Clement gone.

Rev

• Replies 848
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"the derby way" is hiring an unproven bloke in his first head coach role, lumbering him with a bunch of very expensive mercenaries, sacking him with 16 games to go when only 5 points of top and still in a play off place, to replace him with the U21 coach... 

Seriously?!?!, who the hell would want to come here now? 

The decision is explained perfectly well in the statement.

He was taken on not necessarily to get us promoted, but to improve us across the board, with the idea being that if you keep improving you eventually get promoted. We aren't improving at all, in fact we've gone backwards. Add in the appalling results and he's well within his rights to dismiss the bloke.

Regrettable, as I'd high hopes for Clement, but it plainly hasn't worked. If we got lucky and got a Clough/McClaren style bounce, we could be right back in the mix by Easter.

3 minutes ago, DCFCArmy said:

"the derby way" is hiring an unproven bloke in his first head coach role, lumbering him with a bunch of very expensive mercenaries, sacking him with 16 games to go when only 5 points of top and still in a play off place, to replace him with the U21 coach... 

Seriously?!?!, who the hell would want to come here now? 

Neil Redfearn 

2 minutes ago, needles said:

The decision is explained perfectly well in the statement.

He was taken on not necessarily to get us promoted, but to improve us across the board, with the idea being that if you keep improving you eventually get promoted. We aren't improving at all, in fact we've gone backwards. Add in the appalling results and he's well within his rights to dismiss the bloke.

Regrettable, as I'd high hopes for Clement, but it plainly hasn't worked. If we got lucky and got a Clough/McClaren style bounce, we could be right back in the mix by Easter.

100% spot on and explains it perfectly.

10 minutes ago, EastKentRam said:

If we dont have a replacement lined up or are at least looking to bring in another manager then this is literally the dumbest decision ever.

'the derby way' is also the cringiest saying ever.

Turning into a laughing stock.

There are going to be so many posters looking back in embarrassment in a few weeks when they reflect on their reaction to the owners decision. Mel is a lifelong Rams fan, he will take us into the Premier and keep us there. 

Football is about entertaining the fans, and recently you could have had more excitement at a funeral.

Well done Mel excellent decision although about 2 weeks late.

I've got to say, having spent the last 3 or 4 weeks listening to a everyone moan how sh1t3 we are, how surprised I am by all of the mock outrage on here tonight!

Yes MM just might have gone back on his word but doubt we will ever know what really happened.

I have really been losing my enjoyment of watching DCFC this season, it feels like the last 5 years of building out club have been destroyed and I said that from early on.

Our next manager has his work cut out but has one hell of a squad at his disposal. 

Just remember how quickly things took off after the NC sacking. Could be an interesting and to the season.

With the sacking of paul clemment we need to stay behind the players i just hope they come out fighting now until the end of the season. But who ever comes in next to rally the players now and lift the mood around the place. But i think clemment fell out with players i just hope we can find a win against mk dons.

3 minutes ago, Yani P said:

Was the first post Pearson applying for the job?

Insufficiently high posts-to-likes ratio - the crowd would never accept him.

4 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

at least you're back - yesterday you'd given up on the forum;)

I'm like dog ***** the smell just won't go away. 

Seriously though I would miss you and the others  .

Hope we win Saturday but upset for Clement to be honest  

Dont know the facts though do we. 

I think the problem with PC was his attempt to instil a style of play that needed a "La Liga"  quality to carry off

The players we have are of a good quality and probably a couple approaching premiership class - but don't have the required reading of the game / maturity and football nous to perform the PC style.

We do have a squad of top class championship class and partly premier potential to produce a flowing attacking team in our division. PC should have worked with the ability / skill he had to hand and not tried to create possession machine etc....

2 minutes ago, wiseram said:

I think the problem with PC was his attempt to instil a style of play that needed a "La Liga"  quality to carry off

The players we have are of a good quality and probably a couple approaching premiership class - but don't have the required reading of the game / maturity and football nous to perform the PC style.

We do have a squad of top class championship class and partly premier potential to produce a flowing attacking team in our division. PC should have worked with the ability / skill he had to hand and not tried to create possession machine etc....

That might actually be a good shout.

13 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

There are going to be so many posters looking back in embarrassment in a few weeks when they reflect on their reaction to the owners decision. Mel is a lifelong Rams fan, he will take us into the Premier and keep us there. 

Football is about entertaining the fans, and recently you could have had more excitement at a funeral.

Well done Mel excellent decision although about 2 weeks late.

Let's hope you're right Hinton or you'll be looking pretty foolish yourself pal. As it is, you know nothing more than we do. The manager has gone and we have nobody bar the U21's coach to replace him and to your mind, that's an 'excellent call'. Mock others' opinions all you like but your smugness may well come back to haunt you. In the meantime I really hope you're right about the inevitable charge to the premiership you predict.

6 minutes ago, wiseram said:

Can't argue with that.

Last Tuesday summer it up for me. Acres and acres of space on the left for us, crying out for Olsson but he was happy to carry on with Mr Safe in the shape of Warnock.

In his last 2 post match interviews he sounded a broken man who could not tell what was happening in front of his own eyes.

Archived