If you were Mel, what would you do.

ossieram

4 minutes ago, clough08 said:

If I was Mel I would refund season ticket holders for having killed the season half way through when we could have been right up there if he had kept Clement or replaced him with someone competent. To do neither is an insult to fans.

Bring back Clough ?

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12 March 2016 at 09:31, ossieram said:

Personally after reading and hearing some of the poxy stuff Derby fans are saying about him I would talk to Fawaz and ask if he had any thicker family members and sell the club to him.  

I remember how Lionel was slated and driven out of the club by certain sections of our support and really hoped people would have learnt from previous mistakes. 

A large part of me agrees with you on this.

There's no doubt in my mind that some of the criticism has been way OTT, just as it was in relation to Clement and McClaren. The parallel you draw with Lionel is completely appropriate.

Equally, there's no doubt that we are fortunate to have a wealthy owner who genuinely loves the club but....

...he has made some awful mistakes and it isn't clear that he understands that.

There are times when I wonder if part of our fan base has almost become too 'entitled'.

If I were Mel I'd stop reading message boards, after all trying to pander to a noisey minority of Internet posters is only likely to increase abuse of any errors in judgement I make.

Would also start questioning my sanity getting involved in football club ownership, spunking my personal fortune for what? To try and obtain glory for the team I have always supported. Pah clearly all this does is create personal vilification on a grand scale. Why don't I gamble my money owning race horses, I could get just as much a fix and far less abuse.

Maybe I should look for 3 amigos to sell out to, forget football, it's just not worth the hassle.

If I was Mel I'd hold my nerve right now.

The 80 minutes on Saturday were very good indeed, although perhaps not the best we've played in a couple of seasons, despite what Bryson thought.

The 10 minutes that followed were horrendous, but does anyone think Wassall would make the same subs again if he could go back?

No chance, he'll learn from that and if we can replicate the good parts of the performance going forward we could still salvage something from the mess, starting Saturday.

I were mel I'd be doing what a fair few people watching and supprting the club are doing. Backing away while the odd one or two nutjobs go crazy. 

I really don't understand the expectation this season all of a sudden, most people were happy for play offs at the start considing the struggles of gelling lots of new players and where are we right now? 

One last thing, if mel hadn't come in then the most We' d have to get exited about is the idea of either a past it loan player or a loan player way too young who if any good we lose anyway 

Archived