last 8 games

Derbylad92

Our last 8 games coming up how many points do people think we will get and looking at what games are left is automatic promotion really out the window? 

Derby's final eight matches are against Cardiff City (a), Hull City (h), Bolton Wanderers (h), Charlton Athletic (a), Bristol City (a), Sheffield Wednesday (h), Brighton (a), Ipswich Town (h)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To think at the start of the season it looked like we had an easier run in and that we were favourites for promotion, it's a funny old game !! 

If we play to our potential and as a team I think a draw against Cardiff and a loss to Brighton, the rest we should / could win !

So 19 points !

compared with 12 points out of our last eight games

With the squad we have we should be winning at least 7 of them -draw at Brighton.

Realistically the way we are playing at the moment maybe wins against Bolton, Charlton, Ipswich & draws Cardiff, Hull, Wendies, Bristol -

13 pts

Is there any evidence that momentum into the playoffs matters? 

Obviously, I'd like us to have "momentum" because it'd mean we're winning, I'm just curious.

We realistically need at least 5, if not 7, points out of Wednesday, Cardiff and Hull, if only to keep the first two at arms length. 

Cardiff (A) - Draw would be a solid result, depends what Cardiff team turns up
Wendies (H) - Win - got a feeling about this one, done well out of the Owls at home recently, plus home form has been decent under Wassall.
'ull (H) - Draw/Win - again depends on what team shows up.

Pessimist in me says 2 points thought.

1 minute ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

I was going to be dismissive as say something like if we get 24 pts I'll eat my hat. But I don't like taking risks, no matter how slight, so I'll instead say that if we get 24 pts I'll donate £240 to the charity of your choice. 

5 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I was going to be dismissive as say something like if we get 24 pts I'll eat my hat. But I don't like taking risks, no matter how slight, so I'll instead say that if we get 24 pts I'll donate £240 to the charity of your choice. 

Sense uk DeafBlind charity. 

Archived