If you were Mel, what would you do.

ossieram

12 minutes ago, sage said:

This.

Mostyn, before you go any further please note that I-Ram said 'inadvertently or not', he didn't suggest you caused havoc on purpose. However you did cause havoc and the spite between those who see themselves as rebels or outsiders against a forum clique poisons every thread.

Isn't that a problem that the 'outsiders' need to come to terms with? Speaking as a poisonous forum clique member, I can't see what I/we can do to kiss it better.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, sage said:

This.

Mostyn, before you go any further please note that I-Ram said 'inadvertently or not', he didn't suggest you caused havoc on purpose. However you did cause havoc and the spite between those who see themselves as rebels or outsiders against a forum clique poisons every thread.

fair enough Sage. Cannot pretend I'm not shell-shocked by the reaction some of us received. I was not the only poster saying the same things in that thread, but I'm the only one vilified for it.

If I were Mel .. I would stick to my plan ( that was revised following the failure of PC to get results or play with style ) 

rememeber PC's record ... Slow start .. Allowable because He was a new man ... Followed by golden patch where he gained Mel's confidence and was then given serious cash to spend .. Followed by lousy results and grim style over a period of 8 + games. 

The plan being ..1)  To see if DW is any good while he seeks out a suitable replacement. 2) Back said DW until either he turns good or a new man is found.

He has intelligently attempted to give DW firm ground to stand on by saying the job is his to end of season, so the man gets a crack at it regardless and at the same time told everyone and given himself the space to keep looking for the right candidate. 

Appendix B ... To ignore all the vitreol being spewed out on forums as the outpourings of small minded short sighted twerps. 

5 hours ago, Inglorius said:

Serious question do you actually think someone would bother to go to the lengths of creating 2 profiles just to add extra credence to their own personal agenda, if that were the case then there must be scores of multiple accounts on here given the drivel some posters spout

Eddie is also Curtains... And I claim my fiver. 

34 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

fair enough Sage. Cannot pretend I'm not shell-shocked by the reaction some of us received. I was not the only poster saying the same things in that thread, but I'm the only one vilified for it.

everyone got stick for it, some more than others. You weren't the only one who posted things no.

55 minutes ago, sage said:

This.

And there you have the inherent dangers of sharing information with a select group of people

1 minute ago, Mostyn6 said:

39 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Hmm this is stretching the point. You technically weren't the only one, however...

You did practically go 'we know something you don;t know' then Daveo had to pull the thread to assemble a wider range of posts.

You did then dominate the thread.

Since that point you have come across as Mel's defence attorney.

I'm not suggesting you did all this on purpose and it's a complete overreaction by some of those on the forum, however in my opinion your transformation on the road to Damascus and subsequent over excitement gave succour to the cynics..  

16 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

And there you have the inherent dangers of sharing information with a select group of people

Only if the other people don't have the emotional intelligence and maturity to cope with someone knowing something they don't or realising that someone may something to a few people that they wouldn't necessarily broadcast to the world.   

Just now, sage said:

Only if the other people don't have the emotional intelligence and maturity to cope with someone knowing something they don't or realising that someone may something to a few people that they wouldn't necessarily broadcast to the world.   

Agreed so is therefore an inherent danger as I first postulated

1 hour ago, Mostyn6 said:

doesn't take a sleuth to work out you're talking about me i-Ram, but I will say you're talking out of your arse. I had no intention of creating havoc, meltdown or whatever. I attempted to convey why I understood Mel's decision. The meltdown was because it got twisted by people thinking Mel had shared secrets with us, when all it was was that I was reluctant to mention that Mel criticised the fitness. I've never once said I would've given the job to Wassall, I have always said Mel shouldn't have gone into the dressing room, and said it to his face. I've even said that I want Mel to fade into the background and let Sam Rush make the decisions. AS for sacking Clement, I agree with Mel, deal with it.

I would appreciate if you didn't misrepresent my views in order to get your fix of cyber-bullying or whatever your agenda is! You're a better person than that.

If you need me to re-iterate my opinion, then just ask. But don't confuse my disgust at classless fans hounding out Wassall with me being firmly in Mel's camp, cos I am not. If you feel the need to lampoon anyone on a football forum for having an opinion different to yours, then feel free to step in to the classless camp.

Context is everything they say Mostyn. Fact I find more important.

Firstly, my post was in direct response to Alpha, and his suggestion that I had somewhere said or implicated that the breakfast attendees were gullible fools, etc. Not and never the case. Alpha apparently came to this mistaken view after a post I made yesterday where I suggested that you were an (over) enthusiastic cheerleader for Mel Morris. You would have seen it as I directly quoted you. You may have also seen Ramnut's wonderful follow up.

Now I come on to this forum for two reasons. I get a chance to read up on all matters Derby, and I get the anonymity to behave like an @rse (or cyber-bully if you prefer). 

You have been 'parody gold' in my opinion over recent weeks, although the "Mel is great" support you keep peddling is now becoming a bit tedious in my view. Not to say you should stop posting it. Your opinion is as valid as mine.  

However, I remain of the view that on the day of the breakfast you came on to this forum like Billy Big ****** and created, and ultimately closed, a thread which was fantastically "car crash" entertaining. I was on, and gripped, by the original thread that Daveo pulled, and much havoc was caused, inadvertently or not, by you suggesting that you and your fellow attendees were fed breakfast, but more importantly some information, which wasn't to be shared with the non-attendees. You can, and have tried repeatedly, to side step that indiscretion, but there has been a subsequent meltdown on this forum where a "them and us" mentality has undoubtedly developed. It has got so bad that even good old Alpha appears to be seeing ghosts. 

Now I am not saying stop or amend your posting, or post an apology, or do anything in fact, other than to just be more self-aware that your continued happy clapping and pot stirring may not be helpful to Forum harmony given the background context. Just as an after thought, it might also be a consideration to see if your doctor might not think it a good time to ease you off the 'uppers'. (That's 'me' being an @rse again - the real me is delighted you appear back in improved health).

Tell Wassall to get back for u21 roles and leave it to 1 senior player to take over until end of the season. 

Then appoint new manager ASAP! 

9 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Tell Wassall to get back for u21 roles and leave it to 1 senior player to take over until end of the season. 

Then appoint new manager ASAP! 

rediculous. Wassall has coaching experience, limited I know but that's better than putting a player in charge.

Archived