Who next?

Sparkle

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Shang said:

Swansea said the same about Curtis in a way to make the players commit themselves to him before the manager came in. A way to stop speculation from distracting the players.

Curtis was given a few games, didn't do well and then the foreign guy came in.

Don't get me wrong, I really wouldn't be surprised at all if we have someone else within the next few weeks but this way we know where we stand and there's no rush or uncertainty.

If we want to make the right choice, it would make more sense to have a look at our options, speak to a few people then address the situation in the summer. Our list of realistic targets will be a lot clearer when the season is over as we'll know where we are, where other clubs and and what needs to be done.

For example with Rowett who I think would be a decent appointment. He'd probably not come at this moment in time. New contract, doing well at Brum etc. However in the summer if us and Brum are both in the same league, give Brum compo and it's a different story. Right now we're largely restricted to unemployed managers. If we got Moyes/Rodgers then of course act now, but I can't see that at all.

17 minutes ago, Shang said:

Do you really think he'd drop down a league? He was a CL manager two seasons ago.

Apparently Monk poisoned his relationship with players and the players complained to Huw Jenkins, so would be a silly mistake to do that again.

I think it'd be a manager from overseas no ones heard before. Hope it works out like Pochettino, Jokanovic, Alex Neil etc

Is Scotland overseas? Over the wall maybe ?

25 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Well there we have it who will be next for the Rams?

we are one of the most attractive clubs in England for any manager - club, history,supporters,facilities and during this time period money!

also 5th in the league 

who wants it? Lots currently available (let's assume we are actively looking)

moyes, Pearson, monk, (even the ex Chelsea guy!)

i would have gone previously for warburton due to his attacking intent but hay ho

discuss 

Maybe not an attractive opposition if what people are fearing about Mel is correct!

If we're going to play 'the Derby way' then Moyes is out!

I definitely think we need a strong character who can manage both downwards and upwards!

Is Mel an interferer, or did he feel impelled to interfere?

How will he refrain in future if we have a good, successful team that hit a bad patch?

How many new signings were Paul's choice?

Did Paul show enough ruthlessness in not culling a squad that had failed in two previous promotion campaigns?

How many PoTY's and Captains from other clubs do you need to sign to find a leader?

Will the next fans' forum be more than a chat about concourse choices tepid beer and cold pies?

Answers on a postcard to WTF, Derby DE1 8XL

:huh:

Archived