If you were Mel, what would you do.

ossieram

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, davenportram said:

rediculous. Wassall has coaching experience, limited I know but that's better than putting a player in charge.

Ridiculous* Wassall is useless and need to go back to u21. 

4 hours ago, i-Ram said:

Both your mood and memory are out of kilter Alpha. 

I don't think any of the "breakfastees" are gullible nor do I think there is any need for them to justify their attendance, their participation on the day or subsequent postings. I welcomed all information supplied, and I hope such meetings continue.

I remain firmly of the view however that one attendee, inadvertently or not, created havoc on this forum, by posting information that was always likely to exacerbate a meltdown. Said attendee ever since the breakfast has also posted in a consistent style which suggests he may have had a "Mel Morris is King" DVD shoved up his @rse.  Again l have no problem with that. However, neither do l have any guilt lampooning that attendee and I guess Ramnut feels the same way.

It was quite good by RamNut tbf. 

20 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Tell Wassall to get back for u21 roles and leave it to 1 senior player to take over until end of the season. 

Then appoint new manager ASAP! 

Are you being serious?

2 minutes ago, bigbadbob said:

Yea that's a great idea

I'd love it but Wassall still in charge for 9 more games plus extra 3 if still ind the playoffs, really need him to get back to u21 ASAP! 

Just now, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

I'd love it but Wassall still in charge for 9 more games plus extra 3 if still ind the playoffs, really need him to get back to u21 ASAP! 

and replace him with who? And explain why that would be better? Anyone can post an idea, for it to be taken seriously you have to provide some sort of sensible reasoning behind it

16 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Tell Wassall to get back for u21 roles and leave it to 1 senior player to take over until end of the season. 

Then appoint new manager ASAP! 

Something I hadn't thought about now is that we don't really have a senior pro. Especially with Warnock and Baird being shipped out. Is the oldest Shackell? Or could it go to a keeper, Carson? I'm not sure about either. Mel chose Wass ahead of Kevin Phillips too. Is Bryson a leader of men? I'm not sure. For me, the only player in the squad who really is a leader of men is Thorne, but he's too young and could do without the responsibility for now.

Of course there's been newspaper talk that Ince Snr has been having more influence. Out of the frying pan...

7 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Something I hadn't thought about now is that we don't really have a senior pro. Especially with Warnock and Baird being shipped out. Is the oldest Shackell? Or could it go to a keeper, Carson? I'm not sure about either. Mel chose Wass ahead of Kevin Phillips too. Is Bryson a leader of men? I'm not sure. For me, the only player in the squad who really is a leader of men is Thorne, but he's too young and could do without the responsibility for now.

Of course there's been newspaper talk that Ince Snr has been having more influence. Out of the frying pan...

I'm going for Bucko. P.S Nolan haven't got coaching badges and doing alright at Leyton Orient. Anyone but Wassall need to get back to u21 role ASAP. 

15 minutes ago, davenportram said:

rediculous. Wassall has coaching experience, limited I know but that's better than putting a player in charge.

Not necessarily, if coaching experience includes your team coasting at 3-0 then taking off your midfield defensive cover and the one player who can hold the ball up, and replacing them with 2 forward players. Utter madness, coaching badges or not!

Having said that, I don't see any senior players in the current set-up who I would trust to do a competent stand-in job to take us to the end if the season. If he was still here, Eustace would have been a consideration.

It was reported today that Mel Morris saw a little old lady struggling badly with a load of shopping bags in Marks and Sparks car parks and asked with concern. Can you manage love ?she replied sod off ,I don't want the job

If I was Mel I would refund season ticket holders for having killed the season half way through when we could have been right up there if he had kept Clement or replaced him with someone competent. To do neither is an insult to fans.

Archived