Nigel Clough/Burton Albion/Bris/Ronnie troll fest

Holdontightuk

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

SCENES when Walsall win and Burton lose Walsall promoted this weekend coming up. ;)  

is this so you can do a two-dayer at Wembley? Supporting Derby on the Saturday, and then Burton on Sunday?

24 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

is this so you can do a two-dayer at Wembley? Supporting Derby on the Saturday, and then Burton on Sunday?

Only Derby not tinpot Burton. 

On 02/05/2016 at 20:03, Mostyn6 said:

That was going to be my plan. Curses, foiled again - on the other hand, at least Forest will still have a local derby next season even if we are miraculously promoted.

22 minutes ago, eddie said:

That was going to be my plan. Curses, foiled again - on the other hand, at least Forest will still have a local derby next season even if we are miraculously promoted.

No chance of that happening - I read it on here. 

Sith Happens
1 hour ago, steve brummie said:

What a season for the East Midlands!

Congrats to Burton!

Another feather in Nigel's cap!

His dad would've been proud (although he may not have admitted it!):thumbsup:

All good, Burton is actually in the west midlands though. But still fantastic news.

1 hour ago, ramsbottom said:

Well done Burton.  Good club, and fully deserved over the season.  Pleased for Nigel as well, he has his limitations but no matter what you think of him he's an honest bloke who deserves some success...

Yes absolutely right. I didn't think they would make it with that squad. They looked particularly lacking upfront and I thought they would fall short but tables don't lie and they just did enough over the season. Between them, JFH and NC have done wonders. Both have had their difficulties at times with their new Clubs but have done OK.

I recall that there was much to be said back in December so had a little wander over to the "Prodigal Son"  thread the other day. The first few pages make for great reading! Some of the resident "experts" who couldn't help themselves at the time of his appointment will be hurting this afternoon. I have never been able to decide whether they just don't know much about football or whether their irrational spite towards NC blinds them from normal assessment. Either way, they got it wrong big time.

Perhaps, on reflection, the Burton Chairman did have ambition after all and did know what he was doing, didn't appoint a "clueless" manager who is a "loser" and whose "team would finish half way down the League".

Oh Dear.... Yesterday was a bad day and George's injury has put a cloud over everything else. Today that cloud hasn't lifted but Burton's success, and Clough's, is a very welcome distraction. I'm sure there are many who think otherwise:)

PistoldPete2
12 minutes ago, top 6 finish said:

So despite NLN's best efforts Burton got promoted.He will be totally out of his depth.

Funny how NLN keeps getting promotions. He didn't seem out of his depth in the Championship. Just not quite good  enough to get us out of the Championship. Neither has anyone else... Yet.

Sith Happens
11 minutes ago, top 6 finish said:

So despite NLN's best efforts Burton got promoted.He will be totally out of his depth.

Clough has a decent record in my opinion, he took Burton from second tier Non League to the edge of promotion, he kept Derby in the championship whilst battling to balance the books and built a pretty damn decent squad.

He took over a Sheffield Utd team skirting with relegation and got them to wembley in the FA Cup, and a decent league position, then the following season got them to the semis of the league cup and in the play offs, ending with a narrow defeat in the semi final, Sheff Utd decided to sack ham clearly not happy with results, and how did they get on this season?

He then took over a Burton team doing very well, and continued to maintain their top two position and succeeded in promotion to the championship.

It doesnt read to badly to me.

Sith Happens
1 minute ago, steve brummie said:

I know, but as far as Radio WM is concerned Walsall is West Mids, Burton or East Mids.

BBC regional boundaries probably or summat!:whistle:

Im with you, i worked in Burton for years and i didnt know it wasnt east midlands, to be fair it seems like it should be both east midlands and in derbyshire.

26 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Funny how NLN keeps getting promotions. He didn't seem out of his depth in the Championship. Just not quite good  enough to get us out of the Championship. Neither has anyone else... Yet.

How many promotions? none.Was totally out of his depth with us,got the sack about 3 years too late.Nobody else got us out of the championship ? What about Billy Davies ? If you are talking about 2nd tier to 1st tier,loads more including his dad..We wasted nearly 4 years with him,dreadful football,took us backwards. Steve McLaren showed us how it should be done.

Archived