Nigel Clough/Burton Albion/Bris/Ronnie troll fest

Holdontightuk

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Bris Vegas said:

Where have I called him NLN? Or only capable of managing in League Two?

I think Clough has very good skill set in terms of player recruitment, building team morale and keeping teams ticking over in their respective division. I've never said otherwise.

I've often said Clough is not a winning manager. He had five years at Derby, losing more games than he won in every season. He went to Sheff Utd, failed to get them up despite being the biggest team in the league.

I don't feel he would ever get a football league team promoted over a 46-game season. As in, he being in charge for all 46 games. But I do believe he'd keep almost anyone up over a 46-game season.

I think Burton have one of the best possible managers to stay in the Championship. I actually thought Clough coud do a job at someone like Sunderland in the PL, believe it or not. Or failing them, at least a Rotherham.

He's brilliant at finding vaue-for-money players, and we had for the large part a great team spirit under him. I think Burton will stay up next season, if of course they are not too far behind in terms of squad quality.

If they can survive the first season, then Clough will keep them there. Think the first one will be the toughest, as their squad looks extremely limited (Championship level) at present through no fault of the managers.

If I was an owner, I'd never put faith in Clough in getting a team out of a division. That's why I don't think he'd ever be appreciated at Derby/Sheff Utd in that regard. Stick him in a team whose sole purpose is to stay in the Championship (or any league) and he'd be a superb candidate.

Teams like Rotherham, Doncaster, Charlton and MK Dons missed the boat with him. 

Div 2 he left them clear at the top....advancement in anybodys eyes, but the promotion was down to Roy Mc.

Div 1 inherited a side top and took them to promotion...advancement in anybodys yes,  but the credit lies elsewhere.

Both can't be correct Bris.

For once mate just admit that you have called this wrong and and save some embarrassment.

5 minutes ago, bigbadbob said:

It's ok. I've defo stopped reading the other thread now

BBB, could you stop with just the sarcastic comments please.

The last thread got locked, i don't want to see this one going the same way.

You know what the thread is about by now, if you're not interested, surely you can fin other threads to better spend your time posting on?.

2 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

Now you've admitted he deserves some credit for getting them promoted i have no need to argue anymore.

What all the above has to do with the thread, it's me trying to tell you that you get football things wrong regularly.

The same as you got the fact that Clough wouldn't take them up wrong. The same as your opinion on him as a losing manager is wrong. I'm trying to establish a precedence. If you're wrong before, you're wrong now then there's a big chance you're going to be wrong again in the future.

That's the relevance. I don't like the fact you think you know more than you know. It really bugs me.

If I got as much wrong as you, I'd stop posting.

By the way, he's not my poster boy, I don't have any posters of him up at all, all that shows is your childish immaturity.

And what exactly do I have to accept?

I'm about to be celebrating promotion that's come from a person you claimed wouldn't be able to get promotion.

Accept that.

I think calling you a clown was a disservice to clowns. Apologies to all the clowns out there.

Great debate Ronnie. We should do it again next weekend:thumbsup:

1 minute ago, ronnieronalde said:

BBB, could you stop with just the sarcastic comments please.

The last thread got locked, i don't want to see this one going the same way.

You know what the thread is about by now, if you're not interested, surely you can fin other threads to better spend your time posting on?.

Well you did say please and I do think good manners goes a long way

8 minutes ago, Pearson said:

Div 2 he left them clear at the top....advancement in anybodys eyes, but the promotion was down to Roy Mc.

Div 1 inherited a side top and took them to promotion...advancement in anybodys yes,  but the credit lies elsewhere.

Both can't be correct Bris.

For once mate just admit that you have called this wrong and and save some embarrassment.

Clough left them in the conference buddy. He's never managed in League Two, which is quite odd considering better managers have.

1 hour ago, Bris Vegas said:

Clough wouldn't have got Burton out of League Two. He would have had them there, hovering around midtable and consolidating them as a League Two club playing boring football.

He hasn't proved in five full seasons (or is it six?) in the Football League that he is capable of getting a team up. If he showed an ounce of capability, Derby or Sheff Utd wouldn't have ditched him.

