Clement gone.

Rev

If he hasn't got a replacement lined up then don't understand it at all, as Ian Holloway said on SSN we are 5th in the league 5 points off autos. If Wassal is going to finish off the season then to me it looks like we are giving up. It's 5 points for f**k sake and very least we should be aiming for is play offs.

dont understand all the Pearson bashing, yes the guy seems a bit of a nut job but as a manager, Leicester promotion season they were untouchable, by Xmas no one else was even aiming for the title just battling over second spot. Only reason he got the boot was because if his Son

• Replies 848
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The thing that puzzled me was the interview after preston. He was answering the question on sideways, negative football.

He said that if the pass is not on, only a 50/50 chance then we retain possession.

My immediate thoughts were, "yeah but we have a 50% chance of getting it to our forwards and in a goal scoring position".

Just sounded a bit daft to me.

6 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

The thing that puzzled me was the interview after preston. He was answering the question on sideways, negative football.

He said that if the pass is not on, only a 50/50 chance then we retain possession.

My immediate thoughts were, "yeah but we have a 50% chance of getting it to our forwards and in a goal scoring position".

That probably goes a long way as to explaining why we've drawn so many games.

I had come to the conclusion that like Karanka at Boro, it was going to take Clement a full season to work out what he was doing and mould a squad.  And I suppose I was prepared to buy into that as a plan.  But I have to say there has been precious little flair or exuberance this season.  Even the better performances, like Hull away, we only clicked for half an hour or so.

After a bit of reflection I'm quite relieved I don't have to wait until September before we have the prospect of some fluid attacking and attractive football.

New manager announced on Friday and away we go...

16 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

If Burnley had that philosophy they would not have scored at all. 

Why all the negativity. If whoever comes in and I think personally it will be Rodgers who could lead us to promotion ala Watford style ( huge influx of players and managerial changes in a season ) most of you on here currently slating Mel will be dothing your caps to him come May time. For a start we haven't a clue what's gone off behind the scenes all we know is we've had a very negative approach to most games this season with some big players massively underperforming. I liked Clement and his straight talking to begin with but after recent weeks I was dreading Saturday, not the possibility of losing or drawing with another poor side but the prospect of watching dull slow paced football in a poor atmosphere again. The atmosphere comes from what we're seeing on the pitch, if it's dross it's difficult to get excited about and to keep it up for 90 mins no matter how loyal you are. In my 23 years following Derby we've had much darker times with worse people at the helm so I'm not panicking just yet. 

Rodgers has reportedly rejected 5 jobs since leaving Liverpool. He was holding out for the Chelsea job which he isn't going to get by the looks of it.

Is he going to then say fair enough, Derby it is. I really don't think so. He ain't coming here.

46 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

That interview was significant for me. Up until then I was happy enough to support him and let him find his way (rookie manager and so on).

After that interview I began to think that his idea of what he was trying to achieve and what I'd hoped was his idea of what he was trying to achieve might be some distance from one another.

Maybe SR or MM should have checked out what his version of the 'Derby Way' was going to look like in practice - before offering him a contract.

Thanks for all your hard work at the club Paul, sadly it didn't work out. 

I'd also like to apologise for myself and the other fans that bullied you into playing Chris Martin when you didn't want to, which ultimately led to your demise (as observed by @curtains)

On the plus side, my insomnia is cured, as with my Rams Player subscription I can rewatch all the games from this season to send me off.

2 hours ago, archied said:

....reached this point by watching us fall apart as a team with negative poor performances getting worse....

...only the fact that we have some talented players capable of moments of individual magic have pulled our arse out the fire....

...on you Rams get out there and play the kind of football we've all seen you are capable of...

Unlike Clement you've only got 2 pieces, and they fit perfectly. I wonder if you'll manage to successfully piece them together.

It's funny isn't it? The more individual players we signed, the worse we got as a team, yeah? Hear that click? No, probably not.

2 hours ago, wiseram said:

We do have a squad of top class championship class and partly premier potential to produce a flowing attacking team in our division. PC should have worked with the ability / skill he had to hand and not tried to create possession machine etc....

Good luck creating a free flowing attacking team containing any 3 of Weimann, Ince, Johnson, Blackman, Christie, Baird & Camara in the same team, you'll need it! Hey, they're all quite fast though, aren't they (Johnson aside)!? Must be brilliant footballers! 

None of those players have shown the capability of playing flowing attacking football.

Our relative success was based on being a 'possesion machine', the difference is that the players we had available could play that way in the opposition's third - they've been replaced with players who can't.  It was exactly this insistence on 'not' playing possession football that got us signing all these bloody' individuals'!

I despair, I really do.

Got my thoughts together for a post on my blog.

http://viewfromtheweststand.blogspot.co.uk/2016/02/the-sacking-of-paul-clement.html

All in all, even though few of us saw it coming, can we really complain when it's true that Clement failed to deliver the attractive football that was promised. You can get away with that if the results go your way, but not if you lose as well. Lot's of questions to be asked of all involved really: what is our transfer policy, if we actually have one? Who was signing players, Clement or Morris?

37 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Rodgers has reportedly rejected 5 jobs since leaving Liverpool. He was holding out for the Chelsea job which he isn't going to get by the looks of it.

Is he going to then say fair enough, Derby it is. I really don't think so. He ain't coming here.

He was never going to get the Chelsea job. Plus it doesn't say who the 5 are he's rejected

1 hour ago, Statham512 said:

Club Why all the negativity. If whoever comes in and I think personally it will be Rodgers who could lead us to promotion ala Watford style ( huge influx of players and managerial changes in a season ) most of you on here currently slating Mel will be dothing your caps to him come May time. 

Rodgers? What about Jose? Maybe Pep will dump City now the Derby job is free? 

Bonkers.

Finished a late shift. Bed at 4 am after watching Leaving Las Vegas.... Laugh a minute movie if ever there was one?. Turn on 5 Live to hear this news. Ridiculous decision I say. What this reminds me of is the Maxwell era. The new saviour as it was! If we get Morris as shirt sponsor then I'll be making serious comparisons.

Its obviously a big shame for everyone that this hasn't worked out - its totally regretful

But the reality is, as the club have concluded, that it was never going to work out and be put right by the current incumbent

However nice a chap Paul may be , the fact of the matter is that , as a leader, him and his coach Mr Peacock seemed to be utterly uninspiring. I would have thought, to be a successful leader, you have to be able to inspire confidence and desire in your team. I know its easy to say with hindsight, but its hard to see how these two were ever going to be able to do this. And this isn't just any organisation - its in a hugely high profile one, full of bulging egos and wads and wads of cash flying about. Where you almost need a big personality to survive, let alone prosper.

He was on a hiding to nothing from the start, but at least he was given a chance

So personally I don't see what other option the club had ; something was wrong, it wasn't going to be put right by those currently in the job, so something had to change. All the players knew it, most of the supporters and crowd knew it (despite the hand-wringing of the vocal minority on here ). And once decided, you have to get on with the change as soon as possible and make the best of a bad job.

Archived