Clement gone.

Rev

18 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

Unsurprisingly when a manager gets sacked out of the blue, I'm hearing scurrilous rumours along the lines of the George Burley/Marcus Tudgay rumours. This is allegedly coming from someone close to the club, but on the face of it I find it hard to believe. The key point that could be easily disproved is that they are saying Paul Clement and his wife are no longer an item and that they split up when he was still at Real, but I'm pretty sure I recall an interview when he arrived saying that his wife and kids had moved back to the UK with him.

For the record I don't believe any of the above, but would be good to close some of the gossip down eh?

It is of course well known that the best way to close gossip down is to spread it, as you just did.

• Replies 848
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The problem is that nature hates a vacuum.

The vacuum here is lack of credible information, so people attempt to fill in the void, invariably the info leans towards a scandal as that excites.

Perhaps PC just couldn't deliver the final 10%?

1 minute ago, satty atwal said:

Since last night i have posted mostly nonsense due to being shellshocked by the sacking.... now 16 odd hours later i think i can pause and reflect on where to go from here.... we have 2 options 

1) bring in someone now and go all out for promotion.... all or nothing, then regardless of where we are, give the new guy a full season.

2) write off this season, let wassall carry it on till the end of the season then in the summer get the right man as there will be alot more available. Then we can dismantle this expensively assembled squad, some of the players have been here too long and failed to achieve what we want, the grants keoghs martins russells as well as others that can attain a respectable fee ie christie hendrick etc aswell as expensive signings likes of blackman ince camara, whilst keeping a core like thorne butterfield hughes, then start again and give the new man a new team that he assembles himself, very similiar to the transition from mcfarland to smith, kitson pembridge johnson short etc out and new breed like van der laan rowett willems etc whilst keeping a core, studge gabbiadini yates.... then go from there.

I personally would go for the 2nd option as i feel that the dressing room is not right, the squad as a whole are now psychologically failures, we need to start again im my opinion but with the right kind of man in charge that plays the right blens of football, warburton or rodgers (maybe) otherwise look abroad, i just think that this dressing room is now poisoned and we need to ship majority of these out and give us a fresh new exciting team and start.

There are two flaws in your 2nd plan.

Firstly, we appear to be right up against the FFP ceiling, and that was before having to pay off departing staff. The players we have signed this season will continue to take up the majority of the allowable FFP loss due to the amortisation of the values of their registrations. If we seem unambitious for the rest of this season it will affect attendances and season ticket renewals. This will also mean less money from sponsorship, merchandising, catering etc. Effectively, our turnover will drop, which at best will allow no money for transfers next season, at worst will put us into embargo. I don't believe that the club can actually write off this season.

Secondly, it is far easier for a manager to assess his players during the season. A new manager coming in with fifteen games to go would know exactly which players suit and where strengthening is needed is the summer. He would also know which players worked with which system. We could then hit the ground running for next season, rather than going through a 'bedding in' period. 

Personally, I believe that we need to get the right manager in as soon as is possible, whilst taking enough time to get the choice right. A couple of weeks is fine, but to wait until the summer would be folly.

13 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Strong rumours however are that this is not a football decision. Apparently there was a huge bust up between Clement and the Chairman, Mel Morris at the training ground a few weeks ago. Also he may or may not have been having it away with the missus of one of the players (I've heard Darren Bent mentioned, who mysteriously seems to hardly be playing). Now this may all be b0ll0cks of course but everyone is saying the same thing and it wouldn't be the first time that sort of thing has happened at Derby either!

Heard it all now!  Do you think PC could measure up compared to Darren's in the box prowess?

2 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

There are two flaws in your 2nd plan.

Firstly, we appear to be right up against the FFP ceiling, and that was before having to pay off departing staff. The players we have signed this season will continue to take up the majority of the allowable FFP loss due to the amortisation of the values of their registrations. If we seem unambitious for the rest of this season it will affect attendances and season ticket renewals. This will also mean less money from sponsorship, merchandising, catering etc. Effectively, our turnover will drop, which at best will allow no money for transfers next season, at worst will put us into embargo. I don't believe that the club can actually write off this season.

Secondly, it is far easier for a manager to assess his players during the season. A new manager coming in with fifteen games to go would know exactly which players suit and where strengthening is needed is the summer. He would also know which players worked with which system. We could then hit the ground running for next season, rather than going through a 'bedding in' period. 

