If you were Mel, what would you do.

ossieram

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. Stop having pseudo charm offensives with supporters over breakfast to try and justify why he made an appalling decision getting rid of Clement with no feasible replacement available 

2. Put Wassall back in charge of the U21s

3. Evaluate honestly what went wrong with Clement then select a manager at variance to this

4. Stop going into dressings rooms to give the players a piece of your mind

Easy peasy Lemon Squeezy

2 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

1. Stop having pseudo charm offensives with supporters over breakfast to try and justify why he made an appalling decision getting rid of Clement with no feasible replacement available 

2. Put Wassall back in charge of the U21s

3. Evaluate honestly what went wrong with Clement then select a manager at variance to this

4. Stop going into dressings rooms to give the players a piece of your mind

Easy peasy Japanesey 

Racist!

but regards one of your points, the breakfast meeting was planned way before Morris sacked Clembo, we all thought it would be cancelled.

3 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Racist!

but regards one of your points, the breakfast meeting was planned way before Morris sacked Clembo, we all thought it would be cancelled.

Have changed my closing remark lol ok fair comment though cynically was the meeting resurrected after he decided to bullet Clement as part of his PR charm offensive

5 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Racist!

I wished it had been, with the benefit of hindsight.

11 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

So if there's another one, cross your name off now?

7 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Racist!

When you say way, do you mean weeks, or maybe months? Call me cynical, which I am, but Mel is a clever man, and this was a very good way of getting some things out to the fans without having to use the press.

Not that it's really relevant either way, all joking aside, it was a harmless action which wouldn't have changed where we are today, and the brainwashing didn't seem to work on all and having been to school with you, I do know there is one in there :-)

I would come out and be honest with the fans , if clement had to go for reasons that can't be made public then say so, if it was for football reasons and he thought wass could do a better job say so, apologise to the paying fans and wass ,whilst making it clear we will be appointing a proper manager with experience to to the job in due course , if wass is interim and we are waiting till summer as our target coach can't come till then ,ffs say so , total honesty and or the ability to admit mistakes and learn from them are about the only qualities and actions that can rescue the situation and restore faith thereby stopping Morris becoming a mistrusted almost hated figure amongst a large section of our fans and reducing his take over and reign into a clusterfuck that ends in tears for ALL concerned ,,, honesty and humility needed to reunited our club and fans and move forward to a great future,,,,,, simples?

10 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

When you say way, do you mean weeks, or maybe months? Call me cynical, which I am, but Mel is a clever man, and this was a very good way of getting some things out to the fans without having to use the press.

Not that it's really relevant either way, all joking aside, it was a harmless action which wouldn't have changed where we are today, and the brainwashing didn't seem to work on all and having been to school with you, I do know there is one in there :-)

I'll take that as a compliment, I think?

can I copy your answer?

8 minutes ago, archied said:

I would come out and be honest with the fans , if clement had to go for reasons that can't be made public then say so, if it was for football reasons and he thought wass could do a better job say so, apologise to the paying fans and wass ,whilst making it clear we will be appointing a proper manager with experience to to the job in due course , if wass is interim and we are waiting till summer as our target coach can't come till then ,ffs say so , total honesty and or the ability to admit mistakes and learn from them are about the only qualities and actions that can rescue the situation and restore faith thereby stopping Morris becoming a mistrusted almost hated figure amongst a large section of our fans and reducing his take over and reign into a clusterfuck that ends in tears for ALL concerned ,,, honesty and humility needed to reunited our club and fans and move forward to a great future,,,,,, simples?

He says he is being honest.

PC wasn't buying into the philosophy. Performances were not improving. There was no off the field issues. 

Wassell had shown signs he could make the step up and deserved a chance. 

I'm not sure what would have to be said so you'll think the truth has been told. I think maybe you think something different and will only believe it's true if you hear what you want. 

It's all conjecture and we don't know what happened. However we probably have been given more information direct from the horse's mouth than most/all other clubs are willing to share publicly with their fans.

2 minutes ago, Boycie said:

I'm looking back at Pm's and I'm taking a stab that the initial approach would have been in the week commencing 18 jan?

So after Reading when he probably knew what was coming.

it would have been even more incredible if PC was still in post. What would his line have been then?

10 hours ago, ossieram said:

And if the decent manager he has in mind isn't available until after the season has ended?

See if ramie fancies the job till the end of the season. Anyone but Wassal those tactics yesterday we shocking, but his interview even worse. Hiding from any of the blame. You could tell he knew he fu**ed up yet didn't have the balls to admit it. As he said "the substitutions had nothing to do with it". I can remember the boro game when clement come out and took the majority of the blame for the change he made, at least he had a reason for the gamble

2 minutes ago, RamNut said:

So after Reading when he probably knew what was coming.

it would have been even more incredible if PC was still in post. What would his line have been then?

Well I assume it would be to all get behind Clem? What else could he of said?  "I'll tell you what, Clems crap but I'm giving him a few more games, don't put this on the forum?"

Archived