last 8 games

Derbylad92

5 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

5 wins and a draw puts us on 80 points I think?

win all remaining games and we finish on 88 points.

Yeah, 4 wins and two draws gets us 78

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well it's very difficult to predict the number of points we can achieve over the last 8 games of the season. Especially when we have only managed 17 points over the last 15 games out of the 45 points that were available. It's very hard to accept in hindsight that we achieved an amazing 36 points over the previous 15 games from the 45 points available. It all seems a long time ago now sadly.

On current playing form I can't see us getting anymore at best than 14 or 15 points from the remaining 24 points available. That will give us 78 or 79 points. That should be good enough for 5th or 6th in the Play Offs. The Auto's are unfortunately gone, unless of course you believe in miracles.

As for the two automatic places the next two games to be played in the Championship could have a large bearing on which two teams finally finish at the top. If QPR beat Boro at home on the Friday evening & Brighton manage to beat Burnley in the early kick off on the Saturday. Then I can't see any other top two other than Burnley & Brighton come 5.00pm on the 7th of May. 

15 minutes ago, TETRA said:

Well it's very difficult to predict the number of points we can achieve over the last 8 games of the season. Especially when we have only managed 17 points over the last 15 games out of the 45 points that were available. It's very hard to accept in hindsight that we achieved an amazing 36 points over the previous 15 games from the 45 points available. It all seems a long time ago now sadly.

On current playing form I can't see us getting anymore at best than 14 or 15 points from the remaining 24 points available. That will give us 78 or 79 points. That should be good enough for 5th or 6th in the Play Offs. The Auto's are unfortunately gone, unless of course you believe in miracles.

As for the two automatic places the next two games to be played in the Championship could have a large bearing on which two teams finally finish at the top. If QPR beat Boro at home on the Friday evening & Brighton manage to beat Burnley in the early kick off on the Saturday. Then I can't see any other top two other than Burnley & Brighton come 5.00pm on the 7th of May. 

PS I do not think you are sexy in any way shape or form TETRA (although you may be)!:ph34r:

7 hours ago, toddy said:

With the squad we have we should be winning at least 7 of them -draw at Brighton.

Realistically the way we are playing at the moment maybe wins against Bolton, Charlton, Ipswich & draws Cardiff, Hull, Wendies, Bristol -

13 pts

Averaging out what you state we should be winning given the strength of our squad we would end the season with 120 points and that assumes we lose all the games we don't win

I'm guessing you also believe in the therapeutic properties of unicorn tears....

I counted 9 points without Arry-effect... and I don't know how much we wil gain from it. Last Saturday we had two extra points (so much better 2nd half after Arry visiting dressing room) and if that's the way it continues, we'll be in good position in playoffs.

1 hour ago, TETRA said:

_88856512_table.png

Very hard to predict...but i still think we'll get enough points from those games to make it to the play-offs.  But then given what happened last season and the form of late, it's not hard to see why some might be a little pessimistic about our chances.   I'm predicting 78 points for what it's worth. 

It is a really hard run in, we should have had this all sewn up weeks ago....and it is going to be tough to even scramble into the play offs  

lose to Cardiff (we always do) Brighton(they are flying), Charlton(just the sort of team we lose to) hull(they will still be in the hunt for second)

draw Ipswich (might be enough for both of us?)

beat Bristol,Bolton, Wednesday (first two are rubbish, and we always beat Wednseday.!-and it will be the best atmosphere of the season)

Total 74 points... Enough..? I'm not sure. 

14 points and we will be in the playoffs, with as good a chance as anyone,the games against

Cardiff and Hull will soon let us know if this is realistic, as we wont face any tougher opposition.

That second auto spot is still up for grabs, as Boro and Hull are spluttering, so you never know.

On 22 March 2016 at 17:45, Derbylad92 said:

Derby's final eight matches are against Cardiff City (a), Hull City (h), Bolton Wanderers (h), Charlton Athletic (a), Bristol City (a), Sheffield Wednesday (h), Brighton (a), Ipswich Town (h)

I expect 13 but can see us garnering no fewer than 17 if we have a reasonable run of form. If we beat Hull and Brighton and win 4 / draw 2 of the other 6, you can see results possibly falling our way. Boro still look dicey to me (no more dicey than us to be fair) and I refuse to rate Burnley (that tactic didn't work two seasons ago...but I have full confidence it will this time!)

That said, I see 13-16 points and fifth as the likely outcome. Any fewer than 10 and we could arguably miss the playoffs again.

We are actually 3 pts more worse off than this time last season and that was a disaster, so we do need a major improvement in our results, if we want the play offs.

Alternatively, it could be that all teams in the top 6 this season are actually worse than the top 6 of last season?

1 minute ago, toddy said:

We are actually 3 pts more worse off than this time last season and that was a disaster, so we do need a major improvement in our results, if we want the play offs.

Alternatively, it could be that all teams in the top 6 this season are actually worse than the top 6 of last season?

6th in form table, and 2 of the teams above us are QPR and Rotherham, so I don't think we need a major improvement in our results to make the play offs.

9 minutes ago, Srg said:

6th in form table, and 2 of the teams above us are QPR and Rotherham, so I don't think we need a major improvement in our results to make the play offs.

yep, but in that form table we have not played anybody above 10th position.

Hence my second paragraph being the case?

8 minutes ago, toddy said:

yep, but in that form table we have not played anybody above 10th position.

Hence my second paragraph being the case?

But we have played 2 of the teams above us in the form table that are picking up results against other teams, including teams in the current top 10

4 minutes ago, rynny said:

But we have played 2 of the teams above us in the form table that are picking up results against other teams, including teams in the current top 10

But we haven't played any of the top 10 ourselves  and as we have to play, Hull, Wendies, Brighton, Ipswich and Cardiff  -finishing top 6 will be hard if we don't improve our playing standard, we have struggled playing below average sides in the last 2 months, teams we would expect to beat if we are in the play off positions.

Archived