Personally, I believe that we need to get the right manager in as soon as is possible, whilst taking enough time to get the choice right. A couple of weeks is fine, but to wait until the summer would be folly.

So you would rather get the long term person in now rather than a stop gap.... then give him the rest of this season to see if gets us up or not.... if its a not.... then he can get rid of any bad apples if there are any and bring in his own team and will have had 15 games (after mk game) to assess.

Sounds good to me, option 3 it is then ;)

3 minutes ago, McRamFan said:

The problem is that nature hates a vacuum.

The vacuum here is lack of credible information, so people attempt to fill in the void, invariably the info leans towards a scandal as that excites.

Perhaps PC just couldn't deliver the final 10%?

Spot on McRamFan.

The truth is we don't know the truth.

What I think we can say is that as in many workplaces, how you do the job is just as important as the results you deliver.

On the latter measurement, it was too soon to sack Clement in my opinion.  I think we have a squad capable of finishing higher in the table than 5th, but with three months of the season to go we are hardly out of contention for promotion either. 

As the club statement suggested, Clement was not delivering what the club wanted in terms of his approach to the role and the impact that had upon the team's performances.  It may well be there were personality clashes and significant discord behind the scenes - we don't know for sure. But if some or all of these factors were present, then as with any employee not deemed to be delivering, ultimately the CEO/business owner will want to make a change.

If we had maintained an automatic promotion position then I think Clement would have stayed safe even if there was discord because upsetting the apple cart would have been too risky.  But once results started to slip then the other factors clearly tipped the balance against him.

I thought the mistake was Peacock, he was responsible for boring methods of coaching for coaching badges. We tried to play like Real Madrid, slow from the back but lacked a Ronaldo, James and Bale to explode into action. Plus George Thorne was playing as deep as Keogh and Shackell - that was PC's downfall especially when you see Leicester attack. Plus on Sat Johnny Russell had no right foot when clean through, so where has the coaching gone !!

1 minute ago, Ahjames08 said:

I thought the mistake was Peacock, he was responsible for boring methods of coaching for coaching badges. We tried to play like Real Madrid, slow from the back but lacked a Ronaldo, James and Bale to explode into action. Plus George Thorne was playing as deep as Keogh and Shackell - that was PC's downfall especially when you see Leicester attack. Plus on Sat Johnny Russell had no right foot when clean through, so where has the coaching gone !!

Johnny Russell having no right foot when clean through and absolutely nothing to do with coaching. That was entirely his composure failing him. Adding lines like that really makes the rest of your post seem far less thought-out :p

4 minutes ago, Daveo said:

Shouldn't have to say this but any "rumours" that can potentially be damaging to people connected to the club and seen as libellous do not post on this forum. 

Hence why I put the laughing face next to it because I know for a fact that it is BS :)

5 minutes ago, Daveo said:

Shouldn't have to say this but any "rumours" that can potentially be damaging to people connected to the club and seen as libellous do not post on this forum. 

Booooo police state! Where's the freedom of speech gone this countries gone to the dogs.

Just now, McLovin said:

Hence why I put the laughing face next to it because I know for a fact that it is BS :)

A laughing face doesn't make it acceptable to post, it's still peddling libellous and potentially damaging rumours, this isn't the place for it

Strange in just over 2 years a stable club sacked a manager,brought on board, a director of football and a new recruitment policy,
All this failed,and still in the championship after 18  months they had moved from 10th in the league up to 8th.
So the new Head coach of international stature Steve McClaren was sacked and the director of football went with him ,and of coarse the coaches as well.
Next multi millionaire Mel Morris,bought the club from the  american owners,,and invested 30 million on the squad,and brought in the brightest head coach
paul clements,with a impressive c-v.Time would be allowed ,he could become the next Alex Ferguson,and no more would this club be ruled by a dictator,and the recruitment policy would remain with clubs selection committee,of After months of painstaking research.Clements lasted,6 months,And now Wassell with the chairman will run the club,
Meanwhile the man who started this turmoil  Sam Rush the C-E-O, is on a 5 year contract ,and more millions spent on paying Clements contract up.
Why watch the soaps on teli

Read more: http://burtonbrewers.proboards.com/thread/2261/lots-unhappy-sheep-tonight?page=1#ixzz3zfUhni91

Archived