Starting to think Wassall is the man for us .

Curtains

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:
  • managed to win in London
  • managed to beat Brentford (bogey team)
  • managed to win away at Brentford
  • managed to turn around losing to winning 
  • managed to execute 2/3 effective substitutions
  • managed to win in 2016
  • 50% win rate

The first 3 are exactly the same points

Managed to win in 2016. its nearly march, Nice positivity but a realist wouldnt get excited about wassall yet

Rather him than clement for me , was totally against not getting an experienced manager in straight away to replace clement but it's done now and got to say I loved his pure passion after the Brentford win and if he can infect the players with that then I may turn out to have been wrong and appointing him till season end may turn out to be a master stroke , we will know more come Sunday evening

The win certainly seems to have engendered a positive outlook from the players and with the fans too. Of course it's way too early to tell. First game was, from a style point of view, horrible but even then the player attitude was positive so in a sense I wasn't overly gloomy. Now we have a win where we played well but didn't get the luck of the bounce until the second half.

wednesday is a big test .. Solid mid ranking opposition, playing at home, new manager, confidence vastly improved

so ... DW .. This is the moment .. Do we go over the top of the hill and see wide green vistas or do we fall in the mud and start examining our navels, crying in our beer and generally moving in to an area where we might begin to self harm.

my vote ... Derby 4 Blackburn 1 ... Singing all the way home ...can't wait !

4 minutes ago, jono said:

The win certainly seems to have engendered a positive outlook from the players and with the fans too. Of course it's way too early to tell. First game was, from a style point of view, horrible but even then the player attitude was positive so in a sense I wasn't overly gloomy. Now we have a win where we played well but didn't get the luck of the bounce until the second half.

wednesday is a big test .. Solid mid ranking opposition, playing at home, new manager, confidence vastly improved

so ... DW .. This is the moment .. Do we go over the top of the hill and see wide green vistas or do we fall in the mud and start examining our navels, crying in our beer and generally moving in to an area where we might begin to self harm.

my vote ... Derby 4 Blackburn 1 ... Singing all the way home ...can't wait !

Nicky and Chrissie both scoring.......

1 hour ago, Jon_Grooves said:

The first 3 are exactly the same points

Managed to win in 2016. its nearly march, Nice positivity but a realist wouldnt get excited about wassall yet

No they are not, we had 3 pretty bad records.

We couldn't win in London, against ALL London opposition.

We couldn't beat Brentford in recent fixtures.

We hadn't won away at Brentford in an absolute age.

Three different records.

Putting aside the result on saturday I saw some positive performance signs and also a sense of developing togetherness between management and players that was not as evident under Clement. 

Let's not kid ourselves. We're some way off where we have been in the best bits of the last couple of seasons. So plenty to work on. But if all pull in the same direction then we at least have a better chance of success. 

12 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Putting aside the result on saturday I saw some positive performance signs and also a sense of developing togetherness between management and players that was not as evident under Clement. 

Let's not kid ourselves. We're some way off where we have been in the best bits of the last couple of seasons. So plenty to work on. But if all pull in the same direction then we at least have a better chance of success. 

100% this. If we, as a club, pull together with a confident side playing fast flowing football we could be in for quite a ride as I believe we have a very talented squad. Let's see where we are after the next two games but quite honestly this is the happiest I have felt this season. Even if we don't make top two we could have massive momentum going into the play offs. All in all we may be getting back to.................. dare I say it...............The Derby Way!

Football is all about highs & lows & you never quite know sometimes how you got from one to the other. Let's enjoy the moment (a win, a Chrissy Martin goal & a manager showing some emotion) - I have already put my bet on 4 1 for Wednesday (you've got to have hope)

PS a few people still seem to think we are playing tomorrow not Wednesday.....

1 hour ago, Mostyn6 said:

No they are not, we had 3 pretty bad records.

We couldn't win in London, against ALL London opposition.

We couldn't beat Brentford in recent fixtures.

We hadn't won away at Brentford in an absolute age.

Three different records.

Didn't we beat Brentford in our most recent meeting?

44 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

If he wants the job full time then I hope it works out for him.

He's done some great work on the youth side of things, here's hoping he can transfer that to the first team for the remainder of the season. 

He did quote after doing the first training session, he noticed the drop in fitness levels. Hence the fitness coach that Clements brought in got the boot and we got someone in who was at the Rams before.

1 hour ago, curtains said:

Dazza seems to have galvanized the squad. 

Hope the team do if for the lad tomorrow night. 

It's early days but if dw can combine his bringing the team together psychology with creating a positive feel about the play then he might just be a great find for us.

Tomorrow important.  We've had an extra days rest and they played with 10 for a while and also got a good hiding. Most factors in our favour. 

When similar has been the case earlier in the season  (eg forest) we have been total toilet,  so a chance for dw to put a marker down!

COYR 

Early days and we arent exactly playing the e!ite ,showing some improvement though and two wins should help build confidence going forward.Not trying to put a dampner on it but 3 games in for DW is too early for judgement but so far appears to have stopped the rot,weather he can continue to steer us in the right direction is yet to be seen

Archived