Starting to think Wassall is the man for us .

Curtains

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1)yes and 2)no

we played some great football then did some great defending...we are not up to the 2013 season standards by far but so much better than earlier this season in terms of effort,passion and teamwork i.m.o

plus i personally love wassells enthusiasm for the job,its just what the team needed and they clearly respond to it

dont forget the team is effectively rebuilding itself after the apparent stagnation of the brief p.c era.... the improvements will continue and take time 

8 minutes ago, TroyDyer said:

Am I the only one that thought we were crap?

Wouldn't say crap, thought first 15 mins we had a quicker tempo, then it slowly faded to hanging on, couldn't keep possession and probably our turn for a bit of luck at the end.

Ugly win for most of the game, nothing more, nothing less, hoping the belief and tempo keeps picking up.

I like that the players appear to be having fun again. Nobody likes watching or playing in a team that's full of restrictions. 

But still a bit to do. Tactically it looks a bit chaotic. No real pattern to the pressing, shape broken easily. It's a start though

1 minute ago, sage said:

nope. No better than Preston or MK Dons games. 

A tad harsh sage, 1st half was the most enjoyable home performance in ages imo, glimpses of how we used to be, and much better than the games you mention.

2nd half was pretty poor though, granted.

Why we don't even attempt to stop crosses, and still bring everyone back into the box, not just for corners but tonight on throw ins too, puzzles me.

I'm no closer to an opinion one way or the other on Wassall, but a wins a win.

It's looking like we are going to have to risk the season on beating one team over two legs and another on a neutral pitch, to get up. Perhaps Wassall needs to concentrate on making sure his best 11 are match fit for those three games, including Thorne and Hughes.  If  it all comes down to that, I'd take that chance with our best players ready to go.

Archived