Paul Clement - England

PGApro

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw enough from Clement in his time here to be sure he has a good future in the game.

Perhaps he thinks going back as Carlo's number 2 might just send a wrong impression about how he sees his career developing.

Anyway, didn't work out here despite having at least got the team to a position that was hardly a disaster, best of luck to him.

I doubt he will have a future in England, especially at a club in the lower divisions. Fans expect committed performance from every player. Paul take much more of a professional outlook where every game is treated the same.

He has worked with the best players in the world where sheer flashes of brilliance can win game. His style is very defensive, and I got the impression that he focused more on the opposition then our own performance.

He was the highest paid manager in the league which adds to the disappointment for me.

I still think he'd have been a success here under different circumstances. Results and performances would have changed given time. The guy is full of talent and integrity, it just didn't work out. He'll have learnt from his time here and I've no doubt he'll be a successful manager in the future. 

Archived