Clement gone.

Rev

1 hour ago, ValeRam said:

No problem with the Wassall appointment 

The club had to do something to keep the wheels on , and had to do it very quickly. It was probably the best choice by far they could have made

its clearly not a long term (or even medium term) solution, but it buys time to find that solution. Mid Feb is not the best time to make a long term decision , end of season is. They may get lucky  and find the right man, before then. If not, take the time to get it right. We can't afford another slip-up in appointing a manager, surely. 

And you never know, Mr Wassall may come through as a shining light in the interim period, and give them all a nice but difficult choice come seasons end.

Not holding my breath on that one Vale mate... Let's hope we don't concede 4 goals to MK Dons on Sat in first half...

• Replies 848
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, curtains said:

We need to move on  or alternatively we could just destroy Derby County . 

I think you are drastically overestimating the power that regular posters on a forum have in the great scheme of things.

6 minutes ago, ShoreRam said:

Welcome - TBH as soon as someone mentions money people are on, I call BS. Let's be honest, who on earth tells their colleagues what they're on? Even an a more typical environment where salaries are controlled by ranges and banding, it's not something that people talk about. So it's a great story, but I don't believe a word of it.

Yeah well each to their own. Everyone is hearing all sorts coming out of the club so thought an inside view may be reliable but hey I've heard at least 20 different rumours today but just sharing what was shared with me. Toxic times at derby needless to say.

3 minutes ago, pommie_al said:

Yeah well each to their own. Everyone is hearing all sorts coming out of the club so thought an inside view may be reliable but hey I've heard at least 20 different rumours today but just sharing what was shared with me. Toxic times at derby needless to say.

It's not a reliable 'inside view' though it is - It's a third hand translation of comments from a single individual. Toxic? Don't mistake a set of fans getting over excited on message boards as fact....

6 minutes ago, StockholmRam said:

Not holding my breath on that one Vale mate... Let's hope we don't concede 4 goals to MK Dons on Sat in first half...

Wassall was still technically in charge for the other 4 goals we scored in the right end though.

The good think about Wassall is that it's clear where he needs to improve. Sort his defence out, and we'll thump every team 4-0.

Fear not, the Derby Promotion bus has a new driver but it's not stopping until May!

8 minutes ago, StaffsRam said:

Is Neil Clement going to be in full possession of all of the facts? I doubt Paul phoned him up and told him that he'd lost the dressing room. 

Maybe, maybe not. But if he only met MM briefly once then that's quite an extreme opinion to make.

10 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

If the main problem culminated in heated arguments with MM and PC (as has been rumoured) then obviously the brother of one side of those arguments is going to think the other side is idiotic. Plus he hasn't been present, said he visited "briefly" so EVERYTHING he knows has come from the mouth of PC. Not saying you're wrong but don't read too much into completely biased views, it's dangerous. 

Agreed that NC is bound to be biased. But at the moment his view is as credible as we have. Just thought it telling that he praised the players rather than criticising them. Just to make it clear I'm not slagging off MM in the slightest. I don't, and probably never will, know what has gone on. Unless I hear otherwise I can only take it on face value as to what we've been told. I just think that the fact that the players have not been criticised by someone more #itk than us tells us that there was no player revolution against PC.

3 minutes ago, ShoreRam said:

Yeah, I did think that! Honestly though, their morals to one side, I don't think they're stupid and that would be a fairly silly business practice.

I don't think they'd go into the detail of the other player's deal, but I'm sure they'd use the fact that it was better to engineer an improvement for other players as well. Let's not forget that the Agents will likely have a vested (financial) interest in getting their players on the most that they can.

2 minutes ago, DerbyPride said:

Maybe, maybe not. But if he only met MM briefly once then that's quite an extreme opinion to make.

He's just sacked his Brother, of course he's going to take an extreme view. 

1 hour ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

But we have a crack team of analysts built over the tenure of Mr Clement to statistically enforce the Derby Way?

Unfortunately something got lost in translation: they recruited a team of analysts on crack.

When they realised their mistake it was too late, because the team of analysts on crack had gone out and recruited a team of analists up Mel's crack.

Has anyone got a torch?

Some of the (earlier) posters on here need to take a long hard look at themselves.

Mel should resign. Resign? He owns the f****** club. Are each and every one of the 30,000 faithful men women and children who attend home games going to stump up £33,000 just to buy the club? Then what?

Also, if this was a Blackpool type environment,

a) Mel would be taking money out of the club, not putting it in, and

b) Several on this forum would be in court for defamation of character, Yes, really.

Get real.

Came across this gem from a Man Utd fan :lol:

Living close to Derby the reaction has been mixed. They are well placed in the League - despite a shaky patch they are still only 5 points off the top, and 2 of the recent defeats have been against Middlesbrough and Burnley.
Strong rumours however are that this is not a football decision. Apparently there was a huge bust up between Clement and the Chairman, Mel Morris at the training ground a few weeks ago. Also he may or may not have been having it away with the missus of one of the players (I've heard Darren Bent mentioned, who mysteriously seems to hardly be playing). Now this may all be b0ll0cks of course but everyone is saying the same thing and it wouldn't be the first time that sort of thing has happened at Derby either!
They have an excellent squad, possibly the best in the division, just needs someone to go in there and sort out the mess - and Mel Morris needs to realise he's the Chairman and not the Manager. They were flying until he stook his nose in to team affairs!

Since last night i have posted mostly nonsense due to being shellshocked by the sacking.... now 16 odd hours later i think i can pause and reflect on where to go from here.... we have 2 options 

1) bring in someone now and go all out for promotion.... all or nothing, then regardless of where we are, give the new guy a full season.

2) write off this season, let wassall carry it on till the end of the season then in the summer get the right man as there will be alot more available. Then we can dismantle this expensively assembled squad, some of the players have been here too long and failed to achieve what we want, the grants keoghs martins russells as well as others that can attain a respectable fee ie christie hendrick etc aswell as expensive signings likes of blackman ince camara, whilst keeping a core like thorne butterfield hughes, then start again and give the new man a new team that he assembles himself, very similiar to the transition from mcfarland to smith, kitson pembridge johnson short etc out and new breed like van der laan rowett willems etc whilst keeping a core, studge gabbiadini yates.... then go from there.

I personally would go for the 2nd option as i feel that the dressing room is not right, the squad as a whole are now psychologically failures, we need to start again im my opinion but with the right kind of man in charge that plays the right blens of football, warburton or rodgers (maybe) otherwise look abroad, i just think that this dressing room is now poisoned and we need to ship majority of these out and give us a fresh new exciting team and start.

Archived