If you were Mel, what would you do.

ossieram

I wouldn't read a lot of this forum. If he does he must think there are a hell of a lot of ungrateful people out there. 

I can remember going back to just before NC got the sack and a lot of people were wanting the 'Yanks' out. People's opinions soon changed when the results started to improve.

So if I was Mel what would I do?

Stick to the plan and make it work. You can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Why?

People are still suggesting that the meeting was called in order for Mel Morris to be able to do a whitewash job in order to explain away his decision to sack Clement. Eventually, this will become accepted as 'the truth', as lies repeated have a tendency to be.

The last time there were similar fractious goings-on at the club, with a divided fan-base for a long period of time was when the Amigos were running the show. It started as pro and anti Keith, Murdo et al, then bizarrely when we had them on the run and they were largely discredited it became Rams Trust v Rams Protest Group when we all wanted the same thing.

In one person's eyes, I obviously chose the wrong side of that argument - and let's just say something happened that I am not prepared to go into on a messageboard.

5 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Well I assume it would be to all get behind Clem? What else could he of said?  "I'll tell you what, Clems crap but I'm giving him a few more games, don't put this on the forum?"

Get behind clem. Interesting :huh:

3 minutes ago, eddie said:

In one person's eyes, I obviously chose the wrong side of that argument - and let's just say something happened that I am not prepared to go into on a messageboard.

That wasn't when someone flung beer over you at the Birmingham away game was it

2 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

That wasn't when someone flung beer over you at the Birmingham away game was it

No. This was something altogether more sinister, and it was while the DET site was still active.

7 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Get behind clem. Interesting :huh:

Well what do you think Morris would have said if say Mostyn had of asked if Morris still thinks Clem was the right choice?

what was Morris telling the local news and sky sports when asked what would happen if they failed to get promoted again?

4 minutes ago, eddie said:

People are still suggesting that the meeting was called in order for Mel Morris to be able to do a whitewash job in order to explain away his decision to sack Clement. Eventually, this will become accepted as 'the truth', as lies repeated have a tendency to be.

It was a great opportunity to quizz him.

from the outside it seemed strange that so many came away convinced that MM was making great decisions; were super-motivated to challenge sceptics; and were convinced everything was so rosy. Of course MM will give his perspective - and its great if that is at least the truth as he sees it, rather than the spin that the PR bloke started spewing. of course he will be hoping that people are charmed and go away to sell a positive message. but there was so much to challenge. The thing which seems to sum up the shift in the perspective was boycie's 'back peddling' post to Alpha. 

One of the most interesting and unexpected aspects was the total character assassination job on PC. That seems like a lose-lose strategy. It suggests a recruitment cocck up and/or a strange disharmony behind the scenes. It seemed that everyone accepted all the criticisms without challenge - hook, line, beans, and sinker. There is also alot of truth in the fact that the forum reaction was tainted by the suggestion of secrets not to be divulged which was then subsequently denied.

but overall it was still a good thing to go surely?

Appoint an experienced quality manager, allow them to actually manage the team, allow the coaching staff to actually decide what players they need to strengthen the squad rather than present them with a list of the chod I've decided I want at the club, stay out of the dressing room unless I've been invited in by the manager or we've just won promotion to the Premier League and communicate with the fans during the rough times as well as the good. If I can't promise myself to stick to these principles, then walk away from DCFC and leave it someone who can.

49 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

He says he is being honest.

PC wasn't buying into the philosophy. Performances were not improving. There was no off the field issues. 

Wassell had shown signs he could make the step up and deserved a chance. 

I'm not sure what would have to be said so you'll think the truth has been told.

It's the truth I'm worried about, I was hoping PC did get the sack for gross misconduct tbh. Morris is Joe Stalin and I claim my £5!

Oh and what has he done for us that is so good for the Club, that the Yanks weren't doing?

41 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Well what do you think Morris would have said if say Mostyn had of asked if Morris still thinks Clem was the right choice?

what was Morris telling the local news and sky sports when asked what would happen if they failed to get promoted again?

He's already answered that.

he said that  yes he was the right choice; and yes he was right to sack him.

The problem Mel has is trying to keep the fans happy, whilst trying not to make the same mistake again.

Who is to say Mel hasn't already spoke to all the good managers we have named , and they have declined..

The problem is now does he gamble again, and choose a second choice manager (if the paragraph above is true) and risk further damage to his relationship with the fans, Or does he stick it with Walsall until the end of the season, and get the right man in to build again..

Either way you look at it, Mel has to make sure his next decision is the right one.

4 minutes ago, RamNut said:

He's already answered that.

he said that  yes he was the right choice; and yes he was right to sack him.

did you read my post? Maybe it was written poorly, as normal.

i was referring to the fact that the meeting was set up pre sacking, and what would Morris have said if a question regarding recent results had come up, with Clem still at the club.

he has to make a very important appointment. He can't wait until the summer to start sounding out candidates.

• the easy option would be to appoint the nutcase Pearson, because of his availability and apparent interest in the job.
  • the more risky option would be to go after Rowett and risk a rejection which would mean that whoever he subsequently appointed would then be seen as second choice.
  • he can't appoint DW unless there is a spectacular improvement and a play off final minimum,  because the fans are not exactly taking to darren very well atm. There is still a chance of that.
  • He produces a rabbit out of the hat - a big name no 2 or someone who has has previous success elsewhere.i can't see him attracting a manager of callibre who will accept the recruitment restrictions so he may be prepared to drop that daftness. 
  • the desperation option - igor or something equally daft.
  • my hunch - Martin O'Neill with Wassall as assistant. A face saving way out.

1 hour ago, RamNut said:

It was a great opportunity to quizz him.

from the outside it seemed strange that so many came away convinced that MM was making great decisions; were super-motivated to challenge sceptics; and were convinced everything was so rosy. Of course MM will give his perspective - and its great if that is at least the truth as he sees it, rather than the spin that the PR bloke started spewing. of course he will be hoping that people are charmed and go away to sell a positive message. but there was so much to challenge. The thing which seems to sum up the shift in the perspective was boycie's 'back peddling' post to Alpha. 

One of the most interesting and unexpected aspects was the total character assassination job on PC. That seems like a lose-lose strategy. It suggests a recruitment cocck up and/or a strange disharmony behind the scenes. It seemed that everyone accepted all the criticisms without challenge - hook, line, beans, and sinker. There is also alot of truth in the fact that the forum reaction was tainted by the suggestion of secrets not to be divulged which was then subsequently denied.

but overall it was still a good thing to go surely?

Hindsight suggests that it may have been counter-productive

Just now, reveldevil said:

I'm sorry mate, you've lost me?

Have I mixed you up rev?

I had a rant about jokes about Mel's breakfast club jibes. I thought you were one of the jokers when I was taking myself too seriously. 

nvm!

Just now, Alpha said:

Have I mixed you up rev?

I had a rant about jokes about Mel's breakfast club jibes. I thought you were one of the jokers when I was taking myself too seriously. 

nvm!

Don't remember posting anything on the subject, other than its unfair to give the attendees a hard time when people were kicking off a few weeks back.

RamNuts mills and boon post was very funny though.

Archived