If you were Mel, what would you do.

ossieram

Personally after reading and hearing some of the poxy stuff Derby fans are saying about him I would talk to Fawaz and ask if he had any thicker family members and sell the club to him.  

I remember how Lionel was slated and driven out of the club by certain sections of our support and really hoped people would have learnt from previous mistakes. 

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, ossieram said:

I remember how Lionel was slated and driven out of the club by certain sections of our support and really hoped people would have learnt from previous mistakes. 

Who says its a mistake? Where's the evidence he's a good thing for the Club?

My friend that is a total distortion of what happened at the time.I happen to know through being part of his circle of friends the real truth.I am not going into more detail,it's still too soon.It didn't happen like that,unfortunately the real truth couldn't be told.

Wipe my tears with my money...

in all seriousness, I can envisage two scenarios, neither of which I find inviting.

Hes either too stubborn and arrogant to see that this is a superb self-immolation of a football club. In which case...well, I don't want to think about it.

or

He realises he's made some major errors but doesn't want to admit he's failed. I remember him saying at that forum thing on YouTube that 'I don't fail at things' and as such is committed to the current course of action in the hope that we come out of the other side

Just now, ossieram said:

And if the decent manager he has in mind isn't available until after the season has ended?

Come out, front up and admit he made a balls of it. I'd respect that a lot. I don't have a problem with mistakes, as long as they are addressed and admitted and not repeated 

If I was MM I would be pleased to see we can still do the positive stuff coupled with frustration from the inexperienced manager.

also I would know who I wanted full time ( which I am sure he does ) which again leads me to believe either the manager we want does not want a job until the summer or they are currently under contract and want to see the season out with their present employers, frustrating for us but patience is the key as we need to get it right.

If I were Mel, I'd concentrate being an owner. Have wine with sponsors and give away free coffee to the fans while Sam Rush would take care of football part of the business.

And I'd definitely stay out of the changing room... And I'd avoid saying absolute things like "Wassall will stay 'til the summer" as if things don't go well, you're either liar or look stupid.

Those are the starters. Lower the profile, better the owner. Just look at Venky's or Fawaz or compare to our last ones. When they are silent, there's not much wrong in their doing.

Archived