Clough has never struck me as a winning manager. Like I said, he has some great qualities, but earning promotion with his own squad in a full football league season isn't one of them.

Even with my "less than generous" evaluation of Nigel's management skills, I'm laughing at the absurdity and nonsense you are spouting, as per the other thread in which you made a fool with your "predictions", you state adamantly that certain things would/will not happen. Based on the trajectory of Nigel's tenure at Burton Albion the first time around, and the pattern of clubs that come into League 2 and gain almost instant promotion, I'd say it was more likely that Nigel WOULD have got Burton promoted from League 2. Momentum is key in that league, and with him leaving Burton something like 25 points clear, I'd find it hard to argue that he'd gain further success/growth with them.

Phil Brown would never have got Derby promoted, but managed to get Hull up, so once again you're being churlish in your insistence of judging a man's potential at one club by his previous at another!

1 minute ago, reveldevil said:

Very confusing thread, so to sum up I've provided this easy to understand picture summary 

Forest clown - 

download.jpg

Mexican clown - 

images (1).jpg

Hope that helps!

Is that another one of your jokes where you end up telling me to wind my neck in? 

I know, in future i'll just let everyone spout as much garbage as they want about NC and I'll shut up and say nowt.

It's the only thing that'll make some of you happy. God forbid anyone actually tries to correct some of the bullshit.

And as an added FYI, i've been a Burton Albion clown longer than i've been a Forest clown, so you might want to edit that.

And put in another picture.

* the someone with nothing to say but who STILL posts on the thread they've "no interest in" clown.

You missed him off.

8 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

Is that another one of your jokes where you end up telling me to wind my neck in? 

I know, in future i'll just let everyone spout as much garbage as they want about NC and I'll shut up and say nowt.

It's the only thing that'll make some of you happy. God forbid anyone actually tries to correct some of the bullshit.

And as an added FYI, i've been a Burton Albion clown longer than i've been a Forest clown, so you might want to edit that.

* the someone with nothing to say but who STILL posts on the thread they've "no interest in" clown.

You missed him off.

Couldn't find that one buddy, but saw this and thought of you!

canstock32742731.jpg

13 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

You missed him off.

And I thought we were friends now.i feel used

17 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Even with my "less than generous" evaluation of Nigel's management skills, I'm laughing at the absurdity and nonsense you are spouting, as per the other thread in which you made a fool with your "predictions", you state adamantly that certain things would/will not happen. Based on the trajectory of Nigel's tenure at Burton Albion the first time around, and the pattern of clubs that come into League 2 and gain almost instant promotion, I'd say it was more likely that Nigel WOULD have got Burton promoted from League 2. Momentum is key in that league, and with him leaving Burton something like 25 points clear, I'd find it hard to argue that he'd gain further success/growth with them.

Phil Brown would never have got Derby promoted, but managed to get Hull up, so once again you're being churlish in your insistence of judging a man's potential at one club by his previous at another!

Brown also got Southend promoted. So certainly no one-season fluke you allude to.

You're saying Nigel would have got Burton promoted to League One based on their conference form? Really, where are Barnet, Luton and Mansfield now? The last three winners of the Conference...

Your suggestion that Nigel, a manager who has a very average career record and zero football league promotions to his name, would have got Burton promoted based on mometum of winning the Conference is absurd.

And I made a fool of myself with my predictions? Yes, I feel a fool for suggesting Derby may not make the playoffs because they were on poor form and Ipswich had the easier run-in... 

4 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Brown also got Southend promoted. So certainly no one-season fluke you allude to.

You're saying Nigel would have got Burton promoted to League One based on their conference form? Really, where are Barnet, Luton and Mansfield now? The last three winners of the Conference...

Your suggestion that Nigel, a manager who has a very average career record and zero football league promotions to his name, would have got Burton promoted based on mometum of winning the Conference is absurd.

And I made a fool of myself with my predictions? Yes, I feel a fool for suggesting Derby may not make the playoffs because they were on poor form and Ipswich had the easier run-in... 

Well they do say the first stage of recovery is admitting you have a problem. So well done you

Archived