Glory Glory Leicester City

Day

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, LesterRam said:

maybe they can afford the £7m tax bill to HMRC from 2008 now, enough discussion on this forum about greedy bankers but football is exempt from criticism.

It looks to me like they were wound up so there is nothing legally still to pay. Morally that is a different kettle of fish though. Looks like clubs have a loophole leaving the taxman out of pocket. It's not Leicester, Leeds or any of the other clubs' faults though. They're offered a way to save money and they exploit it. Morally it's undefendable but morals and business don't go hand in hand. 

11 minutes ago, Jimmy Skitz said:

I believe I'm right in saying that should we win the league the last 3 first time Champions of England would be Derby, Forest & Leicester ...

Burton Albion Premier League champions 2025 ...

We did it first though so 

Only joking mate, hope you guys seal the deal. 

1 hour ago, Jimmy Skitz said:

I believe I'm right in saying that should we win the league the last 3 first time Champions of England would be Derby, Forest & Leicester ...

Burton Albion Premier League champions 2025 ...

Do you mean teams that have won the league that had never won the league before. How about Blackburn Rovers?

Also, we may be in the category of trams that had never won the league before, but if you further filter that by teams that have never won the league since, then derby isn't included. Forest are though. Just saying. (That's a dig at Forest, not Leicester, we'll give you a year or two to retain before you're officially declared one season wonders). 

I believe anyone with any kind of sporting heart will be behind Leicester.

For me it is kindling for the dream that every fan has. Medium sized club with a bit of history, a few legendary stars,  but not a lot of glory, that's been through the grinder, yet one bright day manages to stitch it all together and triumphs at the highest level. 

I am not a Leicester fan and never will be be but for the love of sport I want them to win .. And in style. Great great story 

i hope they make a movie ... But not now .. We need to wait and tell the tale in 30 or 40 years time so granddad a can tell their kids .. I know because I was there. 

Quite honestly this could potentially be the greatest ever achievement in English football. I know that sounds like mad hyperbole, but even when you look back at Clough's brilliant small town underdog teams there weren't as many obstacles between them and the title as there are now.

3 points for a win was a huge change and went a long way towards putting an end to surprise league champions. I think I'm right in saying that only 8 different clubs have won the league since the change 35 years ago. Compare that with the previous 35 years (1946 -1981) and we had nearly double (15) the number of different league champions.

That's without mentioning the disparity caused by champions league money or the fact that some teams are now backed by entire countries. If Leicester pull this off it will be absolutely astonishing.

44 minutes ago, Anon said:

Quite honestly this could potentially be the greatest ever achievement in English football. I know that sounds like mad hyperbole, but even when you look back at Clough's brilliant small town underdog teams there weren't as many obstacles between them and the title as there are now.

3 points for a win was a huge change and went a long way towards putting an end to surprise league champions. I think I'm right in saying that only 8 different clubs have won the league since the change 35 years ago. Compare that with the previous 35 years (1946 -1981) and we had nearly double (15) the number of different league champions.

That's without mentioning the disparity caused by champions league money or the fact that some teams are now backed by entire countries. If Leicester pull this off it will be absolutely astonishing.

Not to mention being bottom this time last year. If Tottenham did it this year, or West Ham did it next year, it would be a great achievement too, but they've been flirting with the top half of the table for a while. Leicester have literally come from no where. Has any team with longer odds ever won it (or won anything)? Definition of an underdog story.

and I've lived in Leicester for a good 10 years before coming back to derby, so I fee I have a legitimate claim to say they've always been my second club (they haven't but don't tell anyone, being a derby fan is a bit **** at the minute, so t is giving me genuine joy to see leicesternup there).

Surely everybody with a soul must be rooting for Leicester? Even I really want them to win it and I grew up hating them. I spent most of my childhood living near Hinckley. I was one of only two Rams fans in a school of a thousand, most of the rest supported Leicester (although Tigers were probably bigger at the time). I've been laughing at Leicester City fans for almost four decades now, and now half my Facebook feed is my old mates reminding me. Yet I can't help being carried away by the romance of it. It gives hope to supporters of all medium sized clubs. If Leicester can do it then why can't Derby - or Forest, or Sheffield Wednesday, or Leeds, or Wolves, or Brum etc.

Archived