Glory Glory Leicester City

Day

1 hour ago, Steve Walsh 2 Derby 1 said:

No you lot let yourselves down by making out Leicester didnt have fans before this season, you know we've always took numbers to you lot and you haven't sold out our away end in years. Obviously more people are jumping on the band wagon but not like we weren't selling out last season or our attendances dropped under 20,000 like forest. Our away support always been there too. 

Any chance that might have something to do with us not giving a **** about playing Leicester, but Leicester give a **** about playing us. That's like saying I'm upset because Hugh Hefner didn't come to my party, clearly he doesn't get out much, but I always make the effort to go to his. 

The only rivalry here is that there is no rivalry. Ironically, the only way you'll get us to bite is by suggesting there is one. There really isn't. Best of luck in the league, it's nice to see you've not let success change you. 

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4 April 2016 at 22:33, Zag zig said:

The movie should be the Jamie Vardy story.

Thats real Billy's boots stuff, if Hollywood can write a script for a failure like Eddie Edwards, then the Vardy rags to riches story is even more remarkable and worthy of recognition. Leicester fan or not, I just want him to excel at the Euro's, it would give hope and ambition to so many kids.

Tempted to take this back, I've just shown a couple of Foxes fans in in my local this thread and they had a chuckle before saying every village has one, they just bought me a cider though, so I'm going back to wanting Leicester to win. 

Mr Walsh 2 however just proves some wum's do ave em.

I don't hate Derby ? Where did I say I hated Derby ? I only hate Coventry me, just found it embarrassing how you lot where going on like you had a better fan base then us and you haven't. 

you and forest have your little cup final and we'll be going to the places you only see on tv. Leicester biggest club in the East Midlands and that's not even trolling. You go across the world ask who Leicester are , then ask oh you heard of Derby county ??? different levels, you're on par with forest , wolves and Birmingham city. We're on par with barca, Bayern and juve. Let me taste your tears ...

22 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

I want Leicester to win it.

Some of the most violent games I've ever been to have been at Leicester (plus one at Derby when they played Burton in the FA Cup). I've been involved in fights at Filbert Street, on the streets back to the station, actually on the station itself and even once at a holiday camp in Ingoldmells!  Fighting Lessta lads was a sort of annual event back in the day but I never felt any real hatred toward them.

I dislike Tottenham more who are the only team who can catch them now.

The story is almost surreal, bottom of the league, certs to go down then suddenly discover title winning form just to stay up. Start the next season as they finished and continue it for the whole season....if it was a fictional story you'd think it was far fetched.

For Leicester to win it over Man United, Chelsea, Man City, Arsenal and Liverpool can only be good for the game and encourage players to stay with their team instead of just following the money.

Go on you jammy feckers. Enjoy every moment of it and keep the dream alive for the rest of us. 

Cancel football immediately :lol:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Footy_Fooligans/status/716642987707641856/video/1

39 minutes ago, Steve Walsh 2 Derby 1 said:

I don't hate Derby ? Where did I say I hated Derby ? I only hate Coventry me, just found it embarrassing how you lot where going on like you had a better fan base then us and you haven't. 

you and forest have your little cup final and we'll be going to the places you only see on tv. Leicester biggest club in the East Midlands and that's not even trolling. You go across the world ask who Leicester are , then ask oh you heard of Derby county ??? different levels, you're on par with forest , wolves and Birmingham city. We're on par with barca, Bayern and juve. Let me taste your tears ...

"Fan base" 

Leicester- 2013/14 season(your last/latest championship season) average home attendance 25003. Average away fans 2143. This is the season you stormed this league

Derby -2015/16 season(our latest championship season) average home attendance 29378, 4375 higher. Average away fans 2660, 517 higher. This season we are not storming this league.

Not surprised you are embarrassed 

Enjoy your day in the sun. 

51 minutes ago, Steve Walsh 2 Derby 1 said:

Don't worry lads maybe one day barca will play you if you asked them really nicely , we're playing them in the summer cuz the yanks want it, two big footballing powerhouses going at it for the millions. Enjoy Wigan though ?

