Nigel Clough/Burton Albion/Bris/Ronnie troll fest

Holdontightuk

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, angieram said:

We'll,  that was 90 minutes of my life I'll not get back. 

Congratulations to Burton Albion - have they bought our Mason yet? 

if we get promoted the I could see

1) Buxton to Burton

2) Grant to Burton

3) Bennett to Burton

will we have our normal Friendly v Burton next season? And will it be friendly

Well to to Burton and Nigel. Clearly some of the credit has to go to JFL, but Nigel managed them for the majority of the season. He took over a team at the top and slipped by one place- but many teams fall off a little despite being at the top in mid-season, usually with the same manger. Nigel did a good job.

I can't think of a better manager for Burton to have next season. Burton will be the tiddlers in the division, and we've seen Yeovil and MK struggle from that position recently. I suspect that Nigel will keep them up for the two or three seasons that they'll need to mature into a true Championship club. Nigel is an expert at staying in the division and gradually building a competitive squad on a shoestring. 

1 minute ago, top 6 finish said:

How many promotions? none.Was totally out of his depth with us,got the sack about 3 years too late.Nobody else got us out of the championship ? What about Billy Davies ? If you are talking about 2nd tier to 1st tier,loads more including his dad..We wasted nearly 4 years with him,dreadful football,took us backwards. Steve McLaren showed us how it should be done.

sure he got Burton a promotion in the early 2000's, and seeing a lot on here think JHB deserves more credit for this one ots only fair Clough gets the credit for the promotion from the conference.

I could gloat but what's the point really.

Anyone with half a brain can see the numpties for what they are. Anyone with half a brain can see the league one finishing table.

There are a couple of posters on here who'll be close to tears that Clough has got them up.

Knowing how disappointed and hate filled they'll be tonight is enough for me and will make my celebratory bottle of tequila and chocolate scottish muffin taste a hell of a lot sweeter.

Andale! Andale! Arriba! Arriba!

Sigh :-)

Speaking of Radio WM.

Congrats too to Walsall FC.

to win your last four games including a 0-5 against Port Vale today and finish a point short of automatic promotion is a great achievement.

It was also good to hear their fans singing "We're going to Wembley" as soon as the Doncaster game ended and they were still playing.

This is what the game is about!

Sith Happens
1 minute ago, ronnieronalde said:

I could gloat but what's the point really.

Anyone with half a brain can see the numpties for what they are. Anyone with half a brain can see the league one finishing table.

There are a couple of posters on here who'll be close to tears that Clough has got them up.

Knowing how disappointed and hate filled they'll be tonight is enough for me and will make my celebratory bottle of tequila and chocolate scottish muffin taste a hell of a lot sweeter.

Andale! Andale! Arriba! Arriba!

Sigh :-)

bottle of tequila? blimey tomorrow you will wake up and have forgotton what day it is never mind that Burton got promoted.

I would say have a good evening but i dont think that is in doubt :)

Well done and congratulations to Nigel Clough and the staff, players and fans at Burton Albion.

I'm pleased for him and hope he has a good go at keeping Burton up next season.

Will the Forest fans chant non league Nigel at him next season? They sure will?

Will that inspire a Burton 6 pts, sure hope so.

8 minutes ago, davenportram said:

if we get promoted the I could see

1) Buxton to Burton

2) Grant to Burton

3) Bennett to Burton

will we have our normal Friendly v Burton next season? And will it be friendly

That would be good. We need to move on some of the older fringe players. And if Mason was going to make it for us he would have done so by now. 

As for the friendly, maybe (if we go up!)

Well done Nigel. Got a feeling Bucko might go to them soon now. 

If we don't go up, I wonder how Nigel is feeling about playing us & forest? I bet he's relishing it.

11 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

image.jpeg

:whistle:

You have replied to my post,unfortunately its too small to read,but i'm sure I am not missing anything as it seems to be full of meaningless statistics. My point is that when we dumped the useless pillock who was taking us down faster than a whores drawers,we appointed  McLaren who got us playing the best football we had seen for years. Goodbye and no thanks Clough.

4 minutes ago, top 6 finish said:

You have replied to my post,unfortunately its too small to read,but i'm sure I am not missing anything as it seems to be full of meaningless statistics. My point is that when we dumped the useless pillock who was taking us down faster than a whores drawers,we appointed  McLaren who got us playing the best football we had seen for years. Goodbye and no thanks Clough.

Taking us down? We were in midtable when he was sacked exactly where we'd been for most of his tenure. That 'useless pillock' bought near enough half of the squad we're still using today, most of it on small fees.

Think the point @Burton Ram is trying to make is that all the other superior managers we've had still haven't got us up. It's almost as if the Championship is one of the toughest leagues in the world.

2 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Well done to Clough and Burton. Looking forward to seeing how they do next year. I tip them to stay up if they give Clough enough rescources to make one or two important signings.

Fair play.

That's the way to do it. Be magnanimous. It takes a strong person to act that way.

13 minutes ago, top 6 finish said:

The only meaningful statistic after 46 games in the league is where you finish. 

Fair play to Clough for bringing stability on a tight budget but that is how he works and with money he would be terrible.

He had reached as high as he could with Derby and to be honest it is Hasselbiank's team at Burton.. He just had to not **** it up and they where promoted.

Archived