direction.

We've had some interesting games in the past which have spiced up our 'rivalry' such as the playoff final and the 2-3 Robbie Savage game. But we've also had some memorable matches with QPR and Burnley too which we go on about just as much.

Leicester's need to try and forge a rivalry when the feeling isn't mutual is the most pathetic thing. You're on the verge of winning the league, you'll likely be playing someone like Juventus or Real Madrid in a major competiton next season whereas Derby will be scrapping away against the Rotherhams and Brentfords of this world... Yet you're here, on  Derby forum, trying to again force the rivalry...

I don't get it... 

26 minutes ago, Steve Walsh 2 Derby 1 said:

**** ,I really have been wishing Leicester to go on to win the league ,just switched my allegiance to Spurs.

No I wouldn't had said nowt, but idiots on here going on like Leicester were some **** supported club who everyone in Leicester supported the tigers. Tigers have never ever got better attendances then us, they have won the league a billion times and European cups but never been more popular then us. 

I've lived in Leicester my whole life and I honestly never met a tigers season ticket holder. Maybe it's more Leicestershire people but Leicester out off all three East Midlands clubs have had the larger fan base, you and forest winning the league 300 years ago was amazing because before that you weren't playing in the old division one year after year, you weren't making cup finals year after year. Before clough went to forest they had no history. 

I don't really care about Derby anymore because you're not in our league and you won't be ever again. We're playing in L.A this summer against PSG and you'll be playing against Notts county. 

29 minutes ago, Steve Walsh 2 Derby 1 said:

Show a bit of class. There's been a lot of praise for Leicester on here & it's good to see that the Premier League will be won by someone different. And it'll be good to see different English clubs in the Champions League. If you're looking for bites might I suggest Twitter, that's where the kids go to play. 

Dear boy, your board, manager and players have been a credit acting with class and dignity all season yet you log in here with your silly provocative user name, try acting a bit like them instead of the attention seeking numpty you are portraying so well. ;)

Sorry I forgot to add when you played QPR in the play offs most Leicester fans wanted you to go up, yeah sure we laughed when you lost in the dying seconds creating scenes Leicester fans have seen before at Wembley, Derby fans crying but like you lot would had laughed when we missed that penalty against Watford. 

That game I still wanted Derby to win even though I use to hate them, back in the day I use too look out for Derby , forest and even Coventry results but no hand on heart I don't care. That's how far we've come, we don't care anymore about the forest and Derby love fest. I've came on here though to defend Leicester after you ****** made out we had ***** support before this season.

Archived