last 8 games

Derbylad92

5 minutes ago, toddy said:

But we haven't played any of the top 10 ourselves  and as we have to play, Hull, Wendies, Brighton, Ipswich and Cardiff  -finishing top 6 will be hard if we don't improve our playing standard, we have struggled playing below average sides in the last 2 months.

But there are 18 teams that haven't faired any better than ourselves in the the last 6 or so games. Keep on the current form and we will finish in the top 6, whether we improve or not, the others have to do better than ourselves, realistically we only have to match 7th's results from now until the end of the season.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, rynny said:

But there are 18 teams that haven't faired any better than ourselves in the the last 6 or so games. Keep on the current form and we will finish in the top 6, whether we improve or not, the others have to do better than ourselves, realistically we only have to match 7th's results from now until the end of the season.

Totally agree but we don't want to limp in to the play offs, we really need to improve and start playing like the first 75 minutes of the Rotherham game in every game [that's 11 games from now].

2 hours ago, toddy said:

Totally agree but we don't want to limp in to the play offs, we really need to improve and start playing like the first 75 minutes of the Rotherham game in every game [that's 11 games from now].

Like QPR did two seasons ago? They not only limped into the playoffs, they limped IN the playoffs, and were still limping 88 minutes into the playoff final...

It's 'Arry's master plan.

Limp...limp...limp...and lull our opponents into a false sense of security...or possibly a true sense of security.

2 hours ago, toddy said:

Was it Palace that won something like 2 of their last 13 scraped into the play offs then won them at a canter? Form going into the play offs doesn't mean anything.

2 minutes ago, rynny said:

Was it Palace that won something like 2 of their last 13 scraped into the play offs then won them at a canter? Form going into the play offs doesn't mean anything.

Of course, the only problem with that comparison is that, if we continue our up and down form, we will likely miss the playoffs.

We have used up almost our entire buffer already...

8 minutes ago, RamDon said:

Of course, the only problem with that comparison is that, if we continue our up and down form, we will likely miss the playoffs.

We have used up almost our entire buffer already...

My point was that form isn't an indicator of how the play offs will go.

4 hours ago, RamDon said:

Like QPR did two seasons ago? They not only limped into the playoffs, they limped IN the playoffs, and were still limping 88 minutes into the playoff final...

It's 'Arry's master plan.

Limp...limp...limp...and lull our opponents into a false sense of security...or possibly a true sense of security.

Nope, again incorrect- QPR finished 7 pts ahead of 5th spot.......

I agree with much of the sentiment here in that we will be in the play offs and may not get there with style and panache but it's a funny old game and I have a sense that by season's end we will have hit form and begun to gel .. Then it's anyone's guess .. I don't fancy the bus car park in Wembley again but feel it looming large 

I am not going to predict how many points,because this season nothing should be taken for granted.I would be amazed if we don't get to play-offs. Mind you I said that last season. The main thing in our favour is that no other team around us seems capable of going on a decent run.

14 hours ago, jono said:

I agree with much of the sentiment here in that we will be in the play offs and may not get there with style and panache but it's a funny old game and I have a sense that by season's end we will have hit form and begun to gel .. Then it's anyone's guess .. I don't fancy the bus car park in Wembley again but feel it looming large 

I'd go on the train if it comes to that.

Personally, I also think we could find some form- the squad is certainly good enough. I saw encouraging signs in the Forest game, not in terms of free-flowing, attractive football but in terms of fight and determination.

Interesting to see a wide variety of what points we will get in the run in, and also the amount of points required for a play off place. We all need to look at the bigger picture, which is the other contenders fixtures. Also would our last game against Ipswich be as hard, we could be possibly playing them out the reckoning at that stage. Burnley have Brighton (A), Cardiff (H), Birmingham (A) and Boro (H) to play out of the contenders. Brighton have Burnley (H), Birmingham (A), Derby (H) and Boro (A). M'boro have Birmingham (A), Burnley (A), Ipswich (H) and Brighton (H). Hull have Derby (A). Sheff W. have Ipswich (H), Derby (A) and Cardiff (H). Cardiff have Derby (H), Burnley (A), Sheff W. (A) and Birmingham (H). Ipswich have Sheff W (A) Boro (A) and Derby (A). Birmingham have Brighton (H), Burnley(H), Boro (H) and Cardiff (A). 

They will all drop points against each other as well as points against teams not in top 9 current places. Still a lot of games where some contenders will lose form, lose nailed on 3pt matches, lose key players to injury or suspensions. At the moment there is 9 teams in the mix for promotion. Only three teams will get it, who I don't know. Its been a strange season, who would have predicted Champions Chelsea being off the pace all season, the Foxes being nailed on for a champions league placing and possibly as champs.

On 21/03/2016 at 16:26, MuespachRam said:

It is a really hard run in, we should have had this all sewn up weeks ago....and it is going to be tough to even scramble into the play offs  

lose to Cardiff (we always do) Brighton(they are flying), Charlton(just the sort of team we lose to) hull(they will still be in the hunt for second)

draw Ipswich (might be enough for both of us?)

beat Bristol,Bolton, Wednesday (first two are rubbish, and we always beat Wednseday.!-and it will be the best atmosphere of the season)

Total 74 points... Enough..? I'm not sure. 

We always lose to Cardiff...apart from being unbeaten in the last 5 you mean?

13 hours ago, Rampage said:

With a fully fit Will Hughes, all things are possible. 14 points

I know he is back in training but the problem is, it will take a few games to get Will match fit  - the season might be over by then.

16 points, 4 wins & 4 draws or the equivalent (e.g. 5 wins 1 draw 2 defeats), 80 points for the season, that will put us 4th or 5th, am optimistic about playoff semis but not so much about the final.  A bit of deja vu creeping in, hope I'm wrong and that we do a 2007 again at Wem-ber-ley and then do a darn sight better than last time when we go up!

Archived