Clement gone.

Rev

3 minutes ago, ValeRam said:

No problem with the Wassall appointment 

The club had to do something to keep the wheels on , and had to do it very quickly. It was probably the best choice by far they could have made

its clearly not a long term (or even medium term) solution, but it buys time to find that solution. Mid Feb is not the best time to make a long term decision , end of season is. They may get lucky  and find the right man, before then. If not, take the time to get it right. We can't afford another slip-up in appointing a manager, surely. 

And you never know, Mr Wassall may come through as a shining light in the interim period, and give them all a nice but difficult choice come seasons end.

So your writing of this season then? As sure as hell we aint going up with wassall in charge

• Replies 848
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I think the way some are speaking about our owner is nothing short of disgraceful...and that is coming from me who has been pretty critical of his approach since the outset.

Those of you who were lapping it up when he bought Ince, Johnson and Butterfield,  couldn't wait to tell the world how well out club was being run etc and are now calling him an embarrassment need to take a look at yourselves.

It's only a couple of years since you were slating the Forest fans over their treatment of Doughty don't forget.

I think he has made mistakes and may have done a bit too much self promotion but not many of you thought that was relevant when we were top of the league. 

He's made a tough decision, and one which I think is correct but I guess only time will tell. If things do pick up from here it will be great fun watching loads of you backtracking again.

Fickle.

In many ways, yes.

But now with reports of him ranting in the dressing room, forcing team selections, promising us PC would be given a full season regardless, saying we've sacked PC because there was no route from U21's to the first team yet signing all them bloated cheques for new players...he has some explaining to do.

It's clear that there is something very rotten gone on behind the scenes.

Just now, Mafiabob said:

Find it quite ironic that you have done this on a Derby County Forum.. Lol

M8 I agree it's a forum and it's a discussion environment but it's not going to help at this time. 

We need to move on  or alternatively we could just destroy Derby County . 

16 minutes ago, satty atwal said:

So your writing of this season then? As sure as hell we aint going up with wassall in charge

Personally I would be wary of our prospects for next season if we are only making a permanent appointment at the end of this season.

1 close season is not a lot of time to properly appraise the current squad and identify who is "core " who is "backup " and who is :fringe ".

And then move the ones on that you don't want. 

I expect another tricky season. 

"It's already a mess. That pal of mine who lives next door to Craig Forsyth has been speaking to him over a cuppa and he's been very loose with his tongue. Apparently a lot of the new players brought in recently are on two and three times more money than the older players like Martin, Bryson etc and it's p***** them all off. More importantly he was saying before the sacking that clement wasn't even picking the team and Mel Morris and Sam rush were instead. Players brought in without Clements approval so it seems that he and any other coach will be undermined whatever they try and do. Forsyth reckons some of the players have downed tools and want out. The last game we had a line up of pretty much the team that went to Wembley and it was an improved performance by all accounts. Prior to that we couldn't even muster up one shot on goal against Preston who are a poor team. Spent £25m on strengthening as well". 

My dads best mate sent me this. First post here by the way so pleased to meet you all but very interesting. 

32 minutes ago, cosmic said:

In many ways, yes.

But now with reports of him ranting in the dressing room, forcing team selections, promising us PC would be given a full season regardless, saying we've sacked PC because there was no route from U21's to the first team yet signing all them bloated cheques for new players...he has some explaining to do.

It's clear that there is something very rotten gone on behind the scenes.

Those most rotten thing about our club at the moment is the 'fans' who take any drivel posted on social media, then it into fact and use it as a stick to beat out owner, CEO, manager, players, players families or other fans.

I much preferred it when we crawling along at snails page under NC and the majority of these idiots found something better to do.

4 minutes ago, pommie_al said:

"It's already a mess. That pal of mine who lives next door to Craig Forsyth has been speaking to him over a cuppa and he's been very loose with his tongue. Apparently a lot of the new players brought in recently are on two and three times more money than the older players like Martin, Bryson etc and it's p***** them all off. More importantly he was saying before the sacking that clement wasn't even picking the team and Mel Morris and Sam rush were instead. Players brought in without Clements approval so it seems that he and any other coach will be undermined whatever they try and do. Forsyth reckons some of the players have downed tools and want out. The last game we had a line up of pretty much the team that went to Wembley and it was an improved performance by all accounts. Prior to that we couldn't even muster up one shot on goal against Preston who are a poor team. Spent £25m on strengthening as well". 

My dads best mate sent me this. First post here by the way so pleased to meet you all but very interesting. 

These older players still had improved contract extensions within the last year or so with Bryson being reported as one of the highest earners amongst them I can't see them paying all the new lads more than him maybe Bent Johnson and possibly ince not sure who else 

As surprised as I've been by all of this, the only thing that's really bothered me is that not conforminf to a marketing term has been cited as the reason PC has been let go.

"The Derby Way" - as if we have a way. Most teams want to play fast, fluid, attacking football. 

And on the MM discussion, sure it could all be true. But anyone who believes all the crap thrown about on twitter etc. must therefore believe that MM is some sort of lunatic dictator telling everyone how to do their jobs. Frankly, if that was true then we'd be hearing it from far more credible sources than we are.

Whether or not this was the right or the wrong decision will be determined by the choices we make over the next year and a half as is always the way in football. Leicester were blithering idiots for sacking Pearson, if I recall correctly. 

Not sure if it's been picked up on but the deleted Neil Clement tweet (if genuine) points the blame firmly at Mel Morris. The quote is "Good club derby with good players good fans and a mug of a chairman". This rubbishes the claim of Clement losing the dressing room. If the players weren't playing for PC then surely they'd be criticised too?

27 minutes ago, pommie_al said:

Welcome - TBH as soon as someone mentions money people are on, I call BS. Let's be honest, who on earth tells their colleagues what they're on? Even an a more typical environment where salaries are controlled by ranges and banding, it's not something that people talk about. So it's a great story, but I don't believe a word of it.

1 minute ago, DerbyPride said:

Not sure if it's been picked up on but the deleted Neil Clement tweet (if genuine) points the blame firmly at Mel Morris. The quote is "Good club derby with good players good fans and a mug of a chairman". This rubbishes the claim of Clement losing the dressing room. If the players weren't playing for PC then surely they'd be criticised too?

Is Neil Clement going to be in full possession of all of the facts? I doubt Paul phoned him up and told him that he'd lost the dressing room. 

1 minute ago, DerbyPride said:

If the main problem culminated in heated arguments with MM and PC (as has been rumoured) then obviously the brother of one side of those arguments is going to think the other side is idiotic. Plus he hasn't been present, said he visited "briefly" so EVERYTHING he knows has come from the mouth of PC. Not saying you're wrong but don't read too much into completely biased views, it's dangerous. 

3 minutes ago, ShoreRam said:

Welcome - TBH as soon as someone mentions money people are on, I call BS. Let's be honest, who on earth tells their colleagues what they're on? Even an a more typical environment where salaries are controlled by ranges and banding, it's not something that people talk about. So it's a great story, but I don't believe a word of it.

Of course some of them might share the same agent(s)...

Archived