One day? Already happened.....and in our lifetime. 

http://www.skysports.com/football/derby-vs-barcelona/20646

Interesting claims on the fan base. Lets look at some figures - 

Y/e DCFC LCFC

2015 - 29,232 - 31,693

2014 - 24,933 - 24,909

2013 - 23,228 - 22,283

2012 - 26,020 - 23,037

2011 - 26,023 - 23,666

2010 - 29,207 - 23,943

2009 - 29,204 - 20,253

2008 - 32,432 - 23,509

2007 - 25,945 - 23,206

2006 - 24,166 - 22,234

2005 - 25,219 - 24,137

So the only season in the last decade where Leicester have had a better average attendance is the last one one - where Leicester were a division higher. Yet if you look at the last time we were in the Premier League our average was higher than theirs this season...and we didn't exactly win the league that year :(. That suggests to me that Leicester, despite having a far larger population than Derby, have a lower fanbase than Derby and that most of their current fanbase are indeed egg-chasing glory hunters.

Indeed, if we go back to their last glory year when they last won the League Cup in 2000, they averaged 19,827. We had an average of 29,531 that season, despite winning nothing. In the interests of fairness then, we ought to compare our last title winning season; 1975 - we averaged 26,719. In that same year Leicester averaged 23,765. So it seems that our fanbase has been consistently bigger for four decades.

But of course, that might be too short a time frame to compare. Lets take a look at the year 1900. DCFC 8255, LCFC 5500. So the only tenable conclusion is that Derby County have been a bigger club than Leicester City since Victorian times.

Spoiler

didn't mean to post this but can't seem to delete it!

9 hours ago, Steve Walsh 2 Derby 1 said:

we're on a par with barca, bayern and juve

That is the most insane comment ive ever read.

World wide know Barca & Bayern, multiple champions of their leagues multiple champions of Europe, consistently won trophies for decades. However Leicester city are on a par even though all they've ever won is a league cup in 1990 

Jesus wept :D:D

i want whatever you're on this whooe thread is comedy gold 

7 hours ago, Steve Walsh 2 Derby 1 said:

As far as East Midland fans are concerned, you seem to have delusional idiocy wrapped up anyway. Are you the club champion?

Well I'm Leicester born and bred and have lived in leic my whole life. It's amazing how when they do well all the flags are hanging and the shirts are out and everyone has been a season ticket holder for 20 years lmao.

I want them to win it and i think most football fans do but christ their fans are the worst I have ever spoken to. You say one thing about their club and they go off on one big time lol, sooo easy to wind up.

What this numpty is writing is what I totally expect from a city fan, well 90% of them anyway.

They hate the fact we don't consider them rivals. 

If you look over the last 5 or 6 seasons we played them, home and away, I think there was only 1 sell out. That tells you everything you need to know.

May I suggest to Daveo that we have a new under 12's section, that way all these little boys spouting the same boring childish rubbish can discuss with boys their own age.

Steve walsh 2 Derby 1.......WE DON'T CARE!!!.

:D

Yesterday I was thinking this fool should be banned. Now I'm thinking David, can we keep him??. Pleeeeaaasse?. Like a snappy pet that we can poke through the bars with a stick now & then when we need entertaining.

6 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

Yesterday I was thinking this fool should be banned. Now I'm thinking David, can we keep him??. Pleeeeaaasse?. Like a snappy pet that we can poke through the bars with a stick now & then when we need entertaining.

I must admit his posts are very funny, bless him.

I'm quite surprised he managed to get past the security question to sign up to this website. Obviously the answer is easy to look up, but it requires a basic level of reading comprehension that he has failed to demonstrate he possesses.

5 minutes ago, Anon said:

I'm quite surprised he managed to get past the security question to sign up to this website. Obviously the answer is easy to look up, but it requires a basic level of reading comprehension that he has failed to demonstrate he possesses.

Is the question actually correct now? When I signed up it asked, 'what is the name of Derby County's stadium' and insisted the Pride Park Stadium was incorrect. The required answer was Pride Park - the name of the trading estate, rather than the stadium.

22 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

Is the question actually correct now? When I signed up it asked, 'what is the name of Derby County's stadium' and insisted the Pride Park Stadium was incorrect. The required answer was Pride Park - the name of the trading estate, rather than the stadium.

You're asked what year the club was formed now.

Archived